PvP Bots are basically 2019's Chinese Gold Farmers — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP Bots are basically 2019's Chinese Gold Farmers

rwolf.9571rwolf.9571 Member ✭✭✭

Anet should really put a stop to this. They were very proactive on removing chinese bot/gold farmers in the early days why not now?
We already know bots run with impunity. Heck I've seen bots still running months after reporting.

But Anet really needs to look at this perspective. I've checked the amount of games these bots have played, and they're already around 1100-1200 matches in the first 2 weeks (+ 2 days)! That's about 65-70 matches a day on the low end! Now the Season is 8 weeks long or 56 days. So 65 matches x 56 days = at least 3640 matches per season.

So why does this matter? Using a ball park estimate that it takes 50 matches win or lose for 1 Byzantium Chest or 29 flat gold.
3640 matches / 50 = 72.8 Chests or 2111.20 GOLD PER SEASON! not including pvp reward tracks....
And that's a low skritt brain math estimate.

Anet is actually losing money by letting bots run. Potential gem store sales lost etc.

Comments

  • Is this gw2 top priority atm?

  • rwolf.9571rwolf.9571 Member ✭✭✭

    @Duiz.6042 said:
    Is this gw2 top priority atm?

    Gw2 Top priority is to make money.

  • OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2019

    This should be addressed as not only are these bots ruining PvP matches and gameplay, but ANET is losing gem sales and actual money .

    Ban every account with over 1000 games played this season 18. Clearly, it’s a bot. Take action already.

  • Maybe they will fix it the same way they fixed goldsellers and just sell botting in the the black lion shop.

  • Hex.8714Hex.8714 Member ✭✭

    raid sellers make that much in one day. 2k gold is nothing nowadays

  • rwolf.9571rwolf.9571 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hex.8714 said:
    raid sellers make that much in one day. 2k gold is nothing nowadays

    That's not really comparable. And your not seeing the big picture. Sure 2000g isn't much for the 1%'er, but it sure is for the rest of the 99%
    Something automated vs earned via gameplay (and a niche group of gw2 players at that sell raids)

    2000g isn't much for 1 bot, but what if we times that by 100 bots. Suddenly 200,000 of liquid gold is now floating through the economy. Resulting in inflation, and demonetized the value of gold.

    If Anet keeps turning a blind eye to bots. What is there to stop more and more people bottling. Anet might want to avoid game currency becoming inflated like WoW did.

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    How do you spot a bot? So far I haven't seen anyone that act like it was programmed. What cue should i be looking for?

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019

    I've seen my teammates do bot like things like continually running into a wall that's right beside a set of stairs their trying to go up,at least I hope it was a bot lol

  • rwolf.9571rwolf.9571 Member ✭✭✭

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:
    How do you spot a bot? So far I haven't seen anyone that act like it was programmed. What cue should i be looking for?

    The quick, and obvious test is to jump to High Ground, or Mini Jp's. These tend to confuse bots (some will stop attacking altogether, or loop back and forth in the example below). Some of the better bots will attempt to jump and follow you, but fail spectacularly.

    Sometimes bots of the same type will que together and use the same pathing. If you ever seen a whole bunch of NPC's or mobs spawn in PVE running single file, you know what I'm talking about.

    If you suspect a bot, you can "friend/follow" them to see there win loss ratio. If it's somthing absurd like +1000 matches in 2-3 weeks, it's probably a bot. (Or somebody that inhumanly plays 24/7 7 days a week...)

    There are some other tells, like blindly going into 1 v 3's or more, auto ressing while 3 ppl are cleaving you. A bit hard to discern "noob" play or bots when most bots don't reach farther that of gold 1. But it's more apparent if you keep que'ing with them, seeing the same pattern, play.

    You probably won't spot a bot in one match (Unless it's obvious) but if you que in alot, and see the same player, with the same "quirks" then you can start to safely assume it's a bot. There is some detective work going on to spot a bot at times, and probably why most ppl don't notice them. (I would rather play than try to observe a player at the same time)

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2019

    @rwolf.9571 said:

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:
    How do you spot a bot? So far I haven't seen anyone that act like it was programmed. What cue should i be looking for?

    The quick, and obvious test is to jump to High Ground, or Mini Jp's. These tend to confuse bots (some will stop attacking altogether, or loop back and forth in the example below). Some of the better bots will attempt to jump and follow you, but fail spectacularly.

    Sometimes bots of the same type will que together and use the same pathing. If you ever seen a whole bunch of NPC's or mobs spawn in PVE running single file, you know what I'm talking about.

    If you suspect a bot, you can "friend/follow" them to see there win loss ratio. If it's somthing absurd like +1000 matches in 2-3 weeks, it's probably a bot. (Or somebody that inhumanly plays 24/7 7 days a week...)

    There are some other tells, like blindly going into 1 v 3's or more, auto ressing while 3 ppl are cleaving you. A bit hard to discern "noob" play or bots when most bots don't reach farther that of gold 1. But it's more apparent if you keep que'ing with them, seeing the same pattern, play.

    You probably won't spot a bot in one match (Unless it's obvious) but if you que in alot, and see the same player, with the same "quirks" then you can start to safely assume it's a bot. There is some detective work going on to spot a bot at times, and probably why most ppl don't notice them. (I would rather play than try to observe a player at the same time)

    Wait, red has 2 bots and still the team makes over 300 points? Rofl
    Bronze bot lifes matter

    "playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

  • BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

    Do we will have a security team that can stop bots? Who knows.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.