HOW TO FIX DPS/ELITIST CHECK ON RAIDS — Guild Wars 2 Forums

HOW TO FIX DPS/ELITIST CHECK ON RAIDS

just remove downed stats from raids, that will bring a new level of difficult also will punish players that go full dps and don't bring healers and tanks with them

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

What are you even talking about and how does it relate to the title?

People who care about that stuff don't really wipe anyway. That's why they want experienced people in the first place.

Bite me.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this 2012 and talking about dungeons?

• That would increase toxicity instead of lowering it. You have no idea how raids work. Will also make scrapper mechanic completely useless. I mean even more. Do you even know how tanks in this game work?

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SeikeNz.3526 said:
    just remove downed stats from raids, that will bring a new level of difficult also will punish players that go full dps and don't bring healers and tanks with them

I take it that you haven’t raided before? Everyone brings a tank and healer(s). You should also see what full defensive stats actually provide over full offensive stats.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is kind of obvious that topic creator has never raided before in GW2.

FYI SeikeNz, regular raids are setup with:

• 2 healers (druid+x in general)
    • 2 further supports bringing the other boons which the healers do not bring (chrono, renegade, firebrand, etc)
    • 1 banner warrior (which is technically a intermediate between support and dps)
    • 5 dps

Your suggestion makes absolutely no sense and would not in any way achieve whatever goal you were aiming for (I'm going to assume you believe that raids are run by 10 dps with no defensive gear without supports, that's how your suggestion reads). Suffice to say, you are hilariously misinformed.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Removing all healers always fixes every single problem about balance or gameplay.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Making things more difficult = people expect more from others and that's why some players are toxic.

Commander, to ME!

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

1. people are already taking tanks and healers, if you haven't noticed
    2. what you propose would make the requirements higher, not lower.

The only way to make people have lower/no requirements for raids is to lower the difficulty of the content. Only when players will no longer feel potential lower skill of others might cause problems with finishing the content will they stop using requirements meant to guarantee that basic skill level they think they need.
    And, frankly, raids currently are at a difficulty level where feeling thus is justified. As long as that part remains true, the checks will remain as well.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

• Try fighting VG with a player that pulls in the red orbs.
    • Try fighting Sabetha where a player fails to move bomb off group or throw greens for cannons.
    • Try fighting Sloth where a player with fixation doesn’t move the boss properly or drop poison away from group.
    • Try fighting Mathias where a player doesn’t drop the well off group. Or more recently, a mirage that can’t reflect properly and constantly gets downed.
    • Try fighting KC with a player that always attacks orb, doesn’t split from group when having the AoE, and/or properly position the projections when they have fixation.
    • Try fighting Xera with someone that doesn’t use the shield properly when given the special action ability.
    • Try fighting Deimos with a player that always steps on oils.
    • Try fighting Dhuum with a player that doesn’t split when tethered to another player, explodes bomb on group, or doesn’t collect orbs quickly (including big one) when doing greens.
    • Try fighting Largos where someone doesn’t drop pools at end of platform.

Those are a handful of mechanics that I can think of off the top of my head where an inexperienced player can greatly hinder the group or even cause a wipe. There are many others that affect a player’s individual performance such as constantly getting ported at VG. Having defensive stats doesn’t really help with any of these.

• give under achievers more rewards.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.