PvP population — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP population

Arafel.6895Arafel.6895 Member ✭✭

Greetings,
I left the game 1 year ago. I was playing only PvP for 2 years. But I left, because very low PvP population (it happened fairly often that I played with the same ppl...), which was main reason, why I decided to take a break.
How is PvP population now? It it somehow better? Would you recommend returning back to the game only for PvP? I am totally not interested in PvE.

Thanks!

Comments

• A year ago was heaven compared to the current situation.

• @Happy Yes.1453 said:
    A year ago was heaven compared to the current situation.

wow. Is that seriously so bad? I dont understand that... I ve played a lot mmorpgs and gw2 has one of the best PvP.... its really pitty that pvp population is so declining... or is it the whole population of gw2 declining or only pvp population?

• yanniell.1236yanniell.1236 Member ✭✭✭

There is none.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Look at pve maps, even more empty.

I have never went to a pvp lobby that was empty, and if i did, it asked me to volunteer to a full one.

If that happens in pve...still empty.

pve is a bunch of people afk in the city and half of them are in these forums.

pvp is like an all night diner, it has it's slow moments but's it always cooking.

AND, that's the case even though they only serve one item

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

It didn't improve, let's put it like that.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about mAT return and PvP content

• Happy Yes.1453Happy Yes.1453 Member ✭✭
    edited September 6, 2019

I just did some ranked games 12-1.30AM CET, every game is me vs same guy that is 1600+ rating as well and then rest of the team gold or even silver. People who have mastered this game are put together with people that stand still on the node and click their skills.
    Matchmaking is like this now: oh ur rating is pretty good, lets compensate that by putting a bronze reaper into ur team and roll you into a clownfiesta
    it has become tilt wars

• @Falan.1839 said:

didn't improve? a year ago there were a ton of streamers and hundreds of viewers every day, now there are no mATs anymore, hell population is so low there isn't even 1 player in legendary tier on the leaderboard. An expansion should have come out by now, but there is nothing, they have destroyed their own game

• dont come back. there is a reason why the population has got so low.

• rwolf.9571rwolf.9571 Member ✭✭✭

Yes it's worse, if you your in Gold 3 and up, trying to place for titles. Buuuutttt.... If you let your mmr slide to Gold 1/ Silver 3. Matches feel super casual, and winnable even with lame/blindfolded builds.

Basically if you even attempt a top 250 status, you will need to hard carry, because you will get low gold and silver players every time.

Also there are a kitten ton of bots in Silver 3 / Gold 2 and lower. From what I've seen there win/loss ratio is at 50%, and never climb into Gold 2. So if you play at a skill level Gold 2 or higher, they are easy targets.

So Yes if your super casual about it. No if your looking for a bad time trying to be a top player.

• @Arafel.6895 said:

@Happy Yes.1453 said:

wow. Is that seriously so bad? I dont understand that... I ve played a lot mmorpgs and gw2 has one of the best PvP.... its really pitty that pvp population is so declining... or is it the whole population of gw2 declining or only pvp population?

It is bc Bnet dont give a kiti on this gamemode

• @Arafel.6895 said:

@Happy Yes.1453 said:

Simply put: Anet doesn't give a kitten. Like.. really.. You can't imagine anyone bothering less about anything than Anet caring about sPvP and WvW. That's it.

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

@Happy Yes.1453 said:

@Falan.1839 said:

didn't improve? a year ago there were a ton of streamers and hundreds of viewers every day, now there are no mATs anymore, hell population is so low there isn't even 1 player in legendary tier on the leaderboard. An expansion should have come out by now, but there is nothing, they have destroyed their own game

It was obviously understatement.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about mAT return and PvP content

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

It's awful. No matches with players within your skill range. No matches without class stacking. One sited unbalanced BS all time. But hey there is a new skin comming soon.

• In high elo you have to get accustomed to facing other duos so make sure to pick a good duo q partner. Low Elo is usually pretty bad skill, but if ur good possibly you won’t see a lot. Make sure not to spam ranked cuz it’s ez rn to have 10 match win streak followed by 10 losses or just high amount of elo per loss in high tiers.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.