Which CORE class would you nerf? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which CORE class would you nerf?

Thundabolt.8541Thundabolt.8541 Member ✭✭✭

Take away the expansions.

Out of sheer curiosity, what NON-Expansion class would you say is the most overpowered, and why? What would you change about it?

Which CORE class would you nerf? 77 votes

Warrior
46%
gebrechen.5643Stand The Wall.6987XenesisII.1540Chaba.5410Turk.5460Mini Crinny.6190Pterikdactyl.7630linamaria.1830EremiteAngel.9765HnRkLnXqZ.1870DeceiverX.8361Invictorum.7643Voltekka.2375hallonknopp.6532Zero.3871Bigpapasmurf.5623Nightshade.2570Oshi.9324Sobx.1758Noodica.5428 36 votes
Elementalist
2%
Vlad Morbius.1759Brando.1374 2 votes
Ranger
2%
rng.1024Regh.8649 2 votes
Engineer
1%
Thornwolf.9721 1 vote
Necromancer
1%
Engal.6359 1 vote
Mesmer
5%
jul.7602Justine.6351BadMed.3846Solnos.8045 4 votes
Revenant
1%
Offair.2563 1 vote
Guardian
10%
Glider.5792LINKAZZATORE.8135SpellOfIniquity.1780Kovu.7560Eme.2018Straegen.2938AlexVv.3965Weasel.9684 8 votes
Thief
28%
noot.8641Elmo Benchwarmer.3025Clownmug.8357Kirnale.5914juno.1840Fish.2769Baldrick.8967KeyOrion.9506Bzz.1904eLfocus.8961Jaruselka.5943Optimator.3589leahkeydyke.7290Avion Blade.4869Kunnari.9863Zahrak.6382bluberblasen.9684alain.1659Frenjo.9587SexyMofo.8923 22 votes

Comments

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

    All of the core classes are kinda balanced, except thief.
    Who ever thinks otherwise needs to.... play more GW2.
    The only class that would wreck everyone in a core vs core build it would be thief no doubt about it.

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

    Revenant isn't core, it came with HoT.

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • Warrior

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    All of the core classes are kinda balanced, except thief.
    Who ever thinks otherwise needs to.... play more GW2.
    The only class that would wreck everyone in a core vs core build it would be thief no doubt about it.

    I can understand why you said thief because they’re pretty much the class with the best chance to defeat a core warrior.

    I voted core warrior because they’re pretty beastly even against most HOT and POF specs. Not easy to prevent their AH heals which gives them pretty good sustain on top of high damage.

    The only 2 class that I see can fight evenly against a core warrior is thief and dragonhunter.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    All of the core classes are kinda trash, except thief and warrior.
    Who ever thinks otherwise needs to.... play more GW2.
    The only class that would wreck everyone in a core vs core build it would be warrior and thief no doubt about it.

    No seriously, core classes are garbage. The only exceptions besides these 2 would be guard and maybe staff ele in zergs only. Everything else is simply useless without elite spec.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

    This poll is pretty indistinguishable from a "which core classes are actually playable?" poll.

    There has been power creep since HoT release, and the pace of the game is now much faster than it was, that much is undeniable. So it doesn't surprise me that core classes that have skills that negate an opponent's burst entirely while they dps (warrior with stances) or that rely on outplaying the other guy, avoiding damage entirely rather than tanking (acro thief) or that have been at the centre of every single meta because of what they bring to group play (guardian) are still viable, and that classes that relied on either pure healing or passively soaking up damage (like ele and necro) are left in the dust somewhat.

    If anything, we should be asking what the other core classes need to bring them up to par without making their elite specs totally busted. Core ele, necro and engi certainly need the help.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

  • Warrior

    When we had the ability-swap week, one profession ability gave an insane boost to almost every player. The build or damage type did not really matter.

  • Guardian

    Guardians are still one of the strongest core classes. The only reason you don't see more of them is because of how insanely good FireBrand and DragonHunters are. Core Thief is viable sure but without DeadEye's Malicious Backstab setup or DareDevil's dodges, the core variant is just decent. Core Warrior is strong no doubt.

  • Thief

    There's no point nerfing core thief today, but six years ago it could've prevented all the power creep in other professions we see nowadays. Too bad a certain dev had to protect their baby, creating an arms race with their co-workers.

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    None. All of the core professions are fine as they are. We can all agree that thief is the most played core profession in high ranked PvP games out of any core profession, even more than guardian and warrior. If anything, most of the core professions should be buffed or reworked so they are viable not just in PvP, but in PvE and even WvW. Most people play the HoT or PoF elite specializations in fractals and raids and I'm getting tired of seeing dragonhunters, reapers, daredevils etc. most of the time. It would be nice to improve the core professions so we can have more build variety.

    Not saying that all of the core professions are bad in PvE, in fact some of them are really good like bannerslave warrior, guardian, condition engineer etc. The problem comes with the fact that those professions punish players harder than the elite specializations. Core guardian is just as good as dragonhunter as long as you have aegis so if you get hit, you lose your 20% damage increase, core engineer requires 4 kits and lots of skill memorization, something that holosmith doesn't need as much and if you mess up the rotations, your damage will be noticeably lower than any other profession in your party.

    Karras

  • Warrior

    It's warrior and thief... Both of these are few steps ahead of other core speces (dumb amount of damage, survivability, etc...).

  • Warrior

    war / teef, but war has less counters. except for a very well played teef, but they're a lot more rare then a decent war.

    Te lazla otstra.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @steki.1478 said:
    No seriously, core classes are garbage. The only exceptions besides these 2 would be guard and maybe staff ele in zergs only. Everything else is simply useless without elite spec.

    My Core Ranger that has never been spec'd want's to disagree with you :P

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    Warrior by far, it practically plays the game for you.

    After that then Sigil of Energy and Dodge food. Oh those aren't professions? Then core Thief.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • All of them. All the changes to traits/utilities over the years has made even the core classes victims of power creep.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019
    Warrior

    I was going to say Thief, but voted Warrior after being reminded of it by others here.

  • XatraZaytrax.2601XatraZaytrax.2601 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

    Where is the none option?

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mesmer

    When in doubt nerf Mesmer !

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @XatraZaytrax.2601 said:
    Where is the none option?

    This.. even the ones mentioned above (primarily thief and warrior) are not consistently outperforming their elite specs.

    Buff the other cores or reign in the elites.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    None. All of the core professions are fine as they are. We can all agree that thief is the most played core profession in high ranked PvP games out of any core profession, even more than guardian and warrior. If anything, most of the core professions should be buffed or reworked so they are viable not just in PvP, but in PvE and even WvW. Most people play the HoT or PoF elite specializations in fractals and raids and I'm getting tired of seeing dragonhunters, reapers, daredevils etc. most of the time. It would be nice to improve the core professions so we can have more build variety.

    Not saying that all of the core professions are bad in PvE, in fact some of them are really good like bannerslave warrior, guardian, condition engineer etc. The problem comes with the fact that those professions punish players harder than the elite specializations. Core guardian is just as good as dragonhunter as long as you have aegis so if you get hit, you lose your 20% damage increase, core engineer requires 4 kits and lots of skill memorization, something that holosmith doesn't need as much and if you mess up the rotations, your damage will be noticeably lower than any other profession in your party.

    This so much we need to buff the under performing core classes to make them viable instead of making core classes across all classes bad.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Warrior

    Playing Core Necro and Reaper most of the time but my vote is for warrior. By far the strongest core class (maybe next to thief) and the only core class that's on level with PoF fotm classes.

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Why is everyone calling for buffs on the core classes? We all agree that powercreep is a thing, right?

    Id say nerf everything else so its on the same level as core specs, just specialized in their own field.

    Also, i miss the "none" option. This poll is a "most viable poll"
    In pvp id say its thief, warrior and guard mixed in with some rangers

  • Warrior

    I voted warrior, though I am not sure I would nerf it, it is/was one of the better classes back then, it had just about everything with strong passives and easy rotations. It had very little down time from defensive/evasive uptime to offensive uptime. So you were always having to evade/block etc burst/CC OR you were having to chase or wait out endure pain or blocks etc. And in relation to many other classes that had less of everything else, healing signet was quiet strong back then.

    With that said, the gap was not as large as we have today with some classes. And while warrior was strong, I found them fun to fight still, as it was less cheese with huge tells on it's skills, so if you were paying attention, their rotations were easy to avoid.

    I voted Warrior, but if none was an option I would have picked that.

    "When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore


  • Asura. With their creepy little smiles and evil looking eyes. Definitely Asura.
    Oh wait! This thread is for bias and bigotry, right?

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So, @Thundabolt.8541 since you created a public poll and you voted warrior would you care to elaborate why?

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Warrior

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So, @Thundabolt.8541 since you created a public poll and you voted warrior would you care to elaborate why?

    As it's been stated, it's true that Warrior has a few more "I win" buttons than other classes.

    On one hand, it's good -- Warrior seems to be the class that has the most diversity. I see core warriors, berserkers and spellbreakers pretty much equally.

    On the other hand, it's bad -- I ONLY see Warrior with this equality.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Thundabolt.8541 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So, @Thundabolt.8541 since you created a public poll and you voted warrior would you care to elaborate why?

    As it's been stated, it's true that Warrior has a few more "I win" buttons than other classes.

    On one hand, it's good -- Warrior seems to be the class that has the most diversity. I see core warriors, berserkers and spellbreakers pretty much equally.

    On the other hand, it's bad -- I ONLY see Warrior with this equality.

    Agreed. But it is not outperforming other elite specs. So while I would agree that while warrior is the best, it’s more of a ‘best of the worst’ situation.

    Bring elite specs in line with core specs. Both by small buffs to core, and tweak type needs to elites. (Not every elite...)

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019
    Guardian

    Warrior, but I had to vote Guardian because its not seeing nearly enough love on this poll.
    We're not just talking about roaming specs here, guardian is (and has always) brought more to large group play than any other profession.
    Thief is a worthy pick though. They've received the least amount of power creep via elite specs since HoT's release, the core profession would do exceptionally well against most other core professions in small scale. My opinion is so-so on core Mesmer, they're probably next after the above three.

    ~ Kovu

    Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

  • Now going back to core skills and traits it is a toss up between Guard and Thief now that is before the all the balance patches

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

    Lmao with the nerf warrior... The best build options are for melee, but playing melee in gw2 stinks bc you eat a carp ton of damage, half your skills miss because players don’t stand still and if they didn’t have the extra tools to survive they would be worse than melee reaper in wvw. And melee necros are a complete joke.

    Warriors are actually in a decent place, aside from the junky ranged options and lack of mid ranged weapons. I’m all for adjusting warrior if more ranged options were added, and some improved, but as is they are designed pretty well. Warriors are also a fun to fight against, unlike a bunch of other “wacky” builds out there.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    Lmao with the nerf warrior... The best build options are for melee, but playing melee in gw2 stinks bc you eat a carp ton of damage, half your skills miss because players don’t stand still and if they didn’t have the extra tools to survive they would be worse than melee reaper in wvw. And melee necros are a complete joke.

    Warriors are actually in a decent place, aside from the junky ranged options and lack of mid ranged weapons. I’m all for adjusting warrior if more ranged options were added, and some improved, but as is they are designed pretty well. Warriors are also a fun to fight against, unlike a bunch of other “wacky” builds out there.

    What is a warrior? That can’t be a warrior??? o.O
    It should tb the meta classe where anet balance the game arround but sadly they use Mesmer for that.

    Warrior needs to be strong by its nature of being warriors XD

  • Warrior

    I like how core necro and reapers have had zero votes so far in both the polls.
    I think it shows that we’re a relatively balanced class.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Engal.6359Engal.6359 Member ✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    I meant to put war. The invuln chain is out of line.

  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

    None Nerfing is just a poor lazy way to balance things

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.