Searching a legal overlay for faster stability- boon detection — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Searching a legal overlay for faster stability- boon detection

ChSch.1596ChSch.1596 Member ✭✭
edited September 3, 2019 in PVP

Is there a legal overlay, thats show me the stability- boon of the enemy in the target under my character? So i havnt look at the top of my desktop and searching the stability- boon every time. Show all boons and conditions under my character would be ok too in the first step. Thats would make me faster, too.

Comments

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any such overlay, by it's nature, would unfortunately be against the TOS.

But I highly recommend you make a [Suggestion] thread about it in the "Profession" sub-forum, as that's what the devs use to adress gameplay concerns and the more posts that expresses the need for this, the better. Because I fully agree it's time they added within the core game better visuals for certain boons.

• Why its against the TOS? The programm do screenshots of my desktop and place the stability- boon icon on an other place. And when there isnt a stability- boon icon it do nothing.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

or they could give the option to inlarge target buff bar, like in gw1

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭

@ChSch.1596 said:
    Why its against the TOS? The programm do screenshots of my desktop and place the stability- boon icon on an other place. And when there isnt a stability- boon icon it do nothing.

It gives you unfair advantage

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

I fully agree with rng saying to post that to get it some attention. Even as a simple quality of life making it easier to see isn’t a bad suggestion.

However, I have to say: citation needed for how this would be against the ToS.

A-net’s stance has always been about macros and 1 input = 1 action, (Unless an instrument) and anti botting. By this logic anyone who uses an overlay to see their mouse cursor easier is going against the ToS.

This in no way offers any advantage over the regulars who notice the icon instinctively or are aware of the skills that trigger stability.

• shippage.1983shippage.1983 Member ✭✭✭

I don't think it's an advantage to have certain boons more visible at all. It should be player vs player, and not player vs UI. I usually set my UI scale to large or largest so I can see the boon icons clearer.

Also think of PvP as a spectator sport, most people are will just see a huge line of icons and have no idea what's going on.

Shípp - Mesmer main 🐉
    Feel free to add me in game.
    I mostly PvP and open world PvE.

• everyman.4375everyman.4375 Member ✭✭✭

@shippage.1983 said:
    I don't think it's an advantage to have certain boons more visible at all. It should be player vs player, and not player vs UI. I usually set my UI scale to large or largest so I can see the boon icons clearer.

Also think of PvP as a spectator sport, most people are will just see a huge line of icons and have no idea what's going on.

It's an advantage because reading UI is an important skill.

• shippage.1983shippage.1983 Member ✭✭✭

@everyman.4375 said:

@shippage.1983 said:

It's an advantage because reading UI is an important skill.

To a certain extend, I agree. But if you're more focused on the UI rather then gameplay, then I think it's an issue of the UI not being clear enough. I'm not saying the UI is impossible to read in its current state, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Shípp - Mesmer main 🐉
    Feel free to add me in game.
    I mostly PvP and open world PvE.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.