Hi, can i get a dark theme for the forum? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hi, can i get a dark theme for the forum?

Having all white backgorund is burning my eyes.
I use chrome plugins to switch it to dark mode, but obviusly it doesn't work as good as a native dark theme for the forums.

Pretty please?

Comments

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭

While it has been almost 2 years since the post below and Gaile no longer works for Anet here is what she said about a Night mode (if that is what you mean by a dark theme).

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/225456/#Comment_225456

About "Night Mode: " From what I understand, we have so much customization and so many individually-created design elements on this forum that adding a night mode is not feasible. I do know that others also have requested such an option, but with regret, it will not be something that we can offer now or in the future.

• @JustTrogdor.7892 said:
    While it has been almost 2 years since the post below and Gaile no longer works for Anet here is what she said about a Night mode (if that is what you mean by a dark theme).

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/225456/#Comment_225456

About "Night Mode: " From what I understand, we have so much customization and so many individually-created design elements on this forum that adding a night mode is not feasible. I do know that others also have requested such an option, but with regret, it will not be something that we can offer now or in the future.

Oh that's dissapointing. Still thank you so much for the quick help.

• Duckota.4769Duckota.4769 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019

I was able to achieve this with the 'Super Dark Mode' extension for chrome. It adds a button to your browser to toggle it on and off and attempts to shift every web page to dark mode while on with varying degrees of success.

While it is not perfect it suits my needs nicely.
    Image 1:

Image 2:

Edit: I know you said you used chrome plugins already. I was simply sharing my experience with them (with images attached) for anyone else who may be interested.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks now I dont have to squint to see stuff

• I use Night Mode Pro. It works on the forums for most things. I only wish, with the latest update, they hadn't changed the 'button' from blue to grey.

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭

Im not sure why this isnt the normal page colour now... White pages are stupidly painful for long periods of time.
    Even Youtube has nightmode.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.