Swiss style = arena??

LaFurion.3167

@LaFurion.3167 said:Hello I watched vod but they only very briefly touched on swiss saying it will be tested soon.

Were they talking about the 2v2 arena maps? I hope they were:/. Thanks in advance.

Probably not. Those seem to be an entirely separate thing. Swiss style tournaments is a kind of tournament ladder system, it doesn't have anything to do with a specific kind of PvP mode.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:Hello I watched vod but they only very briefly touched on swiss saying it will be tested soon.

Were they talking about the 2v2 arena maps? I hope they were:/. Thanks in advance.

Probably not. Those seem to be an entirely separate thing. Swiss style tournaments is a kind of tournament ladder system, it doesn't have anything to do with a specific kind of PvP mode.

Hmm but when they mentioned it they showed the arena maps??? I had hope...

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:Could have been coincidence. Newest maps might look better as a showcase image.

I don't think 2v2s will be prominent in the swiss tournament stuff, but hey...you never know. I just don't build up hope or expectations for GW2 anymore. Not enough faith in ANet for that.

2v2 and 1v1 were always running well as community made tournaments, also the one and only special 2v2 AT we had got a lot of participants.