exiting soulbeast should be rewarding so remove the stupid cd

samanosuke asakura.6240

entering and exiting soulbeast should be rewarding instead of stupid cd that makes soulbeast a bit clunky to use.don't get me wrong i do enter exit all the time but having to wait 10 sec in pvp/roaming for utility can mean death.also had use druid again for the better condi remove witch kinda annoys me i do like soulbeast but druid feels for superior in terms survival.if that cd was removed or swap in soulbeast was possible i could take support pet but those 10 right after enemy burst is annoying certainly when you are fighting in 2v1 situation.

we all know why anet (or atleast we think we know) put that cd on soulbeast. please make the cd smaller or more rewarding to use so that people won't camp in soulbeast like for example remove x condis or gain resistance or small heal.also pls for the sake of all farting ducks out there. some utilities don't work in soulbeast or go to waste what the wolf growl is up with that? warhorn 5 for example we don't get the pet skill of it and list goes on (roughly 5 skill and a couple a traits)

soulbeast is great but feels unfinished at the present time.

p.s buffing up your pet goes to waste when you enter soulbeast when exiting at least give it 1/5 of our boons or something.

edit: feel free to point my spelling mistakes. i like feedback ^^

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Lome.8239 said:The cooldown on Beastmode should stay.

You Soulbeast players should be allowed to pet swap during Beastmode, though.

Care to explain your reasoning?

Because it's clunky. Because dozen of pet swap traits aren't working in beastmode. The concept of "dancing" in and out of beastmode in its current state is a gimmick.

The matter of fact is, this elite spec would have been better if it was permamerged with the ability to "pet swap" between your two selected pets. Yes, even at cost of never having a pet and their F2s, it would perform better that way. And I'm saying that after hours of gameplay in both pvp and wvw where I just end up swapping back to even a full core build because the synergy and the fluidity of the builds are way better and the traitlines offer more utility. If this was a permamerged spec, you would keep the synergy. You'd just have a more offensive oriented build, which is what soulbeast is all about anyway.

The only place where this spec currently has a "solid" spot, is for raids where you stay merged all the time.

Both options are acceptable, both got pros and cons and will require some twikings.No CD option will require to give CD for traits like unstoppable union but it will keep the the core design of going in and out beastmode.

Swap pets while in beastmode will bring huge quality of life to the play-style and will solve the issue with all the swap pets traits while in bastmode. But, it will open play style which allows you to camp beastmode. I think it's fine BTW... Same way some players camp LB and rarely change weapons. I think Sec option is the best, PVE players camp beastmode anyway and ironically is the most effective to get max dps in PVE. Good pvp players will go in and out anyway with some builds to get get the max out of their options.

@LughLongArm.5460 said:Both options are acceptable, both got pros and cons and will require some twikings.No CD option will require to give CD for traits like unstoppable union but it will keep the the core design of going in and out beastmode.

Swap pets while in beastmode will bring huge quality of life to the play-style and will solve the issue with all the swap pets traits while in bastmode. But, it will open play style which allows you to camp beastmode. I think it's fine BTW... Same way some players camp LB and rarely change weapons. I think Sec option is the best, PVE players camp beastmode anyway and ironically is the most effective to get max dps in PVE. Good pvp players will go in and out anyway with some builds to get get the max out of their options.

Exactly. You will get the "dance in and out" scenario anyway for a full useage of your utilities outside PvE anyway. You're already throwing away surviveability by specing soulbeast in the first place, some added utility with beastmode swap is something that would benefit it A LOT.

@Lome.8239 said:The cooldown on Beastmode should stay.

You Soulbeast players should be allowed to pet swap during Beastmode, though.

One way or another, there needs to be a change to allow for fluid play. Even if they remove 5 seconds from the cooldown of beastmode, it'll have a nice effect. (I'm in favor of both, it's already seen that druid will remain on top for pvp, so I think some qol buffs would be acceptable)

Drop the cooldown of beastmode to 5 or 6 seconds, and allow for pet swapping in beastmode, or remove cooldown entirely, if you don't want pet swap in beastmode.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:They would need to give cool downs to some traits Fresh reinforcement and Unstoppable Union would be too strong, especially having a stun break + unblockable attacks with like a 1second ICD.

My thoughts too. And I would rather have CDs on traits than on soulbeast. I think the ability to swap in and out of beastform on a dime can really make SB more reactive and fun.

I would definitely like to see pet-swapping to be allowed while in beastmode, or a greatly reduced (or no) CD on leaving beastmode (but CD on the traits instead) if we can't get the former. The main reason for me is that I'd like to see a smoother transition between our different available beast skills. If I'm running around in Deadly form for condi stats and skills (like Primal Cry), but want to swap to Prelude Lash (and/or a different pet's skill kit) to break some bars or gain some other form of versatility, I have to spend more time than it's worth demerging, swapping and then waiting for the CD before I can remerge. Thus I have to know at least 9 seconds before I want the other kit available. Would be so much smoother to just swap while in beastmode and also promotes pet diversity as having a situational pet at hand requires less time sacrifice. If we can't get pet-swapping while merged, then at least removing or greatly reducing the beastmode CD would allow the same pet utility albeit through more button presses. The pet-swap itself would still have a cooldown ofc.

It's possible that they're concerned about the pet revival functionality of merging. As it stands, merging with a pet returns it to full health. I'm no professional when it comes to programming, but recording and maintaining a pet's health value when merging seems like it would take a fairly substantial amount of extra code, rather than simple number tweaks. This gets in the way of both removing the Beastmode cooldown, and allowing switching while in Beastmode, as the former allows you to instantly revive downed pets on a whim, and the latter allows you to switch downed pets on a 16/20-second cooldown (or whatever the switching cooldown would end up being) instead of a 48/60-second cooldown.

I personally don't think those things are THAT big a deal, but if the developers are concerned about it, I sadly doubt that they'll be making the changes being requested so far. It's hardly optimal, but I think I'd at least prefer for the cooldown to be moved to unmerging instead of merging, keeping you in Beastmode for a time. This allows you to switch pets to fit the situation more quickly, while keeping the pet revival aspect in check, if that is indeed their intention. In fact, it keeps it MORE in check, as you can't revive the pet and instantly send it back out. Again, not something I feel is necessary, but I could see it being at least one of the reasons the developers wanted a cooldown on Beastmode.

Another option is to spread the cooldown between merging and unmerging, so that each is a tad bit of a time investment, but neither is quite as severe as the current state of Beastmode, or the suggestion above.

Want to reiterate one more time, since people love attacking people who think differently than them, that I don't personally think the pet revival aspect of Beastmode is something to be too concerned about. I'm just offering approaches that seem more likely the fit with what I perceive to be the developers' intentions.

Yeah, I don't understand why we can't enter pet swap at any time while in Soulbeast, most Soulbeast skills have a longer cooldown than pet swapping does, well at least all the good skills do. I can't see how there would be balance problems, once we have used the skill we still need to wait for the cooldown.

@Sol.4310 said:Yeah, I don't understand why we can't enter pet swap at any time while in Soulbeast, most Soulbeast skills have a longer cooldown than pet swapping does, well at least all the good skills do. I can't see how there would be balance problems, once we have used the skill we still need to wait for the cooldown.

Plus, the same types also share a cool down so you couldnt have double Primal Cry for example.

Archived