[Merged] Feedback about today's Icebrood Saga announcement - Page 11 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Merged] Feedback about today's Icebrood Saga announcement

1678911

Comments

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @AlexxxDelta.1806 said:
    Full transparency and business don't go well together.

    While this is true, at least be transparent about the stuff that has already been developed and just waits to be released, especially if it is stuff you are talking about/presenting in public. Only politicians have the right reserved to beat around the bush about existing facts. ;)

  • omgdracula.6345omgdracula.6345 Member ✭✭✭

    @Iozeph.5617 said:

    @omgdracula.6345 said:

    @MetalGirl.2370 said:
    It's not players fault at all.
    They announced it month prior. Even adding ominous sounds and stuff to the game to hype it, had 2 day long count down.... for what? Merch ads ?
    They led people on... it's not players fault at all. Altho I learnt my lesson and wasn't excited for it at all, I wish others were smarter.

    Apple does this literally every year. I am not sure what your point is? Most game series do this. Borderlands 3 is being super hyped up by the community for it. Well knowing it will just be a shooter with comedy thrown in.

    Bad example because Borderlands 3 is going to be a complete game that will offer a co-op experience and probably deliver on good action and story without nickling and diming you at every turn with worthless cash shop items.

    GW2 is buy to play never asks for money unless you want to spend it.

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @attachi.1792 said:
    Did you noticed A-net increased their gem-store production last mounths? Brand new stuff every week + sales for some of the old goods. Gold price for 400 gems rised to the 170+ gold and won't drop. Looks like another way to get more money plus sink ingame gold from the player's pockets.
    Reminds me SWTOR and their Cartel market focus with short chapter content scheme.

    Summer sales are a thing... it's a notable slow down for most businesses, mine included because ya know we all like a break every now and then... so to try and offset the potential downturn in revenue, we get to have sales and new bits of fluff to tempt us.... nothing out of the ordinary I'm afraid.
    Remember without gem sales and gemstore revenue would likely have a negative impact on getting even things like LS for free.
    Of course on the flipside no one is holding a gun to your head to buy anything you don't want to... you hold the power in your own wallet.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

    @Mass Pandemic.3517 said:

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

    @Mass Pandemic.3517 said:

    @otto.5684 said:

    @DzT.8127 said:
    If i was the owner of ANET i would have seriously fired most of the people. This announcement was a joke really. Hey we announcing a LW5 that we allready announced weeks ago.

    More like since March. I really do not understand Anet. Do they really think people care that much about the story? If I rate content in GW2 in terms of quality:

    Open world PvE + great combat system
    PvP
    Instanced PvE
    Story

    Story is the GW2 weakest content.

    Open world is some what tied to story, but story does not carry it. And open world quality too a nose dive with PoF. LWS4 had some improvement, but it is far from what it used to be.

    I think you underestimate how many people play this game solely for the story , i'm not one of these people, but a lot of people are heavily invested into guild wars lore/story. Arenanet has all kinds of data on how people play, if it wasn't that popular or desired they wouldn't be focusing on it as much and if pvp was most of the community's focus like any good business they would do what they would believe would net the most income for them. Why do you think the game is very casual friendly in a lot of it's design?

    Oh I agree... LS is there go to moneypit for sure and to me that is fine, I enjoy it quite alot and consider the story writing to be top notch and made all the more richer by the quality music, VA and art.
    But GW2 needs more than LS. Gemstore and grindfest mechanics will only last for so long before even the most diehard of players grow tired of it all and imo I Think we may be reached, if not over reached that point already.
    Servers have lost their identity, competitive gameplay feels like it is on life spport and the whole ebb and flow of the game has been reduced to trickle of it's former greatness. Aside from a few hours of new predominantly single player content every 3 or 4 months the biggest features of release are new skins in the gemstore.
    The game needed this announcement to push new or at least reignite old passions for investing in GW2... for me it failed to either.
    Sure the new LS sounds intriguing and fun, I expect nothing less but the game as a whole needed this to offer more, much more imo but it didn't so it is no sprise to that many players are asking... what was the point of yesterday, what was there that they couldn't of done on a live stream back at HQ considering it was mostly old news with a small piece of new talking points that clearly aren't even close to being in a state of readiness to talk about in any detail. Heck if strike forces are the next big thing to co.e out of their flagship content then it absolutely should of been given much more air time than it got and it should of been at a point there was actually somethi g to show and talk about, but it wasn't imo.

    Trust me i agree , i wast expecting an expansion announcement, but at least if one was coming at some point or if they were stopping them for whatever reason. I hate to be overly dramatic , but it seems to be gw2 is on it's last legs so to speak. Which is very sad , because it's possible for games to be very successful for much longer (WOW is a perfect example of this). I want to wait to pass full judgement until the ice brood saga at least gets a full episode, but i can't say i'm very excited for the future because they haven't given me a reason to be. The announcement unfortunately was exactly what i was thinking was going to happen, but was hoping they had something more surprising and substantial. For the people who are generally excited about this whole thing, i'm very happy for them , i wish i could be as happy as well, it just doesn't seem to me at least that the game is in a healthy place and the announcement just seemed like a desperate attempt to make us believe otherwise. I am curious though, if we get just a prologue on the 17th how much longer do we have to wait for the offical episode , because i heard them say in the coming "months" which depending on the size of the prologue could be one of the worse droughts gw2 has had in a long time.

    Well I wasn't expecting any announcement of an expansion as I think that preverberal pact ship has already sailed into the four winds. I was however hoping to hear about some of this expansion type content we can expect to see within the LS seasons.... errrmm saga.
    Sadly that didn't materialise and as much as I really enjoy LS it is nothing more than a few hours of solo content followed by lengthy repetitive grindfests and more currencies we can shake a stick at.
    I too am beginning to feel there is a distinct lack of any long term plan beyond this next season and it's now all about pushing as much microtransaction stuff out to the players as possible and the live event did nothing more than to reinforce that tbh imo.
    As for SWTOR I still have a fondness for the game and will definitely keep heading back to it to get my glow stick teddy bear bashing fix. I think they have one of the best player housing systems, cartel points can be earned and rewarded to us... heck I still get monthly coins without logging in just for having my authenticator linked.
    Crafting in SWTOR is easy and in no way forced on you as is buying things like decorations from either the player galactic market or for reasonable price of cartel coin microtransactions... or run the content and get them as rewards.
    The story isn't bad either, not as good as GW2 imo but still pretty good and Bioware are not afraid to actually put things like roadmaps and discussion out there. The one thing that does make me snigger is the gear grind every update or three but that does give us something to aim for rather than impossible odds RNG systems for infusions and fashion wars.
    Meeeh just my take on things I guess and after 3hrs of jet washing I'm maybe feeling tired and nigly:)

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • I saw it somewhere, and I'll repeat it.
    This is the biggest example of "I'm not mad, just disappointed" that I felt. I think most of the community did. Before I voice my opinion on it, I'll say how I felt about it before the actual thing happened and explain why... If that makes sense.
    When the announcement was made, I was doubtful but even then, as a fan of the game, even I couldn't contain that tiny part of me being excited. Then the circus started. I call it that now because the way it was concluded makes me think of a bad joke.
    We got mysterious massages, countdown with revealing pictures, we got new ingame ominous stuff. It all was amazing, next to the announcement? Holy kitten! Something amazing must be coming right?
    Now after all this, what was I thinking? Well, you see... I'm a bit starved with "toys" to play. We all want new stuff to play with. I mean new specs or new something. Meaning I thought they would mention something of that sort. Even a tease. I understood it was a living world announcement, but how big it all was? With the ingame content, the hype on the site and the counter AND the guild chat hype on the anniversary stream? Then the fact they made it a real-life event! Holy moly something had to be upright?
    So what did I get?
    Recap of past stuff and rehash of old information. I know it's silly to quote people like that, but as WP said, I hoped for at least a tease a promise that they are working on something ANYTHING in regards to that. Sadly, that's not the case. We literally got the same info with a tiny bit of new things here and there.
    Anet fell into its own hype trap. This could've been part of the anniversary guild chat. This could be an AMA on Reddit or whatever. This could be anything else but this.
    Am I unhappy that we'll get a new world SAGA or whatever? Of course not. It's always nice to move the story forward. But am I disappointed that I got baited into false hope? Yes. I am both disappointed by being baited into it and on the event and reveal itself.
    Like I stated before, I was doubtful but the amount of hype anet put out made me rekindle that flame of hope inside me, that maybe it'll be worth it. Only to assure me that it was a mistake and any future thing I will care even less from now on. I don't think anet wants to make more cynical players as it is, but sadly? I can't feel like anything but cynical towards all this.
    I'm also sad that the hard work that people put into this content release will be diminished by the flawed marketing decision that this announcement was. There's just so much small things piling up about this that make it such a pathetic thing to experience. For us, the players. For devs and for everyone else involved. Players got disappointed, devs work will not be fully appreciated by the community and speaking of community, another big ripple appeared that tore it's into two halves. People who will defend this and people who will attack this event.
    Even if you think this event, on its basic level, was not that bad, you have to understand how much "meta" dmg it did to the game, to anet, and to the community.
    The question is simple. Was it worth it? Personally I think not.

  • @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:
    People are expecting too much especially considering the shafting of things is pretty recent (especially since it hasn't even been a year since that shafting).

    I cannot deny that perhaps in comparison to what they could have done previously, this felt a tad bit too small, but I can't deny the fact that, from a development standpoint, there's only so much they can do with the resource they have available to them.

    I'm surprised they even got anything out at this stage.

    I was expecting to watch an event about gw2, the future and its content, not about merch. What should ppl that flew or drove to watch that should feel when you sell them merch?

    I mean given the amount of red lights on what's going on with GW2 right now, you'd think people would be aware of what's happening with GW2 and ANet as of current.

    Honestly, I didn't even watch the livestream of the event because this was exactly what I expected from them. Either way, people expected way too much from a dev team that got a huge shafting very recently.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The announcement, overall, was pretty much as expected. Rather blah.

  • Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

    Probably reaching that point where I don't have to bother logging in because there won't be anymore fights in WvW.

    All is vain.

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    I am looking forward to gradually evolving map content and accessibility again. I really much liked that with Dry Top and the Silverwastes.
    "Strike Missions" sound like a mix of Shatterer/Triple Trouble Wurm + PoF Bounty mechanics as the new "map meta"?
    Not hearing anything about WvW alliances was a bit disappointing, but I did not really expect it anyway.

  • I'm really disappointed. I've played the game since beta for dungeons, fotm, raids, wvwvw, and spvp. I didn't hear anything about new content in those modes.
    I play living story but story is not why I play MMOs. It's not repeatable and not challenging content for groups to clear. I quit my raid static after hearing the news and will stop playing GW2 unless/until I start seeing more challenging content that I enjoy.

  • Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, season 5 is not season 5 but we call them sagas now which is a way of not transparently saying sagas will replace the word expansion and if they are successfull will become payable DLC sagas.
    I'm only interested in one thing from now on since we can't get a straight answer from Anet it's free content, I only want the story. No money no support no dailies no nothing. :/

  • Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:
    People are expecting too much especially considering the shafting of things is pretty recent (especially since it hasn't even been a year since that shafting).

    I cannot deny that perhaps in comparison to what they could have done previously, this felt a tad bit too small, but I can't deny the fact that, from a development standpoint, there's only so much they can do with the resource they have available to them.

    I'm surprised they even got anything out at this stage.

    I was expecting to watch an event about gw2, the future and its content, not about merch. What should ppl that flew or drove to watch that should feel when you sell them merch?

    I mean given the amount of red lights on what's going on with GW2 right now, you'd think people would be aware of what's happening with GW2 and ANet as of current.

    Honestly, I didn't even watch the livestream of the event because this was exactly what I expected from them. Either way, people expected way too much from a dev team that got a huge shafting very recently.

    I think a lot of us were expecting them to hint at proposed solutions to the problems people voice. Especially when they stated they had a renewed focus on the game.

    I wasn't upset that they didn't reveal a bunch of new instanced party content but I am upset that they didn't mention it at all.

    They didn't have to showcase half a dozen new dungeons, but simply saying "we're bringing back dungeons with new locations and revamps to existing ones" would have blown people away. Even just saying "we have X amount of new fractals and new rewards in the works" would have been enough.

    I have a feeling the general idea was we thought getting more LW instead of another expansion meant we'd be instead getting a more diffused improvement of the game but all we know for sure is we're getting fake raids and more LW content.

    If you were someone who struggled to log in during season 4, that presentation was a giant sign that read "Maybe come back in 10 to 12 months".

    And that goes for pvp/wvw people as much as the pve folks.

  • @attachi.1792 said:
    Did you noticed A-net increased their gem-store production last mounths? Brand new stuff every week + sales for some of the old goods. Gold price for 400 gems rised to the 170+ gold and won't drop. Looks like another way to get more money plus sink ingame gold from the player's pockets.
    Reminds me SWTOR and their Cartel market focus with short chapter content scheme.

    No one forces you to buy gems.

    Don't mined me. I'm just here for the ore.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @attachi.1792 said:
    Did you noticed A-net increased their gem-store production last mounths? Brand new stuff every week + sales for some of the old goods. Gold price for 400 gems rised to the 170+ gold and won't drop. Looks like another way to get more money plus sink ingame gold from the player's pockets.
    Reminds me SWTOR and their Cartel market focus with short chapter content scheme.

    Edit
    Already answered before please delete.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    I'm only interested in one thing from now on since we can't get a straight answer from Anet it's free content

    It was made clear during the live preview that LWS5 will be free to play just like previous LW seasons, regardless of what it is called now.

    @attachi.1792 said:
    Did you noticed A-net increased their gem-store production last mounths?

    Yes, it's called Anniversary Sales. ;)

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dragon Priestess.9760 said:
    Some of the people in Anet (cough) seem to think we are after them.

    We are NOT after you. It's NOT you that we are upset at.

    We're upset at the bad advertisement choices used yesterday, the deceptive marketing and the lack of a clear roadmap for the future.

    We are scared that the game we love is slowly fizzling out, we don't know what we have to be excited for, to show us that this game is still going strong.

    I've only been here since last Halloween, but I've spent several hundred dollars on living world episodes, and the gemstore - because I love the game and want to support it. But now I'm too nervous, I'm afraid there's something going on that we don't know about. So I will be holding my money until we get some clarity. I don't want to spend money if this game is going to be gone next year.

    Considering se5 is supposed to have expac like stuff and this being a lw centric event i was expecting at least a tease of such stuff like elite specs. I was also looking for any talk on cadence which was by far the biggest weakness of se4. We got none, while everything non lw seems to be in the bacj burner and the concept of another expansion is all but dropped at this point.

    At least thats what it feel like.

  • Simzani.4318Simzani.4318 Member ✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    We saw that nothing changed before and after the lay off, the output and productivity of the studio is still shameful. What so many feared is happening : nothing interesting is being worked on and we will just have a tiny bit of a mediocre story each 4 months, as usual. It's just in these forums, the last white citadel, that some claim they are happy with arenanet's work. Every other medium is full of players uninstalling. Let me mention the lie about www restructuring, wich began in 2015 and arenanet said they were already working on it since 1 year. To 2014->2019, nothing. I don't thanks anet for their always lazy work, and it's mind blowing that losing 1/3 of your colleagues doesn't even act as a reality check.

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think I got the aim of Season 5. It's too cover several different environments/maps and explore their lores regarding differents races. Obviously the path is all the north of the world map from right to left: Charrs homelands, Shiverpeaks with kodans and norns to end to Woodlands cascades with centaurs.
    The trailer show that during each transition, at the start we have the shiverpeaks and a burning charr/ascalonian city then Kodans and a giant lake still shiverpeaks.
    After that centaurs to end with lion's guard ships sinking (I suppose here, it's the Sea at the south of Janthir Isles)

    Here is the road for me: Charr homelands -> Far Shiverpeaks -> Woodlands cascade -> Bay of Janthir
    (No asura, but maybe they keep them for the end, no much areas left: Maguuma wastes, Scavenger's causeway.....)

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @CherryWolf.2768 said:
    I'm also sad that the hard work that people put into this content release will be diminished by the flawed marketing decision that this announcement was.

    This is a wonderful summary of why people are miffed. It's not the content that is being criticized by most but the lack of an in-depth presentation thereof. (And yes, the unanswered questions, I agree, but that would really have been the cherry on top of the episode preview.)

    I don't get the whole "doom & gloom" attitude over yesterday's fiasco, though. Some reactions are totally out of line. Frustration is okay (and probably justified), but threatening to quit over this really is a bit of a harsh reaction, and saying that the devs don't care is far-fetched. Who knows whose decision it was to keep the whole thing as brief as possible. I doubt that the people who put their hard work into it made that decision.

    That's just it.. the disappointment derives from the fact there wasn't anything to talk around because there was nothing obviously anywhere near ready to discuss with the community.
    Keeping tight lipped and having us on tender hooks is one thing, but blatantly putting out the notion there was some big announcement with a double than normal promo to anything they have done previous in a live theatre people had to get to just to be bombarded with a merchandising fiasco for over half the time.. nah I can defo understand there is some genuine angst amongst the players.
    The announcement was about LW.. that much we knew before hand, we also knew that was the focus and that it would be coming (soon) months ago and yes most of us likely guessed where it was heading after the logo change a month back, but then the 48hr timer followed by.. well not much, a few sound bytes about stuff we already knew and some titbits about the direction of the story. Everything else is just glossed over in seconds, with perhaps the exception of a little bit about Strike missions but that was so vague leading me to think they don't even really know how they are going to work, how they are going to fit in and whether we the players want it, making it sound more and more like a twist on bounties.
    There just wasn't anything solid to get our claws in, what is this expansion type content we can expect, heck we are only going to be getting a short prologue with no idea when we can expect even Part 1.
    Nah it looked pretty cheap, pretty scrambled together last minute content bytes and a whole lot of merchandising moneymaker stuff.
    We each can take away our own thoughts and opinions on the event for sure, but I am of the mind there is one heck of a lot of the community left wondering what just went down. It is said there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I am not so sure now if I am honest.

    At least the LS itself looks and sounds intriguing, I just hope this wasn't a pre-cursor into switching LS into a payable DLC to replace expacs in the not to distant future as to me there was an early impetus into highlighting all we got previous from LS for free, but no tangible detail for the future of the LS or the game.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I really think they should have put the "questions and answers" instead of the merchandise showcase, every day when we log-in we have those tabs with the merchandises to need to put it in a theater... just a blog post. Plus the trailer was diffused two times, at the start and the end, so more minutes lost. It would have been really interesting to answers the questions showing you care about the community. Also some cringe moments with all the cosplays and interventions between cinematics.
    The lake creature shown doesn't even look like drakkar if it was it. I know they can't spoil the whole thing, but each time they are a Q&A it's answered with vague responses. I want to continue playing, but know nothing about the future.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Playing the pity game wont save you and your game in a long run. You can cry all you want on twitter, it's obvious you don't understand your player at all. You don't even want to step back a bit and look at it from our perspective as the customer, instead you choose the me vs you game.
    No I am not being entitled. And no, i don't want to play your me vs you game
    Looking at what anet does to the game WE LOVE this past few years is like looking at your parents grow old and descend into madness at the same time. It's a sad thing to witness.
    We are trying to help you, Yes the words that coming are harsh. But behind all that, the questions are simple. Where is the product you promised? Is this game going somewhere or we are done with that and you guys would rather focus on monetizing everything.
    Simple.
    We want answers so we can decide what to do. Leave or stay.
    18 MONTHS you guys. That's a whole lot of months of patience coming from your players. And you said we are the one who is being negative all this time? Look we are still here HOPING until the last minute. You are the one who make that grand countdown. We were there with you and yet you deliver nothing except some lore.

    Was that it? Does the countdown is a kind of symbolic thing you are doing to tell the players that the fun mechanic aspect of the game is over? You will only focus on lore and gemstore now? Tell us. Say something.

  • DoRi Silvia.4159DoRi Silvia.4159 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    The thing is, I was utterly disappointed and said to my self time to move on to another game and less Guild Wars 2
    Well for the past 2 days I have been searching and playing new MMO's and nothing quite cuts the cake for me.
    Classic wow lasted 5 minutes for me as I could not stand the boring combat system, BDO was fun but the grind and visuals got too much for me, BnS ... lets not go there and ESO was just not my taste

    In the end although I was huffing and puffing away that I didn't want to play GW2 anymore, no games out there filled my boots and I ended up playing GW2 today.
    I guess im here through thick n thin with you guys now

    All I wish from the devs is just some transparency , let us know what is going on more often

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    We have to remember. This is our game. Not arena net's, not the fans. All of ours. Collectively. We influences the game and our hands might not be as direct in the process of constructing the world, but that doesn't mean it is any less ours.

    Don't abuse our trust arena net. Which is exactly that this announcement was. An abuse of our trust. We wont be fooled for much longer. If you want it to be your game, it can be your game. But we wont be here if that's the decision you make.

  • I have mixed feelings about the Announcement. Considering the long period of silence and the long wait for the announced announcement on August 30 I would have expected more to come out of it.
    I'm still excited about the new Living World Saga and I incredibly happy that we're getting a new map that will change over time. That has been something very important to me and I'm glad to see that coming and I hope we'll see more of that instead of more dead maps. I'm curious to see how the story writing will change because I haven't enjoyed that too much lately although the latest chapter got a lot better already.

    One thing that surprised me was the Strike missions or whatever they were called, I hope they turn out well and have some interesting rewards that also encourage replayability because those missions seem very exciting to me and I hope the community won't ruin that like they did with raids.

    What I disliked the most was the complete lack of any information regarding WvW. They've posted information on the forum since but considering the fact that they made an announcement like that I would've loved to hear about an Update and current state of the Alliance Update (Still haven't heard anything about that since... 10 Months I think).

    Overall I'm excited about the next part of the story and the build templates but if they don't start to invest more time and effort into WvW I'm afraid the excitement will burn down rather quickly once I'm done with the story and Achievements.

    Hoping for better communication from the team in the future!

    As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

    Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

  • I think it is pretty clear the game is in survival mode. I understand what they are doing and I think the decision to hype it up with an unjustified theatre presentation came from higher up (ncsoft).

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @attachi.1792 said:

    @Starbridge.7926 said:

    @attachi.1792 said:
    Did you noticed A-net increased their gem-store production last mounths? Brand new stuff every week + sales for some of the old goods. Gold price for 400 gems rised to the 170+ gold and won't drop. Looks like another way to get more money plus sink ingame gold from the player's pockets.
    Reminds me SWTOR and their Cartel market focus with short chapter content scheme.

    No one forces you to buy gems.

    Yerar 2019, there is still the people who believe in this (or maybe - only maybe they are just "not too smart"). No one "forcing" you - good answer for a court session, but nothing with real state of affairs. Companies want you to buy it, because this is how they making money, in this case they have more subtle approach how to make you buy it. Limited inventory, bank, character slots, exclusive hair cuts, colors, faces, alot of other account upgrades. Weapon/armor skins which is mutch better than thouse we have in game. Usually gem store skins and outfits littlerally hase mutch more pixels and better textures - "coinsidence, that's all".
    But yes, alot of hyporcitical fanboys will tell you this is 100% optional stuff, doesen't need in game, nobody forcing you (you know, korean pay to win games doesen't forcing you too, and thats true, if you insist on "forcing" term).
    But I'm OK with it, I understand they need a money and I'm good with my ingame gold I can trade for games, BUT I telling you about gem store stuff increase in production and reduction of actual game stuff people talking so mutch about here. Only 3 new LS episodes called "saga", and thats all, no big expantion like features like mount system, glider, elite specs etc. I'm afraid this is their new policy and buisness model - SWTOR like.

    PS: as for "auguast sales", don't be fools, there is nothing with it, this situation appeard exactly after N-softs's employee dismissal events. New goods and discounts every week. August sales only increased gems'es price for a little more.

    But of course we should wait for a whole LS 5 season and their next announces. If they'll give us another LS 6 season with different name - "saga", "legend", "adventure", "rat's run" or any other stupin name in a feeble attempt to disguise old content, all will be clear about future of the game.
    In current state there is still a little hope for a big expantion in the far future.
    And sorry for my english, I'm shure everyone who want it understand me, others just hypocritical posers. Just reminds you there is 3 official languages and alot of "non official" because of people from the whole world playing this game.

    The end resut still comes down to the fact.. we, you, I control the opening of the purse strings, no one else.
    GW2 is a B2P game it is not a P2W game, there is nothing in the gemstore that you have to have, need to have only that which we choose to have. So it matters not how subtle they may be in enticing players to part with money, it is ultimately the player who gets to make that decision.
    However, we must remember GW2 is a product just like lego sets, etcha sketch and motor cars - all nice to have but not in any way something we all need, but ANET is a business and like all businesses it must make money to carry on being a business so there will always be carrots to dangle in our faces and there is nothing wrong with that no matter if it be constant new fluff, flash sales or anniversary offerings.
    The troubling thing to me is that perhaps the game is now at the stage where it has become soley reliant on our good will each month to be able to release anything other than piece meal, small bite content going forward and in my experience there are just too many variables that can affect that kind of business plan to be able to forecast and budget accurately enough long term.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

    Have you noticed all the random posts recently being put in to push topics like these down?

    Dilly Dilly

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019

    @Acheron.4731 said:
    Have you noticed all the random posts recently being put in to push topics like these down?

    Actually there was an interesting topic raised a whiles ago about other infamous very active threads being seemingly pulled down the viewing strip.. I remember not agreeing that any kind of thread suppression was going on then it became a little more questionable when players including myself were still posting into the threads and seeing it get pushed down more and more when it should of being, at the least, staying relatively close to most active part of page 1.. so I do get a little suspicious nowadays when hot potato topics get raised and it sinks faster than the Hindenburg.
    EDIT - OP if your referencing this particular thread I don't see that happening tbh and hopefully it wont.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • @Substance E.4852 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:
    People are expecting too much especially considering the shafting of things is pretty recent (especially since it hasn't even been a year since that shafting).

    I cannot deny that perhaps in comparison to what they could have done previously, this felt a tad bit too small, but I can't deny the fact that, from a development standpoint, there's only so much they can do with the resource they have available to them.

    I'm surprised they even got anything out at this stage.

    I was expecting to watch an event about gw2, the future and its content, not about merch. What should ppl that flew or drove to watch that should feel when you sell them merch?

    I mean given the amount of red lights on what's going on with GW2 right now, you'd think people would be aware of what's happening with GW2 and ANet as of current.

    Honestly, I didn't even watch the livestream of the event because this was exactly what I expected from them. Either way, people expected way too much from a dev team that got a huge shafting very recently.

    I think a lot of us were expecting them to hint at proposed solutions to the problems people voice. Especially when they stated they had a renewed focus on the game.

    I wasn't upset that they didn't reveal a bunch of new instanced party content but I am upset that they didn't mention it at all.

    They didn't have to showcase half a dozen new dungeons, but simply saying "we're bringing back dungeons with new locations and revamps to existing ones" would have blown people away. Even just saying "we have X amount of new fractals and new rewards in the works" would have been enough.

    I have a feeling the general idea was we thought getting more LW instead of another expansion meant we'd be instead getting a more diffused improvement of the game but all we know for sure is we're getting fake raids and more LW content.

    If you were someone who struggled to log in during season 4, that presentation was a giant sign that read "Maybe come back in 10 to 12 months".

    And that goes for pvp/wvw people as much as the pve folks.

    I won't deny that people expecting a good number of things is definitely gonna happen and ANet made a huge mistake in announcing the next LWS via an event instead of something simple like a stream.

    That said, I still think the red flags were pretty obvious from the get go with the recent things happening in GW2. I support this game wholeheartedly but when red flags show, I think it's better to simply lower the expectations for the moment. And them not mentioning other things despite the fact that they were mentioned in the past and were told that they were working on it is definitely a wrong move by ANet.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @Substance E.4852 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:
    People are expecting too much especially considering the shafting of things is pretty recent (especially since it hasn't even been a year since that shafting).

    I cannot deny that perhaps in comparison to what they could have done previously, this felt a tad bit too small, but I can't deny the fact that, from a development standpoint, there's only so much they can do with the resource they have available to them.

    I'm surprised they even got anything out at this stage.

    I was expecting to watch an event about gw2, the future and its content, not about merch. What should ppl that flew or drove to watch that should feel when you sell them merch?

    I mean given the amount of red lights on what's going on with GW2 right now, you'd think people would be aware of what's happening with GW2 and ANet as of current.

    Honestly, I didn't even watch the livestream of the event because this was exactly what I expected from them. Either way, people expected way too much from a dev team that got a huge shafting very recently.

    I think a lot of us were expecting them to hint at proposed solutions to the problems people voice. Especially when they stated they had a renewed focus on the game.

    I wasn't upset that they didn't reveal a bunch of new instanced party content but I am upset that they didn't mention it at all.

    They didn't have to showcase half a dozen new dungeons, but simply saying "we're bringing back dungeons with new locations and revamps to existing ones" would have blown people away. Even just saying "we have X amount of new fractals and new rewards in the works" would have been enough.

    I have a feeling the general idea was we thought getting more LW instead of another expansion meant we'd be instead getting a more diffused improvement of the game but all we know for sure is we're getting fake raids and more LW content.

    If you were someone who struggled to log in during season 4, that presentation was a giant sign that read "Maybe come back in 10 to 12 months".

    And that goes for pvp/wvw people as much as the pve folks.

    I won't deny that people expecting a good number of things is definitely gonna happen and ANet made a huge mistake in announcing the next LWS via an event instead of something simple like a stream.

    That said, I still think the red flags were pretty obvious from the get go with the recent things happening in GW2. I support this game wholeheartedly but when red flags show, I think it's better to simply lower the expectations for the moment. And them not mentioning other things despite the fact that they were mentioned in the past and were told that they were working on it is definitely a wrong move by ANet.

    I think its a bad thing if theres a flag to go in not expecting some kind of reasurance.

    Ofc some things wouldnt be mentioned like rqods or fractals but considering this event was supposed to be for new players mention of the expansion stuff in lw would be good enough. Ideally if you wanted to draw in players a mention of an expansion being worked one would too be great because then new ppl know theres a future.

    Now if a new player sees the announcement and then decides to check reddit its more likely that they will lose interest in the game.

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @Substance E.4852 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:
    People are expecting too much especially considering the shafting of things is pretty recent (especially since it hasn't even been a year since that shafting).

    I cannot deny that perhaps in comparison to what they could have done previously, this felt a tad bit too small, but I can't deny the fact that, from a development standpoint, there's only so much they can do with the resource they have available to them.

    I'm surprised they even got anything out at this stage.

    I was expecting to watch an event about gw2, the future and its content, not about merch. What should ppl that flew or drove to watch that should feel when you sell them merch?

    I mean given the amount of red lights on what's going on with GW2 right now, you'd think people would be aware of what's happening with GW2 and ANet as of current.

    Honestly, I didn't even watch the livestream of the event because this was exactly what I expected from them. Either way, people expected way too much from a dev team that got a huge shafting very recently.

    I think a lot of us were expecting them to hint at proposed solutions to the problems people voice. Especially when they stated they had a renewed focus on the game.

    I wasn't upset that they didn't reveal a bunch of new instanced party content but I am upset that they didn't mention it at all.

    They didn't have to showcase half a dozen new dungeons, but simply saying "we're bringing back dungeons with new locations and revamps to existing ones" would have blown people away. Even just saying "we have X amount of new fractals and new rewards in the works" would have been enough.

    I have a feeling the general idea was we thought getting more LW instead of another expansion meant we'd be instead getting a more diffused improvement of the game but all we know for sure is we're getting fake raids and more LW content.

    If you were someone who struggled to log in during season 4, that presentation was a giant sign that read "Maybe come back in 10 to 12 months".

    And that goes for pvp/wvw people as much as the pve folks.

    I won't deny that people expecting a good number of things is definitely gonna happen and ANet made a huge mistake in announcing the next LWS via an event instead of something simple like a stream.

    That said, I still think the red flags were pretty obvious from the get go with the recent things happening in GW2. I support this game wholeheartedly but when red flags show, I think it's better to simply lower the expectations for the moment. And them not mentioning other things despite the fact that they were mentioned in the past and were told that they were working on it is definitely a wrong move by ANet.

    I think its a bad thing if theres a flag to go in not expecting some kind of reasurance.

    Ofc some things wouldnt be mentioned like rqods or fractals but considering this event was supposed to be for new players mention of the expansion stuff in lw would be good enough. Ideally if you wanted to draw in players a mention of an expansion being worked one would too be great because then new ppl know theres a future.

    Now if a new player sees the announcement and then decides to check reddit its more likely that they will lose interest in the game.

    TBH Reddit is the last place on earth I would look to steer prospective new/returning players to in order to give them an informed opinion abut the game.

    EDIT - or anything for that matter.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • NobodyCaresAboutMe.7604NobodyCaresAboutMe.7604 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

    I liked the announcement and the changes that are coming.
    I don't know why so many people are whining around and gonna keep play and enjoy the game anyway.
    The game community is big so its hard to satisfy everyone with every little caprice and concern its not possible and its not a kindergarden to do. I think when you like/love something deep inside you doesn't matter what exactly, you crave for more and you like it the way it is you don't want to change it or want it to be different if you like the game look it up that way cause being negative and criticizing doesn't make anything any better if you want a change start with your attitude and acceptance. And things like "another dragon fire, ice same things always same"?! Yes this is what guild wars is, and always has been and this is why most people like it for the story the dragons its all about it. And I wan't to include that in mostly any game I haven't seen the option for changing gold for gems and vice versa + now the people who recently bought HOT are getting eligable for refund their money and more so do we have to even discuss if ArenaNet care about their community well thats my opinion thank you ArenaNet love you!

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @Substance E.4852 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:
    People are expecting too much especially considering the shafting of things is pretty recent (especially since it hasn't even been a year since that shafting).

    I cannot deny that perhaps in comparison to what they could have done previously, this felt a tad bit too small, but I can't deny the fact that, from a development standpoint, there's only so much they can do with the resource they have available to them.

    I'm surprised they even got anything out at this stage.

    I was expecting to watch an event about gw2, the future and its content, not about merch. What should ppl that flew or drove to watch that should feel when you sell them merch?

    I mean given the amount of red lights on what's going on with GW2 right now, you'd think people would be aware of what's happening with GW2 and ANet as of current.

    Honestly, I didn't even watch the livestream of the event because this was exactly what I expected from them. Either way, people expected way too much from a dev team that got a huge shafting very recently.

    I think a lot of us were expecting them to hint at proposed solutions to the problems people voice. Especially when they stated they had a renewed focus on the game.

    I wasn't upset that they didn't reveal a bunch of new instanced party content but I am upset that they didn't mention it at all.

    They didn't have to showcase half a dozen new dungeons, but simply saying "we're bringing back dungeons with new locations and revamps to existing ones" would have blown people away. Even just saying "we have X amount of new fractals and new rewards in the works" would have been enough.

    I have a feeling the general idea was we thought getting more LW instead of another expansion meant we'd be instead getting a more diffused improvement of the game but all we know for sure is we're getting fake raids and more LW content.

    If you were someone who struggled to log in during season 4, that presentation was a giant sign that read "Maybe come back in 10 to 12 months".

    And that goes for pvp/wvw people as much as the pve folks.

    I won't deny that people expecting a good number of things is definitely gonna happen and ANet made a huge mistake in announcing the next LWS via an event instead of something simple like a stream.

    That said, I still think the red flags were pretty obvious from the get go with the recent things happening in GW2. I support this game wholeheartedly but when red flags show, I think it's better to simply lower the expectations for the moment. And them not mentioning other things despite the fact that they were mentioned in the past and were told that they were working on it is definitely a wrong move by ANet.

    I think its a bad thing if theres a flag to go in not expecting some kind of reasurance.

    Ofc some things wouldnt be mentioned like rqods or fractals but considering this event was supposed to be for new players mention of the expansion stuff in lw would be good enough. Ideally if you wanted to draw in players a mention of an expansion being worked one would too be great because then new ppl know theres a future.

    Now if a new player sees the announcement and then decides to check reddit its more likely that they will lose interest in the game.

    TBH Reddit is the last place on earth I would look to steer prospective new/returning players to in order to give them an informed opinion abut the game.

    EDIT - or anything for that matter.

    Depends on the company running the game and the state of the game, if you go right now to PoE reddit you will see a msg from the ceo making abjustments to incomming changes based on feedback and being open about it.

    Hell you will even see that on the gw2 reddit LUL. It gives confidense on the game and the devs behind it.

  • Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

    Not only PvE player paid for the game. There was no point in kitten on PvP/WvW player.

  • @CherryWolf.2768 said:
    I saw it somewhere, and I'll repeat it.
    This is the biggest example of "I'm not mad, just disappointed" that I felt. I think most of the community did. Before I voice my opinion on it, I'll say how I felt about it before the actual thing happened and explain why... If that makes sense.
    When the announcement was made, I was doubtful but even then, as a fan of the game, even I couldn't contain that tiny part of me being excited. Then the circus started. I call it that now because the way it was concluded makes me think of a bad joke.
    We got mysterious massages, countdown with revealing pictures, we got new ingame ominous stuff. It all was amazing, next to the announcement? Holy kitten! Something amazing must be coming right?
    Now after all this, what was I thinking? Well, you see... I'm a bit starved with "toys" to play. We all want new stuff to play with. I mean new specs or new something. Meaning I thought they would mention something of that sort. Even a tease. I understood it was a living world announcement, but how big it all was? With the ingame content, the hype on the site and the counter AND the guild chat hype on the anniversary stream? Then the fact they made it a real-life event! Holy moly something had to be upright?
    So what did I get?
    Recap of past stuff and rehash of old information. I know it's silly to quote people like that, but as WP said, I hoped for at least a tease a promise that they are working on something ANYTHING in regards to that. Sadly, that's not the case. We literally got the same info with a tiny bit of new things here and there.
    Anet fell into its own hype trap. This could've been part of the anniversary guild chat. This could be an AMA on Reddit or whatever. This could be anything else but this.
    Am I unhappy that we'll get a new world SAGA or whatever? Of course not. It's always nice to move the story forward. But am I disappointed that I got baited into false hope? Yes. I am both disappointed by being baited into it and on the event and reveal itself.
    Like I stated before, I was doubtful but the amount of hype anet put out made me rekindle that flame of hope inside me, that maybe it'll be worth it. Only to assure me that it was a mistake and any future thing I will care even less from now on. I don't think anet wants to make more cynical players as it is, but sadly? I can't feel like anything but cynical towards all this.
    I'm also sad that the hard work that people put into this content release will be diminished by the flawed marketing decision that this announcement was. There's just so much small things piling up about this that make it such a pathetic thing to experience. For us, the players. For devs and for everyone else involved. Players got disappointed, devs work will not be fully appreciated by the community and speaking of community, another big ripple appeared that tore it's into two halves. People who will defend this and people who will attack this event.
    Even if you think this event, on its basic level, was not that bad, you have to understand how much "meta" dmg it did to the game, to anet, and to the community.
    The question is simple. Was it worth it? Personally I think not.

    This X100. AT the end of the day, it just wasn't worth the live event/hype. I think people defending the event, deep down feel that way, unfortunately it's just pride in admitting being wrong heavily influences people's behavior on the internet.

    sidenote - Also just a small speculation on the trailer, has Rytlock's flame sword always looked like a greatsword? Maybe just the animation used,, I'm hoping for that to be a nod to elite spec for Revs(wishful thinking).

  • @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Since a lot of threads are popping up on the same topic, I'm going to consolidate all these threads here. Please give your feedback respectful, including not being aggressive to other players posting theirs. Thanks for your understanding!

    Pvp / wvw community total disappointed, after days, weeks, month, years of fails we were w8ting for a big bomb, a way foward, somerthing in the right direction, as a "thank u" that we r still with u anet. But again, fail, ... and after all comments in social Media, in this Forums, ... maybe ur last fail. We luv gw... but somehow anet and the competitive lads have a diffrent understanding how the game should look like 🤪

  • I don't care anymore. I got my frustration out. Now I'm just sitting here kinda wondering how tomorrow's going to be when everyone gets back from Labour Day weekend.

    Oh boy.

    Tarnished Coast, North America.
    ♀️ Fashion Wars Lover!

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dragon Priestess.9760 said:
    I don't care anymore. I got my frustration out. Now I'm just sitting here kinda wondering how tomorrow's going to be when everyone gets back from Labour Day weekend.

    Oh boy.

    You think they will even acknowledge this?
    I am concerned they will not.
    Silence is NOT golden in these instances i am afraid. It seems hard to stick to the antiquated idea of 'we will talk when something is ready' when it clearly seems there is very little ready for the immediate future. If "expansion like features" were on the table.....how far off are they at this point? Drudging through ANOTHER living story with no new features AND THEN waiting another 6-9 months for something else? yikes...not good

    Dilly Dilly

  • Xstein.2187Xstein.2187 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't listen to steamers, but I found this reaction video that summed up my opinions pretty nicely.
    Didn't see it posted here yet.

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

    Lol, the reaction somewhere around 37:25-37:35 pretty much sums it up.

    Dilly Dilly

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Who is that guy?

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:
    Who is that guy?

    A man that was rendered actually genuinely speechless after the presentation :)

    Dilly Dilly

  • Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I suggest Anet give us new Core weapons in LW5.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.