[Merged] Feedback about today's Icebrood Saga announcement - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Merged] Feedback about today's Icebrood Saga announcement

Comments

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

You all forgot that we getting new Strike Mission game feature for novice raiders.

Also Build Template,

and new Meta Boss and maps.

• Kallist.5917Kallist.5917 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Why is it an insult to veterans? not a tall. Look at Wow, they began to give older expansions for free so you dont have buy a zillion expacks to get up to par. Should we whining about that too?

It's entitlement. Someone is getting something that someone else didn't get so they're upset. Where were all of the "I'm disappointed!" threads when the expansions went on sale? Nowhere.

I have a Guildie who JUST bought the expansions 2 nights ago. Tell me. Are they Entitled to be upset that Anet gave no hint to this change? Are they entitled to be upset that they just dropped $120 on content that is now set to be free very soon?

@cptaylor.2670 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:
    That Live stream was a voiced version of the episode announcement page. Wth Anet, you didnt really give us anything new we didnt already expect. The Builds system coming up, and the Strikes. That was pretty much the only real content of the stream. The rest was "Look at what you can buy!"

And how are strikes different than bounties? lmao

Since they 10 man they said, I assume Strike Missions are instanced content unlike Bounties which is just zerged down fights

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

Those have been my predictions:

Very likely:

A trailer for the next LS chapters --- check, we got one. I always like the painterly style trailers, but nothing in it surprised me
    A story "preview" of which major NPC's story will continue (most likely Braham & Rytlock - because I assume much will focus on the "dormant" Jormag) ---- check, exactly those two have been mentioned
    A roadmap to how many chapters we will get --- not addressed; they said they have four teams working on it, but those are not only story teams, but also tech teams, which should synergize

Perhaps:

Vague announcements ("we are working on ...") about skill templates, PvP tournament systems/changes and WvW alliances - check, kind of; Skill templates are in an "alpha" stage (?); Swiss style PvP is at least in "coming soon pipeline"; WvW alliances have not even got a second mention on the follow up question of the host.
    The outlook for the implementation of 500 Jeweler profession and a legendary amulet --- not mentioned
    A new set of Legendary weapons --- not mentioned

Unlikely:

Concrete dates (quarters of the year 2020, 2021) when WvW alliances will be implemented 
    An expansion announcement (because I think Anet is still recovering from the big lay off and their failed other projects that NCSoft cancelled)
    Any announcements about "unlocks" in the gem store, that would enhance professions (like new weapons, skills etc.)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Tsakhi.8124 said:
    ...then get the kitten out...

That's exactly what is going to happen with a lot of people now.

Dont feed him

@Angus.5961 said:
    The HoT expansion is like 4 years old.
    As games age, they get cheaper. Other MMOs do the same thing, it should not be a surprise to anyone.

I have no problem with that. Just feel the rewards for people that purchased both HoT and PoF should be a bit more rewarding, like an extra build template slot or something. idk. But that new glider better be top of the line.

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MetalGirl.2370 said:
    I wish it was a joke. I already said in another thread.. but i will repeat it anyway
    They spit in the face of vets who paid 60 euros for exp and now they gave it for free... I bet it's cuz they see game is lacking in players big time so they wanna give them it so they'd stay and play.... but that's just gonna make vets mad and leave, utter disrespect...

~snip~

You do know this is the exact same thing that ESO does don't you? Not necessarily for all previous expansions but they have done it with some...it came out 4 years ago, it's old now, it's also the same thing they did with the base game when they released HoT so if you didn't see them doing this eventually with a PoF bundle then it's possible you don't know the game or company as well as you think. Especially as a veteran you should have surmised that at some point in the future they would just bundle HoT with PoF, as they have done.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

@ScyeRynn.4218 said:
    No UW mounts. No UW anything.

I think they mentioned something about UW content today, though.

Anyway, while the amount of details was underwhelming, the story content to come seems to get very exciting. Lots of GW1 memories, hope it will be as good. :)

If only they'd let us play Koda characters, too... :/

• @Luthan.5236 said:
    I don't know ... they seemed pretty confident for devs of a game that is "almost dead". (And only they now the sales numbers from the gem sales.) And giving away free stuff is normal. I mean ... players now already don't need to buy the core game. They can start for free and just needed to buy 1 expansion to remove the limits on free account. Players that played from the start had to pay for the core game and then for the expansions I guess.

But then again they hat lots more time to spend in the game. New players will have to catch up on lots of things. So ... old player could just have waited. But then they would have lost time.

Gem store stuff probably gives a decent sum for them. I mean living stories are basically free if you log during release. So that's why they probably aren't in a rush with other content. Requires too much work. Who knows, this game could basically be on life support without anyone knowing it just so they can get more money for as long as they can with minimal investment.

edited August 30, 2019

@Mthe mystery.4615 said:

@Razorsharp Blade.9283 said:
    Well there goes my last hope for the game, been playing since one of the first betas, and played gw1, and here we are 7 years later having more gemstore content, irl merch and another stale wait 3-5 months for a 1 hour content update living story thing, a year+ delayed WvW alliance update that probs will be delayed, and the game mode is already dead, PvP dead. But hey atleast more stale PvE content! (This is coming from a primarily PvE player). I aint going to WoW but I probs wont continue playing this game for long. So burnt out and bored of this endless timegated LS content and no PvP/WvW content.

My thoughts exactly. I quit 6 months ago, came back to see what the announcement would be and was "SHOCKED" with the gemstore content, merch. But hey, At least PvPs getting a new armor set right? For that 1 pvp fan in the back.

The one PvP fan in the back joke was funny that it should be a GW2Meme now!! lol
    That joke backfired here. lmao

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

Almost exactly what I expected, although it sounds like the story content may be more interesting than I thought. WvW continues to lack any improvement - which is unfortunate, but there were no signs anything was going to change in a hurry, so my expectations there were correct.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Expected: Jormag cult and more icebroods, charrs homelands and kodans
    Unexpected: Charr metal band with new instrument drums maybe they will add half tones...

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Dalec.9853Dalec.9853 Member ✭✭

Don't know what the point was with trying to hype an announcement for more of the same, I guess it helps that I expected nothing.
    It could have all gone into a short news post with the trailer on YouTube, with a separate post for f2p expansion announcement as that doesn't matter to the people playing the game (or at least what the audience for the announcement would have been), we have it already.
    Not sure why they're waiting for the inevitable free to play PoF/Full game, just say you'll give those that bought it a free Black Lion Chest (*Key not included), sure it'll be fine.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@EagleDelta.4726 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:
    I wish it was a joke. I already said in another thread.. but i will repeat it anyway
    They spit in the face of vets who paid 60 euros for exp and now they gave it for free... I bet it's cuz they see game is lacking in players big time so they wanna give them it so they'd stay and play.... but that's just gonna make vets mad and leave, utter disrespect...

Are you saying that EVERY MMO that does this (makes previous Expansions free after the newest one releases) is spitting in their veterans' faces? GW2 is giving us something while most games (WoW, FF14, etc) don't give the "early adopters" anything.

what is it giving us? their usual 3 month content that i do in 2 days ? and build templates after 7 years ? why wait till the game is almost dead before you do what they ask for... majority who asked for it probably dont even play anymore

1) giving old content away as new is introduced isnt spitting in anyone's face.
    2) what would you be saying if build templates werent announced? Complaining?
    3) yes "giving."

Look, I am pretty disappointed with the game myself, but the entitlement and complaining if the compa y does add something specific and complaining if they dont is ridiculous.

That said, I have long since learned to ignore ANet attempts at hype. I honestly do not think that they are adept at managing customer expectations while creating buzz. It is a real skill, something that some companies invest in developing, but not one that ANet seems to be very good at IMO.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:
    Totally underwhelming on every front, I'm glad I wore a red shirt, wish I could have been there to ask the question. This hype was totally unfounded, it was a sad day, and I feel bad for those who wasted their time going there for something that should have been a blog post or mere patch notes.

Yeah, since it was the start to a long weekend and I was ahead in my project with most people home I decided to go home and catch the stream. Wished I had stayed at work, read the blog posts later, and made $$ instead.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• MetalGirl.2370MetalGirl.2370 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@EagleDelta.4726 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

Are you saying that EVERY MMO that does this (makes previous Expansions free after the newest one releases) is spitting in their veterans' faces? GW2 is giving us something while most games (WoW, FF14, etc) don't give the "early adopters" anything.

what is it giving us? their usual 3 month content that i do in 2 days ? and build templates after 7 years ? why wait till the game is almost dead before you do what they ask for... majority who asked for it probably dont even play anymore

1) giving old content away as new is introduced isnt spitting in anyone's face.
    2) what would you be saying if build templates werent announced? Complaining?
    3) yes "giving."

Look, I am pretty disappointed with the game myself, but the entitlement and complaining if the compa y does add something specific and complaining if they dont is ridiculous.

That said, I have long since learned to ignore ANet attempts at hype. I honestly do not think that they are adept at managing customer expectations while creating buzz. It is a real skill, something that some companies invest in developing, but not one that ANet seems to be very good at IMO.

You can look back into my post if you care, which probably you dont, but I never complained about build templates cuz i never expected them anyway, why would i after years of not having them, I just got used to it and played on

STOP TELLING ME I'M NOT FORCED TO DO SOMETHING - I AM AN AP HUNTER SO YES, I HAVE TO DO IT
    ....AND GIVE HAIRSTYLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    A blog post and forum announcement was all that was needed for this.

You overhyped this and of course people are disappointed.

The players saying "You knew what they were gonna announce"......

No, the 1 month wait and countdown caused many to think there would be more.

LOL.

I certainly thought so. I didn't expect an expansion or anything, but I expected more than this, maybe a season that will have expansion like content (like elite specs).

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@cptaylor.2670 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:
    That Live stream was a voiced version of the episode announcement page. Wth Anet, you didnt really give us anything new we didnt already expect. The Builds system coming up, and the Strikes. That was pretty much the only real content of the stream. The rest was "Look at what you can buy!"

And how are strikes different than bounties? lmao

Since they 10 man they said, I assume Strike Missions are instanced content unlike Bounties which is just zerged down fights

Up to 10 scalable and you can bring your guild or queue from a lfr type thing. Those actually sound good, im glad they added them. But they need to think about adding a new raid and new wvw maps. Smaller ,maps that you can queue a team for 20v20 or 10v10

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am lucky to be very hyped!

• @LuSilver.5760 said:
    I put up with another month of game play because of this announcement. Now I am uninstalling the game. kitten this bs. Dead game. kitten delete my account or ban me, it doesn't make any difference. Next time maybe anet will listen.

This may come as a shock to you, but you didn't have to play the game to watch the announcement.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

No reason for an event to show us this kind of content. We didn't have one for all the other living world "sagas". These type of events should be geared towards making people want to play. Only people that this event inspired are people who are fans of Norn and Char. This is a total miss on anets part. They had our attention and they didn't make the most of it. They didn't have to show us things ready for release but they could have went into more of what coming that will change the game in a fundamental way like templates or elaborate more on these new "modes".

For what they shown it did look nice and the content will probably be fun. 90% of my characters I have are Norn. So yes their lore does interest me. But to not really go into the meat and potatoes of anything new but story is a giant miss. They did however throw a bone to pvp but they totally avoided WvW. I had a lot of friends that have been waiting for this event solely for what they would say about WvW. I'm 100% certain that the rage is boiling their blood right now.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Dalec.9853Dalec.9853 Member ✭✭

We know that other games give their old paid content for free sometimes or bundle it up with newer releases, no point trying to hype that up to current players for a month and disappointing the ones left that expected something more that is actually targeted to them (See the disappointment about no new elite specs)
    Some might be a bit annoyed that the expansion they paid full price for back then was only just finally fully delivered by half-expansion Mike in War Eternal (with the last set 2 legendary promised to us in 2015 with the expansion release); i guess it's OK for it to go free now it's fully complete I guess? :)

• I have to say, i’m disappointed. With all the hype I thought there will be some new mechanics introduced to get back into the game. Even if there is no new elite spec i’ll be fine if there is something new and exciting like capes or warship or whatever. That would be cool.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.