Miss an old class mechanic

Moldy Smurf.6372

Something I haven't seen in GW2 that I miss from GW1 is the item carry with boosted drop effect from the Ritualist. Can we get a nice elite spec (Maybe Revenant?) with this mechanic. It could still have some lore-ish flow to it, since most of the items in GW1 were ashes and the Revenant deals will channeling powers of others. I would also love an SoS type build again, but that isn't as unique as the ashes build (and some would say SoS was way over-played by the community).

I miss Hexes, I realise they cannot be added the way they were in GW1 but it might be nice to add a few Mesmer Hexes for a future expansion. I would think the best you could return are Diversion, Frustration, Spirit Shackles, Guilt, Mind Wrack and Fragility. These would be balanced around current skills; Diversion adding 5sec or 33% whichever is higher, Spirit Shackles & Guilt draining endurance on skill usage (yes, draining dodge resources), Mind Wrack deals damage on empty endurance.

Since they will be essentially unremovable these need definitely PvP/PvE split skills and PvE enemies will need to have endurance added to them (probably one of the biggest barriers to implementation).

I got super excited when I saw Fragility in the last Living Story, alas hopes were dashed. Can always hold out hope :D

Archived