Make EOTM great again — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Make EOTM great again

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 12, 2019 in WvW

Reduce current server numbers from 12 to 6. Only 2 tiers needed.

Make EOTM a Core class only map. No elite specs. No mounts. No gliding. Give pips to EOTM. Return classic vanilla gameplay to EOTM.

Players who prefer pre-Hot/POF gameplay can play in EOTM.
Shouldn’t be hard to disable elite specs, mounts and gliding just for the map I think.

Players who prefer elite specs can now play in a more compact double tier 6 servers environment.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

Make EOTM great again 31 votes

Yes
38%
AllNightPlayer.1286lokh.2695Baggio.5417Acheron.4731displayname.8315aceofbass.2163AlexVv.3965kiri.1467Engal.6359Blanger.3162deffy.1320Cbranton.5384 12 votes
No
54%
Loosmaster.8263LetoII.3782Aeolus.3615Liston.9708Voltekka.2375CrimsonNeonite.1048Bigpapasmurf.5623Cambeleg.7632Simzani.4318LeonieAlexia.3750Nekhbet.7681Visiroth.5914Snacky.5031Nirari.4827Excursion.9752SexyMofo.8923c space cowboy.2764 17 votes
Others
6%
TheGrimm.5624Sovereign.1093 2 votes

Comments

• No

Need to focus on the main BL's and balances first before EotM specifically is touched imo

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

No. Won’t vote because dumb-young cat public poll.

EoTM hasn’t changed OTHER than getting rid of Base experience.

Reward tracks, world XP, achievements., still active.

Put the time and manpower into WvW.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• No

This map stopped having some sense long time ago. Instead of wasting resources in this map, remove it or make it PvE.

• @phokus.8934 said:
    It was never great. It was just a k-train when leveling characters was a thing and for people to quickly level their wvw rank.

My first day in Eotm, I destroyed four enemy zergs. They called me a troll. I called it strategic and sound combat ability of mass stupidity of a bunch of fools that stood under an operational oil....and refused to move out from under it. If i'm in a location, and I need to defend it, i'm going to defend it with what siege I have. Those Karma Train fools learned the hard way. But it's probably the best lesson they learned. Don't stand under siege.

• @KeyOrion.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:
    It was never great. It was just a k-train when leveling characters was a thing and for people to quickly level their wvw rank.

My first day in Eotm, I destroyed four enemy zergs. They called me a troll. I called it strategic and sound combat ability of mass stupidity of a bunch of fools that stood under an operational oil....and refused to move out from under it. If i'm in a location, and I need to defend it, i'm going to defend it with what siege I have. Those Karma Train fools learned the hard way. But it's probably the best lesson they learned. Don't stand under siege.

My greatest archievement is winning from people who fought back

Guess alot is possible in wvw/eotm

• No

OR they could spend resources developing real wvw

• Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

I wouldn't mind seeing eotm serve as a core class only server
    +1

A true friend of the crown

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

add pips and scores affecting all servers.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Eotm as core class only would be interesting but I'd prefer WvW to be the main focus for improvements.

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• @Sovereign.1093 said:

Pips should stay where WvW actually is, Not a map that was designed for people in a large que into a WvW map

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Pips should stay where WvW actually is, Not a map that was designed for people in a large que into a WvW map

nah, wvw is eotm. since there is no tournament. pve x pk areas.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.