Does Siege Commander's Spoon still exist? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Does Siege Commander's Spoon still exist?

I have not seen this item in a very long time and a few people i know are unhappy because they can't get that sweet spoon mastery point. Does it even drop anymore?

Comments

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought they changed it that if your account got it, it would now just get broken spoons after that point. Could be mis-remembering that since it was a while back I want to say. After filling that part of the collection never saw one again that I can remember.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah after getting siege commander's spoon for the Koutalphile collection, you only drop some kind of broken spoon, though I rarely see it anymore but I guess it can still drop.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

If it doesn't drop any more that would be a bug. I was always an infrequent if not quite rare drop, so it could def just be rng. I don't really notice the broken spoon trash item when it drops, so I can't say for sure when I got one last. I'll try to remember to keep an eye out if no one else comes back with a better answer before then :p

• UndeadALK.7014UndeadALK.7014 Member
    edited September 5, 2019

Yeah, i put it badly. I mean i don't get spoons at all in wvw after coming back to the game, even broken ones, and my friends neither. Was just wondering if we're the only ones.

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2019

@OP

They don't drop that often, but they still do. I've managed to collect 393 spoons & had one drop yesterday. I've never gotten any broken spoons though.

I play daily & do lots of solo camp capping while roaming. Now I usually get 1-3 spoons (maybe 7 if very lucky) weekly...used to be a lot more when I first started collecting them...which was over a range of 6-7 years.

Edit - I haven't un-locked this collection yet.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Koutalophile

Hope you get one soon.

2019.09.15 - 1 Spoon Dropped - Total 399 Spoons in inventory
    2019.09.10 - 1 Spoon Dropped - Total 398 Spoons in inventory
    2019.09.08 - 2 Spoon Dropped - Total 397 Spoons in inventory
    2019.09.07 - 1 Spoon Dropped
    2019.09.05 - 1 Spoon Dropped

Yours truly,
    Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Everytime I see one of these threads I check my sell all log, I get multiple per night.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@Diku.2546 said:
    @OP

They don't drop that often, but they still do. I've managed to collect 393 spoons & had one drop yesterday. I've never gotten any broken spoons though.

I play daily & do lots of solo camp capping while roaming. Now I usually get 1-3 spoons (maybe 5 if very lucky) monthly...used to be a lot more when I first started collecting them...which was over a range of 6-7 years.

Hope you get one soon.

Yours truly,
    Diku

Diku,
    Does it show you have completed this part of the collection?

OP,
    This might be of interest: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Broken_Spoon

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

@ TheGrimm.5624
    I haven't un-locked this collection yet.

@ OP
    Just got another spoon. I'll try and post date & number of spoons in this reply:

Edit - See original post for this information.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1033300#Comment_1033300

Yours truly,
    Diku

@Diku.2546 said:
    @ TheGrimm.5624
    I haven't un-locked this collection yet.

Yours truly,
    Diku

Ah! Ok so again, I think it still stands on the why you are seeing and I am not. I have and have that done. So back to the OP, do you have that already open and that step done?

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

3 broken spoons tonight in 2 hours of play.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• I feel like I get more Legendary Spikes than I do the spoons. I'd have to check but the rate of spoons dropping does seem very low compared to what it was before.

Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fatherbliss.4701 said:
    I feel like I get more Legendary Spikes than I do the spoons. I'd have to check but the rate of spoons dropping does seem very low compared to what it was before.

It's the nature of rng.
    I've seen three legendary spikes in a day, occasionally. Yet I haven't got one in three months.

Q: does siege commanders spoon exist?
    A: yes, but that doesn't mean you'll get one tommorow.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• My main account, after starting the collection took 47 wvw ranks before I got one to drop.

My alt account that doesnt have the collection started has 3 dozen.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.