Players in a Structure or who participated in capture should all be rewarded on capture — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Players in a Structure or who participated in capture should all be rewarded on capture

Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Players in a Structure or who participated in capture should all be rewarded on capture.

Not just people in the circle.

Its been like this for a long time, but I have always hated this. Especially when I am one of the people defending the hole in the wall while the circle is being captured. I get no bonus WvW Exp even if I helped kill the Structure Lord NPC.

Comments

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

You only need to kill a single guard to get rewarded if someone else capture it an hour later even if you're across the map.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Players who participate in the game should be awarded participation.

"and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy"
    -- H. P. Lovecraft - Celephais

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

I breathed the air in tyria, gib me legendary. Nyuknyuknyuk

• As long as you either kill a guard or tag the lord, you should get credit for the capture without being in the circle. I've done this plenty of times.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just stood there one'ing the floor and am now poor

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Of note, if I translated correctly, he got a champ bag, and didn’t get tower credit. Been there, had it happen..

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've joined a squad and seen them on keep Lord,
    Killed a guard and got objective captured reward.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Of note, if I translated correctly, he got a champ bag, and didn’t get tower credit. Been there, had it happen..

How'd you manage to get kill credit on the Lord.... Oh you/he meant for a daily I assume?
    Yeah just stand in the circle of it matters.. if the realm is more important, forgo.

Decide what's important without wasting Dev time

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fights>Capture credit. So if you were fighting in the breach and killing nerds, you should be satisfied. It's certainly more fun than PvE/stand in a circle.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• There seem to be different thresholds for getting a champ bag from the lord and getting kill credit for capture purposes. I've soloed lords, left the circle, and received capture credit. I've participated in group kills of the lord, left the circle, received the bag, and not received capture credit.

To be safe now, I kill a guard or two at every structure as I roam around the map. That hasn't failed me yet. I've even left maps, came back, and received capture credit that way.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

How'd you manage to get kill credit on the Lord.... Oh you/he meant for a daily I assume?

Honestly don’t know. Happened once or twice but really, it’s so rare I chalk it up to a glitch and it doesn’t matter.

Yeah just stand in the circle of it matters.. if the realm is more important, forgo.

Yep. Sounds like he was fighting off players from getting in the circle so he got the better deal.

Decide what's important without wasting Dev time

Which, for us is... well.. do they actually have time for us?? 😁

Thank You for the {MEME}

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.