Game closes to desktop momentarily — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Game closes to desktop momentarily

Hi all,
Have just come back to GW2 for the latest dlc and am experiencing a weird very immersion killing problem and it is infuriating. The problem is I am happily playing along when all of a sudden the game minimises to desktop and then comes back again and plays normally as if nothing has happened. I can find nothing that I think might be causing this running in the background and it appears entirely random. Anyone else experiencing this, any ideas ?

Comments

• Problem solved. Well a workaround at least. I was playing on full screen (which I omitted to say, sorry). I changed to windowed fullscreen and the problem seems to have gone away. I have no fps loss vis a vis fs. Just for the info I am playing in Win 10 with latest sp and am using 385.41 Nvidea drivers for my 970 .

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.