Lvl 80 Boosts and Mounts, good or bad for new players? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Lvl 80 Boosts and Mounts, good or bad for new players?

Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 9, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I just feel those things and the fact the game doesn't lead you anywhere after you hit 80 make the new players feel they have nothing to do in the game much sooner than they should

Lvl 80 Boosts and Mounts, good or bad for new players? 84 votes

Good
26%
runeblade.7514Mea.5491Elothar.4382Game of Bones.8975Sznurek.8791Hyper Cutter.9376Airdive.2613Dayra.7405Jtoon.6907Magnus Godrik.5841Halbarz.3854BRNBRITO.9624casualkenny.9817Etria.3642yusayu.3629AzureTerra.1642XatraZaytrax.2601bluberblasen.9684Friday.7864LowestTruth.2635 22 votes
Bad
73%
khorren.3702Glider.5792Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Lucentfir.7430Ashantara.8731kharmin.7683Inculpatus cedo.9234Durzlla.6295Ajaxx.3157lukey.8951borgs.6103ugrakarma.9416Robban.1256Rankomonaut.4708Cronospere.8143Kong.3280MidnightX.6294FitzChevalerie.1035crepuscular.9047Blood Red Arachnid.2493 62 votes
<1

Comments

• Bad

Ahh, this one is much better.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think mounts are fine for new players but I have mixed feelings on the level 80 boost.

I think it's good for attracting new players: many people worry that starting an MMO when it's a few years old means spending hours alone in virtually empty levelling areas before starting to "really" play. We know GW2 isn't like that, but potential new players can't know if it's the truth or if the people saying it just want to persuade them. (Especially because if levelling areas are abandoned chances are the people saying they're not haven't been back there in years and may be going off what it used to be like when they started.) With the boost they don't have to worry because they know they can skip that and go straight into the latest content.

The problem comes when they do that and, again expecting GW2 to work like some other MMOs, assume that with a max level character in nearly top tier equipment they should be able to button mash their way through everything except dungeons and raids, or as you said when they just don't know where to go because there isn't a linear path through the game.

But that doesn't affect everyone and the solution depends on the player - for some people using the boost early on is absolutely a mistake and their best approach is to make a new character and start from scratch. But others just need a few pointers or confirmation that it's not working like their last MMO because it's a different game and they need a different approach, or just to be told that they're not missing anything, there is no path to follow and they really are allowed to do whatever they want.

So I wouldn't say it's the boost is bad for new players exactly, but it needs to be used with caution and ideally with some idea of what you're getting yourself in for if you use it.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Ryukai.6524Ryukai.6524 Member ✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

No option that I'd choose which would be.

Just lvl 80 boosts. Mounts are fine though. (considering they are NEEDED for PoF+ content it would make it impossible for 'new players' to quite literally play the game... )

That being said though, the constant mastery unlock pop up the moment you hit 80 is far far! worse for new players than any sort of boost/mount as the only way to stop it is to skip almost the entire story! It completely removes you from the story progression and forces you into content where it leaves you with a constant 'The heck is going on' and 'Who the heck are these people and why should I care about them' and just an overall sense of constant confusion. That is what's more than likely going to put new people off.

I came back a few months ago and my 'story' went as so -

50% personal story (I hit 80 before finishing it off as I was fully completing zones as I went along)
    First part of HoT (to get rid of mastery pop up and majorly spoiling myself in the process)
    PoF then LWS4 (I'd already completely and utterly spoiled the story for myself so why not just go the whole hog and unlock mounts in the process)
    Back to finish off the personal Story - LWs1 summery
    Back to Hot (also a case of 'how am I supposed to feel about all these 'new' npcs when I STILL have no idea where they came from!) and finally LWS3.

I pushed through it as I'm used to WoW's convoluted timeline. But the constant confusion throughout this jumbled mess that people who are new to the MMO scene are essentially forced into because of that stupid pop up is what's going to turn people away. Not 'how do I use a sword'. :/

EDIT: What is spelling and Grammar

• Good

The Boost only affects one character out of the number of slots you are given when first buying the game. It's been such a long time and with expansions/purchased slots, I forgot how many you automatically start.

I do agree that the Boost shouldn't be able to be used on shiny, new accounts until one character has made it to Lvl 20. By that time they should know basic mechanics, the race/profession they want to Boost, and be excited to see the expansive world there is to offer. I also wish you got an option of where to "play with" the pre-Boost instead of always going straight to the Silver Wastes.

Boosts purchased by "veteran" players would work as advertised: straight to Lvl 80.

If a person is liable to rage quit an entire game, do you really want that person playing along side you every day anyway?

"That's what" -- She

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad

I dislike the access to the boost strait off the bat. Players are thrown into "endgame" without having created a bond with the game. Even worse if it's their first character.

Mounts are fine, they create similarities to other MMOs which makes it easier for new players to feel at home. They are also quite fun imo.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good

When I recruit a friend to play, we do, in order: a brief discussion of the type of character they want, insta boost, chap 1 hot skipping everything, run around to get exp showing them the joys of pocket raptors, letting them die, then showing them the Noxxian can't can't hot video, then when they have gliding, we immediately ditch hot, and zoom to pof, where we zoom through chapter 1, do the heart, get them the raptor. That all usually takes a good 3 hours when all is said and done, basically an afternoon or evening, and THEN:

We kind of let them start exploring and playing on their own with a brand new character. They now have a better feel for the game, a better idea of gameplay, a better idea of what they want, they can glide, raptor, and don't have the mastery thing. We answer questions they have, help with quests, explain map completion, story, living world, crafting, etc.

Without this support net, though, I imagine starting out would be a lot more confusing.

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    Good

Without doubt the 2 dogs in the raptor mission have eaten many newbies.

But I think the freedom of choice is more important than an overprotected environment.

Some self-responsibility is needed anyway, someone that jumps directly in an extension fight and rage-quit because he fails, will likely not get old in GW2 anyway.

I would find it bad to let newbies without any chance of raptor-0/1 just to protect some that aren’t able to handle their freedom.

• Bad

Boosts bad, mounts OK.

I recently used my boosts that I had sitting in shared storage just to get rid of them. I know for sure that I don't have any idea what I"m really doing on these characters. I have a lot of learning and research to do to be able to play them to full advantage. I can't imaging being completely new to the game and using a level 80 boost.

• Good

Boosts are fine. From what I can see and hear, they're generally used by someone who wants X class where they've leveled Y and want to switch. People are here to enjoy the game; i.e., they will start their first character from scratch and start leveling and getting familiar, etc etc. Then blow the boost if they decide to try a different class.

There may have been a case for no boosts before there were elite specs, I guess, but since those change class mechanics pretty significantly and require re-learning anyways... I don't see the point of restricting it in the name of "learning".

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad

Bad for new players.
    Lv80 boosters should not be available to people who don't have a lv80 character, yet. Nor have played less than 2 months.

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭
    Good

I don't remember, but I think you need lvl 80 to start the PoF story? So basically, one necessitates the other?

I think everyone can agree that new players should have access to mounts as soon as possible. I don't like the fact that you have to boost to 80 and start the PoF story to get your Raptor, everyone should just have access to it. Then they could also limit 80-boosts for new players (not to mention that those are a waste of money anyways, they shouldn't exist in the first place imo.).

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad

GW2 leveling is best-in-class AFAIK (open to counter examples).
    And as long as mount damage isn't scaled way the kitten down in core Tyria, I'd rather not see more mount spammers, thanks.
    So: two times bad.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭
    Bad

I'm in a facebook group where a lot of ppl come to ask things about the game

I see them buying the game and 2 months later trying to sell their accounts

They use the level 80 boosts and if they don't find a guild or someone to guide them they're completely lost, feeling they haven't achieved anything in the game or in some cases everything

Like I said before, they feel they're done with the game very quickly

The mounts just help this situation a little bit, they use the boost get the raptor or even the 4 pof mounts and sometimes they feel they have to make a character from scratch to learn how to play better, but it's kinda too late, instead of learning the game throught leveling they raptor tail everything in the map without knowing their classes

I think the mounts should be avaiable in core game only after you get at least one 100% map completition

Not sure what to do with the boost, but it's primarily what's making new players get lost and quit

• ScyeRynn.4218ScyeRynn.4218 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019

If a player wants to learn the game or boost that's up to them and it's up to us if we want to deal with a boosted, inexperienced player. This is one of the things GW 2 has done right, by giving us a choice. Now if only they can apply that same concept to most other things in the game, it would only be better.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad

unlike linear progression games where all you care about is spamming skills and managing the resource pool

GW2 is about learning the mob mechanics, dodging, build setup base on the mobs you will be fighting, so there's a big learning curve

and Anet doesnt do a good job at teaching players, can you believe people still doesnt know how to do breakbars?
    it seems like Anet approach to people who are unwilling to learn and complaining about 'OMG! it's too hard, nerf or I will quit!' is giving more firepower, creating power creep, then have flow on effect to other areas of the game like PvP and WvW

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Bad

Mount Rentals? probably fine, so they can get motivated to have their own. but mounts at the start? Nah fam, part of the fun is getting it.

And i'd say hold off on lvl 80 boosts until you get to 80 yourself at least once. part of getting to 80 is learning how to play the game, which is pretty vital. sure you can cheese it with crafting or wvw or something but most players would likely get to 80 by actually playing and doing content. it can be a bore, but with friends showing you the ropes (or just saying you need help and watch as a horde of players swarm to you like flies on a dead carcass) new players should be experienced enough at least to have the fundamentals down.

• Bad

i think lvl 80 boost is killing the game. behind reason for boost. is anet want to boost their account. they may think the quicker player reach 80 the quicker they start buying item from TP. however at the same time the quicker the player get to 80 the quicker they get bored for the game. this will shorten the life of gw2

• I would say bad for new player since they will skip everything but it's their fault for skipping instead of learning, i don't take any complaints from those type of player seriously. Also it's entirely optional to use

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad

It's hard for me to say 'Bad' bc I'm sure there are players out there who enjoy skipping the leveling process and getting instant access to endgame content but for me leveling was great fun and I wish I had been able to stretch it out for far longer than I did. A big part of why I enjoy keyrunning is the return to playing on weaker toons, if only through the story missions . . .

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many of you who clicking "bad" have seen what it's like as a completely new player in this game over the past 6 months.
    Have you seen hard it is to tag mobs in events with all the veterans players around spamming mount engages and depriving new players of XP while they level ?
    I guarantee many of you would change your minds.
    I also guarantee many who clicked "Bad" are doing exactly that and just finding very creative ways of saying "L2P Noob".

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mounts are fine.

I'd actually encourage new players to get carried through the first episode of PoF and Hot, so they have raptor and glider and then go back to personal story.

I really think the level 80 boost should only be available after your first level 80.

Too many people boost and then know absolutely nothing about their character or the game. They ask questions that they'd have worked out had they leveled naturally.
    And as much as core game doesn't teach HoT level difficulty, I think skipping it is bad and leaves a player to get completely slaughtered in the expansions. At least leveling naturally they'll learn a little of their class.

@mindcircus.1506 said:
    I wonder how many of you who clicking "bad" have seen what it's like as a completely new player in this game over the past 6 months.
    Have you seen hard it is to tag mobs in events with all the veterans players around spamming mount engages and depriving new players of XP while they level ?

This is only really a problem during dailies when a map events is in rotation. outside of dailies, you're lucky if there's 1 other person doing the event with you.

• Bad

Boost bad, mounts good

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Boosts are terrible, mounts are fantastic.

Bite me.

• Level 80 boosts should only work for characters that have a level 80 character thru leveling. Mounts I see no issue with.

Good

I never tried, someone knows:

You can only start the PoF story with 80, but you can join a vet opening it. It says your story-progress will not be saved, but would you still unlock raptor and masteries?

• Bad

@mindcircus.1506 said:
    I also guarantee many who clicked "Bad" are doing exactly that and just finding very creative ways of saying "L2P Noob".

This only happens during the prime time at "event completer" maps, and even ppl with mounts sometimes can't get their hits for the event credit.

I still level all ny characters old way, no mounts in combat or to move around, so other ppl mounts aren't that much of a problem

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad

@Khalisto.5780 said:
    I just feel those things and the fact the game doesn't lead you anywhere after you hit 80

The story is continuous and has indicators that direct you to the next step. So "doesn't lead you anywhere" is incorrect.

• Cronospere.8143Cronospere.8143 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019
    Bad

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Bad for new players.
    Lv80 boosters should not be available to people who don't have a lv80 character, yet. Nor have played less than 2 months.

Exactly this.
    Lvl 80 boost is fine. If you have 1 character leveled up to 80 on your own..

Also i voted bad for mounts. Because i think that if you give them too quickly to new players that the experience we had would be destroyed. Most pre PoF maps and events arent designed for mounts..

@Dayra.7405 said:
    I never tried, someone knows:

You can only start the PoF story with 80, but you can join a vet opening it. It says your story-progress will not be saved, but would you still unlock raptor and masteries?

You can start the story below level 80. (at least you could).

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Both. Good to attract new players, bad to teach new players.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Bad

Without the boost ppl wouldn't be able to get mounts early on, so mounts are not the issue

If anet wants to help ppl getting to 80, they could just give them a 20 hours 100% experience buff, that's more than enough to hit 80

This way ppl would have at least 10 hours played with a class before getting to "end game"

Then after that yeah, they can get their 80 tomes and after 1 100% map completition they could get their mounts in core tyria

• Good

I basically think it's ok for new players to have access to mounts, but personally I think everyone should have to level their first toon naturally, or at least time gate levels so a person on their first experiences in the game can't go from lvl 1 to lvl 80 in minuets, after the first toon yes I don't think hours in-game should have a bearing on being a lvl 80.
    It's odd to see people in WvW chat saying they just started playing the game a few days ago...and complain that they have to jump a few hoops to get a warclaw..., wait till they want a griffon! lol

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Then after that yeah, they can get their 80 tomes and after 1 100% map completition they could get their mounts in core tyria

good way to make people quit....
    I've played this game for 7 years, (well minus a 1 year break) ans I still haven't completed core Tyria... And you know what I probably never will. Locking mounts in core because of that is rediculous.

• Airdive.2613Airdive.2613 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good

Probably a less popular opinion: I think level-80 boosts are fine as there's nothing in GW 2 that can be gained by playing a lower-level character except artificially limiting yourself (due to the New Player Experience). Playing through the game (even the starting zones) as a complete character is actually going to teach you better.
    Mounts are sorta-bad (but not REALLY bad) in pre-PoF areas because they make it somewhat harder to see some brilliant map designs, but it's mostly a matter of preference.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭
    Bad

Like rock climbing.

You get ontop of a mountain with a helicopter, but the helicopter is a one off, and it doesn't help you get back down. You get the initial feeling of "Oh cool, I'm up the mountain now" and then the "Now what" sinks in, and you have no clue how to get back down and you're most likely still extremely bad at rock climbing

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Depends on the player, really. It's a complicated game but the process of levelling up doesn't teach you any more than you would learn at level 80. You can easily get to level 80 without learning all that much at all.

As you need to be level 80 to unlock gliding or mounts so the second part is largely irrelevant.

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019
    Good

I boosted a character just to get a mount asap. Still decided to level my first character normally tho. Regret doing that.
    It didn't teach me much like I expected. Because elite spec changes your skills and you stop fighting trash mobs so you gotta learn new stuff anyway if you want to be good at using your class.

• Good

Dont force anyone to play a certain way. Everyone experience is different so respect that. They will figure it out if they are really invested and enjoy the game.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

This only happens during the prime time at "event completer" maps, and even ppl with mounts sometimes can't get their hits for the event credit.

I still level all ny characters old way, no mounts in combat or to move around, so other ppl mounts aren't that much of a problem

Untrue.
    A friend of mine started playing the game 4 months ago. She of course started with no mount. So I, as I played with her, levelling her first toon did not use mine. Here are just a few examples:
    Any point defense that includes having to run between two entrances will have players raptoring up, canyon jumping past other players and using the overpowered engages.
    Any large groups of mobs are generally nuked down before new players can get tags in.
    Veterans use mounts to get to bosses in OW events and often melt them before those without mounts can get a hit in.

This is not just on "event completer" nights. This is every day, all day long.
    Unbind your mount key and go complete 3-4 core maps.

The meme that this "only happens on event completer" maps is just gatekeeping.

• Bad

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Untrue.
    A friend of mine started playing the game 4 months ago. She of course started with no mount. So I, as I played with her, levelling her first toon did not use mine. Here are just a few examples:
    Any point defense that includes having to run between two entrances will have players raptoring up, canyon jumping past other players and using the overpowered engages.
    Any large groups of mobs are generally nuked down before new players can get tags in.
    Veterans use mounts to get to bosses in OW events and often melt them before those without mounts can get a hit in.

lol. I have about 5 hours of gameplay in my youtube channel leveling up my mesmer with no mount and nothing of this happens, like the other guy said, you kinda lucky if there's anyone else doing events with you

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Untrue.

lol. I have about 5 hours of gameplay in my youtube channel leveling up my mesmer with no mount and nothing of this happens, like the other guy said, you kinda lucky if there's anyone else doing events with you

enjoy your gatekeeping then

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@crepuscular.9047 said:
    unlike linear progression games where all you care about is spamming skills and managing the resource pool

GW2 is about learning the mob mechanics, dodging, build setup base on the mobs you will be fighting, so there's a big learning curve

and Anet doesnt do a good job at teaching players, can you believe people still doesnt know how to do breakbars?
    it seems like Anet approach to people who are unwilling to learn and complaining about 'OMG! it's too hard, nerf or I will quit!' is giving more firepower, creating power creep, then have flow on effect to other areas of the game like PvP and WvW

This is the general problem, and why the 80boost is paradoxical in practice. For most games the early game and end game is only differentiated by "numbers". Stats on gear, number skills and talent tree stuff, size of parties, how much damage you do, and how much damage you can eat before dying.

GW2 is largely the same on the surface.... but theres many more concepts that are utterly abstract or non-existent in the WoW format, that this game gives you active control over. Evasion, Blocks, One-shot boons and conditions, and an extremely consistent rate of lethality through most of the game. HOT requires you to understand these upfront, but Core doesn't teach you the skills, because the way core content blocks were designed, it rarely mattered. POF suffers this same issue, but in a different way. Which is why most players think POF is better, because you die less.

You can't tank and spank your way to victory, and the game's buildcraft goes beyond skill stacking and rotation spamming. But whats frustrates both ends of the spectrum is that the game has progressively started presenting itself as a WoW alternative, attracting a player base now notoriously casual and afraid of discomfort. They come in on the presumption that "every game is like WoW with different graphics, and this game does nothing substantial to teach them important game mechanics; This was true at launch, and even more so now that new concepts are now baked into the baseline, but Core maps/missions rarely updated to reflect those. The only tutorial I can think of is the Dodge one in the starting zone.... which you have to stumble on by accident, and by then you're already used to simply soaking damage and healing over it. That should be either IN the Prologue , or right AFTER it as the first thing you see hitting open world.

I came across a player who spent roughly a minute trying to figure out how that tutorial worked, and I said in chat "you have to dodge through it"...... He dodged backwards once (because you do that when standing still), and then dodged forward. All of 5 seconds to teach a player that a critical game mechanic exists. This was a month ago....

The NPE/Leveling redesign does nothing to help this situation either. At best it sort of "tells" you things exist, but doesn't give you a reason to use it. It also really bad that several highly visual mechanics are metered out through this process, when its existence can be made and understood immediately upon encountering it; but then players misunderstand it, since disabling it until later levels makes it "inconstant" from what was previously established. Downed State is the biggest one. Weapon Skill bar unlocking only starting with auto attack, since AA on starting weapons have no sense of dynamics. The layout of Core-Trait/Skill unlocks of most classes following a power curve, but many early skills not being striking in terms of "limited buildcraft". This is on top of the fact that Traits don't make sense in the current system until you have at least 2 trait lines with Grandmasters.

The Vet players also get frustrated (as collateral damage) in light of changes made to simplify the system for broader appeal. The 3-trait line system has always been frustrating due to the Dev's ongoing struggle load balance power within it, and how classes are wildly inconstant in how their cross-line synergies are laid out. Ranger and Rev are incredibly aggravating in how single threaded you have to be, to get anywhere with them. Mesmer is the opposite, where you have you have too many build critical traits in constant competition with each other. Engineer gets too much force multiplication from single lines, leading to performance shutout (abilities not worth using) without them. A 3-line system is not bad unto itself... but the designers don't make the best use of it.

Players have to learn all this stuff on their own, Externally to the game..... and that runs at direct odds with the type of audience they're shooting for now. Boosting ironically broadcasts the idea that leveling is a long, drawn out task; and thus bypassing that "to get to the good stuff" is desirable. But the normal leveling route is also a struggle, since learning the game mechanics doesn't help accelerate the process. Its an odd conflict to have, since drawing out F2P play to get players overly invested is one goal.... but once they're on the pay side, rushing them to the end game with no knowledge of system quickly backfires. And ultimately this can't be solved via the current "we don't waste time updating old content" mindset, despite Core Tyria being the optimal place to do this in.

• With the lack of tutorials for specializations and the freedom to change and what works best with what class, a level 80 boost can be a nightmare. but to someone who actually cares to read up on everything their class does and wants access to everything to play with it all, it certainly is a great thing. Especially since the major game features don't open up until level 80.

• FrigginPaco.4178FrigginPaco.4178 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019
    Bad

So much of the game is discovered over time. The level 80 boost is one of the most incompatible concepts to ever hit GW2. This game levels fairly quickly compared to many other MMOs and frankly, it's more dangerous with a boost. Imagine a new player getting gunned down by Itzel Shadowkittens. Or worse! Pocket raptors and Hydras! It's a nightmare scenario.

Mounts are an incredible incentive to go beyond the main story, but man, the way things are organized and the way vanilla exists... I'll be surprised if people don't just skip it.

Potential requires action in order to be realized.

• Bad

I recommend new players do it once without boosting and without jumping ahead for mounts and gliders. Experience it at least once the way it was intended. I dragged a friend into the game, and I ran on foot with her until she reached gliding and mounts naturally. Now she's leveling a new character and can't believe she did without a mount before. lol It's a good experience. I still go on foot sometimes. Especially on my asura dragonhunter. She can kill anything that might jump her, and it amuses me to see things from her tiny perspective. Often I can't hardly see through the grass. :p

Good

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:
    I recommend new players do it once without boosting and without jumping ahead for mounts and gliders. Experience it at least once the way it was intended. I dragged a friend into the game, and I ran on foot with her until she reached gliding and mounts naturally. Now she's leveling a new character and can't believe she did without a mount before. lol It's a good experience. I still go on foot sometimes. Especially on my asura dragonhunter. She can kill anything that might jump her, and it amuses me to see things from her tiny perspective. Often I can't hardly see through the grass. :p

I see your point, but you forget an important difference between the past and now: Now you are surrounded by people using mounts
    I would rate it a totally frustrating experience, if I am forced to

• be much slower than everyone else, such that I never reach events before they are done
    • cannot party others, as they always run away,
    • party a newbie as mentor, that is painfully slow
    • have to spend a lot of time to climb vista, while others jump or fly up in a second

Mounts are now in core Tyria, either they should have been never added or the must be given to all that want them.

Just read the threads about the warclaw acquisition in WvW, to get an impression how bad such a 2 class system is.

• kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭
    Bad

On top of obvious reasons I'd also add that boosts also prevent veteran players from engaging with new and still leveling players.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

80 Boost: Not Good.
    Mounts: Good.

@Dayra.7405 said:
    Just read the threads about the warclaw acquisition in WvW, to get an impression how bad such a 2 class system is.

So glad I knew to get Warclaw before it was "required" for WvW.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.