teleport to friend recharge-is this normal? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

teleport to friend recharge-is this normal?

I bought the recharging teleport to friends for two alt accounts as they didn't have a ton built up like my main and I noticed when I logged on this afternoon that they hadn't recharged but still had 45 mins left, so apparently they only recharge while you're online, is this a bug or normal? Because if this is working as intended I'm obviously going to submit a request for refund because I can't sit on alts for an hour waiting for my teleport to friend to recharge every time i use it.

Comments

• Use this item to teleport to a party member's location.

One-hour cooldown. Can only be used by characters level 10 or greater.

— In-game description

From the Wiki (and in-game).

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is normal and intended. On the other side, things like boosters also stop their countdown timer when you log off, allowing you to actually use them instead of letting them go to waste when you exit your game for something else.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Fremtid.3528Fremtid.3528 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Use this item to teleport to a party member's location.

One-hour cooldown. Can only be used by characters level 10 or greater.

— In-game description

From the Wiki (and in-game).

Yes but if the cooldown stops when you log off a 1 hour cool down could very well be weeks cool down. So I feel like there needs to be some new clarification on the item before people buy it.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    This is normal and intended. On the other side, things like boosters also stop their countdown timer when you log off, allowing you to actually use them instead of letting them go to waste when you exit your game for something else.

Thank you for this info, definitely getting a refund on both.

• Good luck to refund.
    If text ingame, and wiki said One hour cooldown, hum you will be extremly lucky if Anet refund you
    EXTREMELY

• Fremtid.3528Fremtid.3528 Member ✭✭✭

Before mining tools used to unlock skins Anet used to refund if you don't like the skin, so idk wat you talking bout but ok.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

As long as nothing is unlocked, and the item can be destroyed, you should be able to re-acquire the Gems spent.

Good luck.

• DragonFury.6243DragonFury.6243 Member ✭✭✭✭

you can try to put it on a shared inventory slot it may help

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DragonFury.6243 said:
    you can try to put it on a shared inventory slot it may help

Since they are on a second and third account, I dont see how that would help

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's a program that lets you log in to multiple gw2 accounts at the same time.

That might be a solution...keep them afk somewhere while you play your main. (just don't be farming with them. ).

GW2 launchbuddy I think it is.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

If you do not play that account very much I would say use the teleport to friend, play for however long you do, then switch to whatever account you play... then... when you are done, just log in the other account and the time run to reset the teleporter. If you need to, just log in and go to bed - by morning the teleporter will be reset.

I am curious how often people teleport to friends? I have never had an occasion to use any of the freebies they give us.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.