Negative growth on my account value (gw2efficiency) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Negative growth on my account value (gw2efficiency)

Hey guys,
after a long break I just decided to come back, so I logged on my Gw2efficiency account and then noticed this https://ibb.co/6Z1zqDN

Am I the only one with this extreme negative growth? And if not, can someone explain me what happened in the Gw2 economy?

Comments

• Taelac.7036Taelac.7036 Member ✭✭✭

Those look like days the API imploded.

Good luck, have fun.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I see the same thing on my account, on the same dates. Your account value will change, even when you're not playing (usually because the gems to gold exchange changes) but that definitely looks like a problem with the API rather than an actual change in-game.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Yeah that seemed suspicious, probably you are right guys, it looks like an API issue. Thanks for the reply!

• The API has had a number of documented issues during your long break. In essence, GW2 Efficiency could not "see" many things you owned until this or that happened (my apologies for using the technical terms; there's no other way to describe it ;))

That's partly why I don't pay any attention to my "account value," with a specific purpose (e.g. it gives an ok ball park estimate of the value of farming, if you look at before|after).

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.