Reaper sucks ass --- whats new?

TheDevice.2751

Another season of Reaper being sub par. Brings worse damage than a scourge. Brings less damage, less survivability and less boon corrupt than a spell breaker.These guys have no clue what to do with this class. Its a shittier version than just about anything else you can play. Then all the non-reaper players come out defending it every season.

Like, you have to be able to not take damage at certain points of a fight for your class to be viable. Its even better if you can not take damage and also deal damage at the same time.

That above defines this games pvp as a whole. If you can just completely deny somebody's big damage at every point, then you're fine. Reapers cant. They have to take shit tons of damage at a certain point. You only get 2 dodges, thats it. Once those are spent just throw roll the dice and see what happens because you can't defend yourself past that point. Meanwhile other classes can disengage and reengage at will, block, go invuln, and literally be immune to everything while dealing damage.

No wonder this game is getting beat by wow classic at this point.

@TheDevice.2751 said:Another season of Reaper being sub par. Brings worse damage than a scourge. Brings less damage, less survivability and less boon corrupt than a spell breaker.These guys have no clue what to do with this class. Its a kitten version than just about anything else you can play. Then all the non-reaper players come out defending it every season.

Like, you have to be able to not take damage at certain points of a fight for your class to be viable. Its even better if you can not take damage and also deal damage at the same time.

That above defines this games pvp as a whole. If you can just completely deny somebody's big damage at every point, then you're fine. Reapers cant. They have to take kitten tons of damage at a certain point. You only get 2 dodges, thats it. Once those are spent just throw roll the dice and see what happens because you can't defend yourself past that point. Meanwhile other classes can disengage and reengage at will, block, go invuln, and literally be immune to everything while dealing damage.

Fear, Chill, CC, Cripple, Rune Of Speed with swiftness. Good reapers are so rare nowadays, it's sad. Obviously if you spec like a glass canon you're gonna die like any other glass canon.

WoW hype is gonna die just like anything that came before. Also GW2 is not remotely comparable to WoW in terms of gameplay or user input. It makes no sense to compare the two even if it's called MMORPG.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Obviously if you spec like a glass canon you're gonna die like any other glass canon.

Blatantly false. Thats why only wars and like mesmers or holos can get away with using zerkers amulet. Reaper can't. Not ever and nobody tries.

Holo is still problematic in someway, but you can avoid giving it stability from Corona Bursts so that it wastes it's utility then you have the win. Also Reaper does have unblockables for that Photon Wall.

Spellbreaker FC is all you need to stow away, they still take the hit therefor if it's a blind, they miss it because they all run Tether.

Mesmers are a disengaging joke, don't even bother chasing them. Get your point, LoS them/Wurm away on burst. Hit as they overextend. Hell you can even stunbreak into your shroud to mitigate damage while they are next to you.

Also by glass canon I mean, traits too. Not just amulet. There's a lot of sustain traits in those builds you speak of here.

@"TheDevice.2751" said:

Obviously if you spec like a glass canon you're gonna die like any other glass canon.

Blatantly false. Thats why only wars and like mesmers or holos can get away with using zerkers amulet. Reaper can't. Not ever and nobody tries.

Assassins... I also use Beserker and Celestial.My Celestial build is Dagger / Dagger and GS tho.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@"TheDevice.2751" said:

Yeah, noone ever is using berserkers amulet on reaper. It's impossible. It can not be done. THE VIDEO I LINKED DOESN'T EXIST!

The core problems with reaper really aren't solvable without major changes. Very low access to stab, inability to heal in shroud, awful weapon abilities that are slow and coreographed (axe 2 and gs2 are really the only good abilities) and building lifeforce is incredibly difficult without sticking yourself in the middle of combat.

Holosmith brings most of what reaper brings, but better. Forge is largely a better version of shroud. Less frontloaded damage, much better cc, easier to keep up, and has stab generation in forge.

An equivalently skilled holosmith will beat any reaper. In groups, it gets even worse as reapers low access to stab and protection, and no invuln means they get bursted easily.

Even with a holo nerf, reaper doesn't get better. The fundamental problems with reaper don't change. The artificial restriction on healing in shroud is absurd and needs removed. Weapons need better lifeforce generation (seriously, i've seen reapers are using staff to generate lifeforce when it has almost no power abilities). I doubt you get better access to stab, but that at least gives a weakness.

I'd honestly don't think there is a meta where reaper can be at the top of without additional access to stab. No matter how many times it gets buffed, it just gets knocked down and killed in any team fight. I don't think thats a problem either, but it is a reason to buff it out of its sorry current state.

@Zephoid.4263 said:The core problems with reaper really aren't solvable without major changes. Very low access to stab, inability to heal in shroud, awful weapon abilities that are slow and coreographed (axe 2 and gs2 are really the only good abilities) and building lifeforce is incredibly difficult without sticking yourself in the middle of combat.

Holosmith brings most of what reaper brings, but better. Forge is largely a better version of shroud. Less frontloaded damage, much better cc, easier to keep up, and has stab generation in forge.

An equivalently skilled holosmith will beat any reaper. In groups, it gets even worse as reapers low access to stab and protection, and no invuln means they get bursted easily.

Even with a holo nerf, reaper doesn't get better. The fundamental problems with reaper don't change. The artificial restriction on healing in shroud is absurd and needs removed. Weapons need better lifeforce generation (seriously, i've seen reapers are using staff to generate lifeforce when it has almost no power abilities). I doubt you get better access to stab, but that at least gives a weakness.

I'd honestly don't think there is a meta where reaper can be at the top of without additional access to stab. No matter how many times it gets buffed, it just gets knocked down and killed in any team fight. I don't think thats a problem either, but it is a reason to buff it out of its sorry current state.

Against the point. There are lots of things ok on reaper while u mentioned the worst 1- gs2 is bad it’s too slow outside of cleave it’s useless. Also holo just isn’t comparable because it’s got everything while reaper is just hide until u do damage. Making it a damage only class therefore comparing to a jack of all trades that wins the 1v1 a mostly invalid comparison. Still think reaper is trash though lol

@"Zephoid.4263" said:The core problems with reaper really aren't solvable without major changes. Very low access to stab

I'd honestly don't think there is a meta where reaper can be at the top of without additional access to stab.

People keep saying this about Reaper..... but 3 stacks lasting 6s, on a 21s cooldown, is actually pretty good access compared to most classes.

That's actually superior to FB elite mantra, which is 1 stack lasting 3s, on 25s CD. Its more than the current meta SpB. More than Herald. More than Weaver. More than Thief.

Its less than SoulB, Holo, and Mirage.

So far from being the worst.

People have these really odd and outdated ideas about classes. Like the idea that core guard has "loads" of access to blind. Or that Mirage has "loads" of evade. If you actually look at the builds...... not really.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Gamble.4580 said:Wurm fear wall spec wall has been useful for over 2 years...

I always see you on Reaper, and you play it well enough to be in the high tiers.

But, because this guy says reaper sucks, I'll assume you are haxor.

/s

Being able to pass through walls and fear ppl at the same time doesn’t make you good. Next time I see you in ranked I’ll report you so u better afk while I’m cleaving.

@TheDevice.2751 said:Another season of Reaper being sub par. Brings worse damage than a scourge. Brings less damage, less survivability and less boon corrupt than a spell breaker.These guys have no clue what to do with this class. Its a kitten version than just about anything else you can play. Then all the non-reaper players come out defending it every season.

That above defines this games pvp as a whole. If you can just completely deny somebody's big damage at every point, then you're fine. Reapers cant. They have to take kitten tons of damage at a certain point. You only get 2 dodges, thats it. Once those are spent just throw roll the dice and see what happens because you can't defend yourself past that point. Meanwhile other classes can disengage and reengage at will, block, go invuln, and literally be immune to everything while dealing damage.

good news now scourge got nerfed so you can play reaper with less worry about it, or bad depending on if you want variety.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"Zephoid.4263" said:The core problems with reaper really aren't solvable without major changes. Very low access to stab

I'd honestly don't think there is a meta where reaper can be at the top of without additional access to stab.

People keep saying this about Reaper..... but 3 stacks lasting 6s, on a 21s cooldown, is actually pretty good access compared to most classes.

That's actually superior to FB elite mantra, which is 1 stack lasting 3s, on 25s CD. Its more than the current meta SpB. More than Herald. More than Weaver. More than Thief.

People have these really odd and outdated ideas about classes. Like the idea that core guard has "loads" of access to blind. Or that Mirage has "loads" of evade. If you actually look at the builds...... not really.

I'm not sure you actually understand what you are trying to reference.FB mantra is 1 stack for 5s and it stun breaks. However, it has 3 casts (so 3 stun breaks), is AoE, and the 3rd charge is 5 stacks for 8s. A LOT better than all of the stab that the entire necro class can bring.

Weaver has Bolstered Elements. The stereotypical 3 stance build is already 5 individual stacks of stab along with 2 stun breaks+evade windows. Still better than reaper.

Thief has tons of evade windows and an invuln elite along with a bunch of stun breaks and stealth. Sure, less stab. But i'd argue DD is more durable due to an absurd quantity of evade windows and a get-out-of-fuckup elite.

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:The core problems with reaper really aren't solvable without major changes. Very low access to stab

I'm not sure you actually understand what you are trying to reference.FB mantra is 1 stack for 5s and it stun breaks. However, it has 3 casts (so 3 stun breaks), is AoE, and the 3rd charge is 5 stacks for 8s. A LOT better than all of the stab that the entire necro class can bring.

Weaver has Bolstered Elements. The stereotypical 3 stance build is already 5 individual stacks of stab along with 2 stun breaks+evade windows. Still better than reaper.

Thief has tons of evade windows and an invuln elite along with a bunch of stun breaks and stealth. Sure, less stab. But i'd argue DD is more durable due to an absurd quantity of evade windows and a get-out-of-fuckup elite.

So then you should argue a point about survivability. Not stability uptime.

You said "very low access to stability"...... not low access to stunbreaks or evades.

Don't move the goalposts.

Also, FB mantra is 5s in PvE, 3s in PvP. Are you sure its me who doesn't understand what they are trying to reference? The 3 charges are also irrelevant, they recharge 1 every 25s. If you blow all 3, then what you've got is 7 stacks for 5s on a 40s CD and a 2.75s cast-time. Compare to Reaper 3 stacks for 6s on a 21s CD and insta-cast. Given that regular small stacks is better than infrequent big stacks, if you insist on making this argument, Reaper personal stability is still better.

I'm not arguing that Reaper is over-powered. I'm just arguing the very specific claim you made that they have "very low access to stability", when in reality they have above average access to stab.

I wouldn't compare Reaper's access to stability in shroud to other class' stab access. Numerically, sure, reaper has decent stability access - but then someone points out that the stability is locked behind shroud, which requires ridiculous amounts of work to get going/maintain compared to everything else, and that kinda goes out the window.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

I always see you on Reaper, and you play it well enough to be in the high tiers.

/s

Being able to pass through walls and fear ppl at the same time doesn’t make you good. Next time I see you in ranked I’ll report you so u better afk while I’m cleaving.

Lol report me w/e u like , allot of noobs have and when Anet watch the play back or future game they will see it’s just good worm play and placement.

Then I’ll just report your wurm for damage hacks any nub can afk as long as their wurm does everything for them.

What are u talking about lol utter nonsense lol

@Gamble.4580 said:

/s

Lol report me w/e u like , allot of noobs have and when Anet watch the play back or future game they will see it’s just good worm play and placement.

Then I’ll just report your wurm for damage hacks any nub can afk as long as their wurm does everything for them.

What are u talking about lol utter nonsense lol

First You gotta get good, then maybe You’ll be close to my lvl till then stay wurm