Suicide Bulwark — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Suicide Bulwark

I always enjoyed playing a support/healing build combo for my Scrapper Engi. It got nerfed years ago... it hurt... I really missed my big aoe healing bombs that I could drop behind me with no cool down... but finally I adapted and made it work again... ya know the drill. Well after another past update making me think the play style I liked was gone again, I found a way to make it more than viable and a lot of fun. But now... why did they have to change the Bulwark Gyro to be a suicide skill? It was so good, and now it’s useless. Either it was the breaking point of making her a beast or something else must’ve changed too, because my engi’s power, toughness, and healing sucks now and feels like nothing makes a dent. I don’t understand why anyone could think this was a good idea. Please change it back ;_;

Comments

• In regards to Bulwark-Gyro killing the player I recommend using Hammer 4 to block the incoming damage.
    However regarding the healing i can say, that from personal experience it is rather easy to outheal ( or at least heal roughly the same as ) both Firebrands and Support Tempest. But then again I do not know what kind of build you are playing exactly.

• Have either of you used support scrapper in raids?

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rifton.7346 said:
    In regards to Bulwark-Gyro killing the player I recommend using Hammer 4 to block the incoming damage.

Pardon? All the damage transferred to you is unavoidable except for Invulnerability

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Rifton.7346 said:
    In regards to Bulwark-Gyro killing the player I recommend using Hammer 4 to block the incoming damage.

Pardon? All the damage transferred to you is unavoidable except for Invulnerability

Is this seriously true? Bruh. Damage dampener even hits through invuln, such useless skills.

Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

• No, Bulwark transferred damage can be blocked. I see this every day in WvW. Hammer-4 and Shield-5 are working well and you can survive standing in a 40 zerg while bulwark is on.
    I think it can't be evaded, though. Also not sure, if protection or vuln on you affect it.
    But without a block in a WvW-zerg it kills you most of the time.

Nice to see another large-scale suicide skill, though. ^^
    (Following numbers are worst-case with all targets = hits against retaliations)

Holo-overheat without trait: toolbelt/kit/forge lockout + 8k dmg.
    Prime Light Beam: 6 fields, 10 pulses, 5 targets = 6k dmg/s, 60k in total retaliation
    Flamethrower-1: 15 attacks/s =3k dmg/s per retaliation
    Grenade-kit: 15 attacks = 3k dmg for every throw (6k for barrage) retaliation
    Bulwark: redirect ~30% incoming damage of 5 players to you

I think this fits nicely to some support skills:
    A.E.D: only really heals and cleanses when you die within 8s (traited)
    Medikit-1 and -2: heals everyone except you
    EG-3: cleanses everyone except you
    Throw-U: AoE stunbreaker, but can not be used while stunned.

And of course my favorite rune:
    Alturism+Mortar: draw one condition from 5 allies to you every second (got up to 120 stacks burning once).

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

Holo-overheat without trait: toolbelt/kit/forge lockout + 8k dmg.
    Prime Light Beam: 6 fields, 10 pulses, 5 targets = 6k dmg/s, 60k in total retaliation
    Flamethrower-1: 15 attacks/s =3k dmg/s per retaliation
    Grenade-kit: 15 attacks = 3k dmg for every throw (6k for barrage) retaliation
    Bulwark: redirect ~30% incoming damage of 5 players to you

And of course my favorite rune:
    Alturism+Mortar: draw one condition from 5 allies to you every second (got up to 120 stacks burning once).

Flamethrower has 3 targets cap, and 15*250*3 is closer to 11k.

[NUKE]

• @Samug.6512 said:

Flamethrower hits 3 people 5 times per second.
    So, 5 times * 3 targets * 200 ret-dmg is 3k dmg, right? ^^

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Samug.6512 said:

Flamethrower hits 3 people 5 times per second.
    So, 5 times * 3 targets * 200 ret-dmg is 3k dmg, right? ^^

Ah, yes, my bad. Only 3k dmg/s done to yourself instead of 11k, so that's fine /s

[NUKE]

• How about runes of sanctuary? Does the incoming barrier on that from the self heals give you more time with bulwark active?

• Rifton.7346Rifton.7346 Member
    edited September 15, 2019

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Rifton.7346 said:

Blocking through Hammer 4 or Shield 5 works.

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rifton.7346 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Rifton.7346 said:

Blocking through Hammer 4 or Shield 5 works.

That's mindboggling as to the logic behind that mechanic but very useful to know.

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• We do it all the time in WvW fights.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.