RIP EOTM — Guild Wars 2 Forums

RIP EOTM

Edge of the mists been pretty dead, also i dont understand why team chat was add since eotm is a side wvw map. I had so much fun in there as in the begining, when i started get into wvw also you could lvl up (for me was great since lvl up in pve was so boring)! But nowdays nothing going on there no one palying it what is a pity, for starters, people who wanna start get into wvw is a great map for it but anet neglects wvw in general...they could restructure it or make some unique events in there to drive more people into wvw, revive eotm!

<1

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Your title says it all. Rest In Peace.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

They do almost nothing for regular WvW, they're sure not going to waste what time they have on that map seeing how it's a que map.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kalysha.4571 said:
    Edge of the mists been pretty dead, also i dont understand why team chat was add since eotm is a side wvw map. I had so much fun in there as in the begining, when i started get into wvw also you could lvl up (for me was great since lvl up in pve was so boring)! But nowdays nothing going on there no one palying it what is a pity, for starters, people who wanna start get into wvw is a great map for it but anet neglects wvw in general...they could restructure it or make some unique events in there to drive more people into wvw, revive eotm!

It wasn't the neglect that killed EoTM. It was Anet's own changes that killed it.

This is why I am a firm believer that Developer's actions dictate player’s action in any game.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:
    It wasn't the neglect that killed EoTM. It was Anet's own changes that killed it.

It wasnt killed. It was stillborn.

EoTM was requested and desired by the community to solve one thing - the absolutely broken queue system. We wanted to WvW while not suffering a queue that let people in on random.

Then just before EoTM was released... Anet fixed the queue system.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

Loot train follows the path of least resistance and abandons all others.

Never understood the desire to be bored in a game.. I mean, you can get paid for mindless remedial tasks.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kalysha.4571 said:

eotm has no pips :/ so notmany players.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Kalysha.4571 said:

This is why I am a firm believer that Developer's actions dictate player’s action in any game.

Other than removing base experience, what changes did Anet do to kill it?

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Kalysha.4571 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Kalysha.4571 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

Wasn’t in EoTM to begin with. Not an answer to my question.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Kalysha.4571 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

Yes you found a YouTube video of people in EoTM (good for you! 🙂) after the removal of experience.

And you claim that it was pips..

If that were actually true, we would have seen a huge boost to WvW population after pips. How’d that work out?

Thank You for the {MEME}

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yes you found a YouTube video of people in EoTM (good for you! 🙂) after the removal of experience.

If that were actually true, we would have seen a huge boost to WvW population after pips. How’d that work out?

dood you're talking to yourself and its awkward.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Dood.. u interrupting my mono-dialogue!!

😡

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Dood.. u interrupting my mono-dialogue!!

😡

:P :-)

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

• Forgotten Legend.9281Forgotten Legend.9281 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

i'd personally like to see EotM become one of the borderlands, replacing one of the alpine maps... and then the NEW "queue map" could simply be chosen randomly each week, from the four main maps. (EBG, Alpine, EotM, Desert) EDIT: can you discern that i abhor playing on Alpine Borderlands?

imagine EotM with real WvW battles, instead of the boring K-train. but of course, the K-train would still exist on whichever map was selected as the Queue Map for the week.

"Bacon Defeciency DIsorder Sux"
    ~ The Baconnaire

• Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

@c space cowboy.2764 said:
    Might as well change EOTM to WvW in your title.

Or GW2, ANET, Hope, confidence....lot's of options there

A true friend of the crown

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Kalysha.4571 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

pips wasnt in wvw in the beginning too, but was added but not in eotm. hence killed eotm.

i suppose i can find it possible that you dont understand your own question.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Kalysha.4571 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

lost players who love eotm. :/ who says those guys would play wvw? but wvw now has new players testing it and old ppl leaving. why? preference.

• KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

I went into Edge of the Mist just into the third year. I only came back out again after they launched the Legendary Backpiece for WvW. And literally the Edge of the Mist emptied out in order to get the backpiece. By the time we got the backpiece and went back to EotM...damage was done. Some people were just still grinding for the backpiece, and learning you needed ranks. Then you also had some wishing to get the Legendary WvW armor. Same thing. Required lots of resources and work. HOWEVER...if you are in a guild, and you need to Train in Assault or Defense of a wall or tower location....Edge of the Mist is still a good option for training purposes. There's very few zergs that will appear in that map do actually do anything. So Edge of the Mist still has a purpose. Training in defense/assault. Training in running a target down. Hell I suppose if you really wanted to , you could have a large option GvG field....although you still have Obsidian Sanctum for that GvG kitten. Although in Edge of the Mist, if your Guilds are not on the same colored level...conceivably you could fight another guild from an option of six other servers. Be aware, that if your interested in this method of GvG...yes it is possible, no I have not seen it used for that purpose THAT MUCH....but yes I have seen it...just be aware that you as a WvW guild would be taking away your firepower from the server that you help support on Eternal Battlegrounds and The Borderlands.

• I liked EOTM in the past. If Anet now made the rewards on this map the same as on other maps of the WvW, it seems to me that many would love to play in this place. Pleasant variety:)

i loved it, especially when your server has little to no population, eotm always had some before.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

EoTM was a waste of effort from the get go. Same as the desert map. Likewise in PvP stronghold was an absolute waste too.
    It's history and hope Anet learns from it. Don't invest in content that is not required. Variety splits the player base and the new content seekers only enjoy new stuff for a very limited period of time.

@BadMed.3846 said:
    EoTM was a waste of effort from the get go. Same as the desert map. Likewise in PvP stronghold was an absolute waste too.
    It's history and hope Anet learns from it. Don't invest in content that is not required. Variety splits the player base and the new content seekers only enjoy new stuff for a very limited period of time.

what is your basis?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

Go into EoTM and see it for yourself. Good luck if you enjoy it there.

I only see ppters excited about desert BLs. Most pvpers ignore stronghold altogether.

What other basis do you need? Stats? Happy for Anet to share. I talk from experience.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

I only see ppters excited about desert BLs. Most pvpers ignore stronghold altogether.

What other basis do you need? Stats? Happy for Anet to share. I talk from experience.

so you have no basis for the cause?

of course ppl do ppt in wvw, it is a ppt mode with pk.

sure i go to eotm every now and then for nostalgic purposes.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

I have basis for the cause. Please read again. I hope you will get it after a few reads.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

I have basis for the cause. Please read again. I hope you will get it after a few reads.

what is your basis except for experience? because if that is your basis, i can counter it by saying, well i experienced different. =p

now give me some data.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

what is your basis except for experience? because if that is your basis, i can counter it by saying, well i experienced different. =p

now give me some data.

Go play EoTM for an hour. You'll have your data. Good luck.

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

@BadMed.3846 said:

It's no longer possible, nearly no one is there since PIPS got added to WvW and not to EotM.

Usage of EotM was nevertheless interesting.

1) It got developed to give WvW-player in queue some action
    2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.
    3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,
    4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.
    5) ANet reduced WEXP in EotM below WvW, still a lot player preferred EotM
    6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)
    7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appeared to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime
    8) ANet added Pips to WvW, but not to EotM, and killed EotM by that
    9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

We can learn: the current 20 (EU)/16 (NA) maps cannot be filled 24/7, a demand driven allocation of maps as in EotM produces better game-play.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

now give me some data.

that is not proof. :/ you dont know what your talking about do you?

@Dayra.7405 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

It's no longer possible, nearly no one is there since PIPS got added to WvW and not to EotM.

2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.
    3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,
    4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.
    6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)
    7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appears to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime
    9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

We can learn: the current 20 (EU)/16 (NA) maps cannot be filled 24/7, a demand driven allocation of maps as in EotM produces better game-play.

i agree. :3

My prefered future of EotM and WvW:

• PIPS/Skirmishes and the EB-Map are added to EotM-Mode (EotM-Mode = a match last 1 skirmish, afterwards maps are closed, new maps are allocated based on demand), team assignment is changed from WvW-color, to: squad/party/player formed in PvE is added to the smallest Team
    • WvW (24/7 matches on the 4 WvW-maps) get reduced to 1 tier of Alliances relinked every week

@Dayra.7405 said:
    My prefered future of EotM and WvW:

• PIPS/Skirmishes and the EB-Map are added to EotM-Mode (EotM-Mode = a match last 1 skirmish, afterwards maps are closed, new maps are allocated based on demand)
    • WvW get reduced to 1 tier of Alliances relinked every week

im willing to try that.

what devs must do is allow some beta testing.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

no PIPS, no exp. And you ask why it is "rip" ??

now wvw is the new eotm but unlike eotm the server with the most consistent and populated timezone will win.

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    now wvw is the new eotm but unlike eotm the server with the most consistent and populated timezone will win.

Now is since 6 years (at least outside prime) :)

Btw.: Did the GvG fans ever noted the arena-map added to EotM, that allows GvGs from guilds of different colors (independent of the tier they are in)?
    I just noted it yesterday, but it was as empty as the rest of EotM.

@Dayra.7405 said:
    Btw.: Did the GvG fans ever noted the arena-map added to EotM, that allows GvGs from guilds of different colors (independent of the tier they are in)?
    I just noted it yesterday, but it was as empty as the rest of EotM.

well, gvg isnt as popular i suppose, anymore.

• @lare.5129 said:
    no PIPS, no exp. And you ask why it is "rip" ??

And don't forget no mount or gliding in EoTM either.
    We have a group that still runs EoTM every night, mostly to help new players get fast reward track completion for the Warclaw, most nights it takes around 30 min to cap every tower and keep if we have a mes for ports with little to no resistance except for vet NPCs so it's quick and fast....surprisingly most nights it's 20+ people in the party.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dayra.7405 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appeared to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime

OR pvers who 95% frequented eotm had no interest whatsoever in wvw, did it for the big rewards they reaped pve style, and promptly left when said rewards (pve rewards) got nerfed, as eotm was supposed to be a wvw mode. I was playing eotm for a while, and I can assure you that fights were scarce and only happened when a skirmish was about to end, as a last troll fight. And eotm frequenters would never step foot in actual WvW cause, guess what, they were gonna be rallybots. And many people dont like pvp elements when they pve. Which is the part exactly they didnt do in eotm. Pvp.

Maybe you missed phase 7) (in EU, no clue if it existed in NA) but at that time WvW during offtime was at best one map-jumping-zerg per side, and they played search and hide by map-hopping (as one of the 3 was usually much larger than the other 2) and karma-train in WvW (i.e. as today, except that not every side has a zerg anymore :)) .
    At that time (and only at that time and in EU, no clue about NA) EotM during offtime had a filled map with Zergs finding and fighting each other.
    Pure PvE people had mostly left EotM at point 6).

@Dayra.7405 said:
    Maybe you missed phase 7) (in EU, no clue if it existed in NA) but at that time WvW during offtime was at best one map-jumping-zerg per side, and they played search and hide by map-hopping (as one of the 3 was usually much larger than the other 2) and karma-train in WvW (i.e. as today, except that not every side has a zerg anymore :)) .
    At that time (and only at that time and in EU, no clue about NA) EotM during offtime had a filled map with Zergs finding and fighting each other.
    Pure PvE people had mostly left EotM at point 6).

I didnt miss anything. I was daily in eotm maps, levelled many chars, and I can only remember what? 5 fights in 4 months? I can understand people not liking it when their favorite farmmap is nerfed, much like Istan or Multiloot tarir, I can understand people farming the hell outta something that gives em most rewards for the time the spend there (eotm had full pve and wvw rewards). Now its just SOME wvw rewards. I mean its not hard to understand why people left when rewards were nerfed. If they enjoyed the "fights" or whatever else, they would have stayed.
    Guess what, they didnt.

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    I didnt miss anything. I was daily in eotm maps, levelled many chars,

That was NOT possible in phase 7, you did not got EXP in phase 7 :)

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Dunno what "phase 7" was, but maps were severely diminished after pve rewards were nerfed. After that I turned to reg wvw, full time

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Dunno what "phase 7" was,

Lol, you just said, you haven't read/understood what you have cited and argued against :)

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

OR pvers who 95% frequented eotm had no interest whatsoever in wvw, did it for the big rewards they reaped pve style, and promptly left when said rewards (pve rewards) got nerfed, as eotm was supposed to be a wvw mode. I was playing eotm for a while, and I can assure you that fights were scarce and only happened when a skirmish was about to end, as a last troll fight. And eotm frequenters would never step foot in actual WvW cause, guess what, they were gonna be rallybots. And many people dont like pvp elements when they pve. Which is the part exactly they didnt do in eotm. Pvp.

wasnt much different in wvw to be honest. it was the war of the most loot.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

Big difference. WvW bags are about fight. EoTM was mindless ktrain for PvE.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

I can agree with that, whenever i visted eotm ppl just tried to get their pve loot, from time to time you had a commander who wanted to fight, but often none of the pve kittens pushed with him and got wiped and instantly looked for a map were the karmatrain was still going smoothly.

Never noticed that "phase7" (which btw sounds very much made up, and im on eu servers)

Eotm with pips would just draw more pve player and some wvw player (who tell themself that its still a wvw mode) into it and split the wvw player even more, so there would be even less ppl on the normal wvw maps.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

Big difference. WvW bags are about fight. EoTM was mindless ktrain for PvE.

but wvw is pve with a pk mechanic like eotm.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.