Gw2 Classic

Dont know if its a terrible idea but what is GW2 realeased a Gw2 classic would be just the core game. I feel lot of the wvw and pvp would have possitive responce. I havent really given PvE a thought. WoW classic and huge reponce thought I would throw it out there. I enjoy wvw and pvp lot more when gw2 didnt have all the expansions.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can play (for the most part) launch content using launch builds, etc.

All that a Classic GW2 would do is remove auto-loot, shared inventory packages, many dye colors, many armor and weapon skins, veteran rewards, AP rewards, etc.

People don't know what they are asking for.

@Ashen.2907 said:I can play (for the most part) launch content using launch builds, etc.

All that a Classic GW2 would do is remove auto-loot, shared inventory packages, many dye colors, many armor and weapon skins, veteran rewards, AP rewards, etc.

If we're talking launch, then we can also thrown away champ bags, wardrobe, reward tracks, map rewards, Guild halls, guild missions and Tequatl reverted to original version as well. They'd prob keep fractals, but remove the tiering system and back to random 3 again.

Oh and character bound gold

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:I can play (for the most part) launch content using launch builds, etc.

If we're talking launch, then we can also thrown away champ bags, wardrobe, reward tracks, map rewards, Guild halls, guild missions and Tequatl reverted to original version as well. They'd prob keep fractals, but remove the tiering system and back to random 3 again.

Yeah, I didnt want to spend the time on an exhaustive list, just mentioned the first few that came to mind. I really doubt that people making the title request put much thought into it.

I believe it would only have very few advantages/selling points.The only things that come to my mind are the cozy old Lions Arch, not as much eye cancer from stupid auras/backpacks/colors/etc., and maybe not seeing mounts in old zones where they don't fit would be nice.
Basically, more immersion, but I guess few people care about that.

I don't do WvW or PvP, can you explain what used to be better about it? I imagine it was slower due to very different builds.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Since the OP mentioned WvW and PvP this would also mean removing skirmish rewards and world rank chests from WvW and reward tracks from both modes. Plus removing the World abilities and the PvP build menu and reinstituting the system where a large chunk of your stats were tied to the trait lines you chose (meaning you often had to choose between the best stats for your build or the best traits) and you had to buy trait manuals to unlock each tier of traits. Not to mention character-bound world rank and commander tags, no squad markers, and probably lots of other things I'm sure I'm missing.

I kind-of understand the nostalgia factor with WoW Classic (although lets not forget WoW has also been going longer than GW2) but with this game I feel like the result would be almost entirely taking things away. There's not a lot we've lost along the way since all the old content remains relevant, even for higher level characters.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Why not just make it possible to visit old lions arch and maybe replay LS1 for those of us that missed it?

That would be nice. It would be a huge amount of work to make it happen, but I know a lot of people would love to see Season 1 back, preferably as permanent content like the later seasons.

Yeah season 1 would be very hard to do. It would be pretty much going through your source control, grabbing old maps, updating them, and making a quest chain to give you instanced access. That would be a huge job for something that would earn them no money.

Old Lions arch however should be trivial since the map is clearly navigable in personal story. So the map still exists in its entirety. Just need a way to jump into the instance without the borders on it. If this takes more than 20 minutes of coding then their code base is garabge and they have bigger things to worry about.

Oh please no. Update GW1 with GW2 engine maybe, but please dont try to emulate WoW. That's literally every MMo's downfall. WoW has the benefit of having customers who visibly dont mind paying every month regardless of how often they play, and they're Extremely loyal. That's the only Reason this classic version is successful at the moment.

@GenerationX.9178 said:Dont know if its a terrible idea but what is GW2 realeased a Gw2 classic would be just the core game. I feel lot of the wvw and pvp would have possitive responce. I havent really given PvE a thought. WoW classic and huge reponce thought I would throw it out there. I enjoy wvw and pvp lot more when gw2 didnt have all the expansions.

No just no. Nothing changed really about gameplay in GW2 Vanilla zones unlike in WoW which old content became useless as they don't provide progression. We didnt get that since all low level areas still provide progression in the form of mats and small chance at Purples and Exotic.