bring full party ranked q back

garkos.2973

bring it back.

so many people are pissed at theyoloq teammates, at matchmanipulation and and and,

one of the most fun times was when you could q up with 5 friends and just play the game for fun , this duoq thing is simply making people toxic

retarded and trying to abuse shit left and right,

others think they should be r1 and go afk after the first tf is lost and simply blame their teammates.

esport is dead, so at least make it fun , make it possible to paly ranked with 4 friends and have a good time

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it always amused me that we went from people complaining about losing to premades to people complaining about losing because of bad teammates.

I mean I knew it would happen, but it doesn't make it any less funny.

solo queue heroes w no social skills will cry regardless of what actually happens. they will always want to blame their losses on something lol. why anet thought they could placate them, I will never know.

@choovanski.5462 said:it always amused me that we went from people complaining about losing to premades to people complaining about losing because of bad teammates.

solo queue heroes w no social skills will cry regardless of what actually happens. they will always want to blame their losses on something lol. why anet thought they could placate them, I will never know.

Is facing a premade as a pug generally a satisfying experience?

Is being mismatched into an under performing team generally a satisfying experience?

Would Anet make enough money to keep the servers open without us casuals?

@troops.8276 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:it always amused me that we went from people complaining about losing to premades to people complaining about losing because of bad teammates.

Is being mismatched into an under performing team generally a satisfying experience?

That's nothing more than a scapegoat. In later seasons Anet heavily stacked the odds against premades, if a 5 man team faced a duo and trio then those would be several hundred ratings above the former. It was basically a handicap to play as a premade.

Still, this duo/solo restriction killed the community. That's when everything went to kitten, streamers left, teams disbanded, and people started caring less and less about their ranks. Killing teams killed the competitive aspect of PvP.

Banishing 5mans to unranked is ridiculous, it shoul've been the other way around. It's not fun to fight a guild team of 5 as new players (and in unranked full solo can face a full premade, in ranked that was not the case).

ATs are nice but they aren't a replacement.

@troops.8276 said:

that's a superficially clever comment. yes anet cares about the casuals, but not the ones you're talking about. they care about the PvE casuals. they don't give a hoot about PvP.

as far as the fun factor goes. it's just not about 'matchmaker roulette' vs 'farmed by the 5 man'. there was another option. it's called playing an mmo like an mmo. socially

I've got friends. I played in premades of all sizes. played with great players, and players so bad they would throw all our games. played just causal duo with no coms, and played full 5 man w comp and roles. all of it was better than solo queue roulette.

why? because I could farm randos?not really dude. winning is fun regardless. I just like to be social. I have friends. we make jokes, it's just some real human fun. very stone age.and yeah, having control over some degree of your comp is amazing. you know what people are playing and you can tactically coordinate. it's much more fun, and much deeper tactically.

that's the big benefit to premades tbh. it gives you a deeper combat experience, and a different perspective on the game.it stops being about frustrating 1v1s at far. rage in the chat. teamates walking one by one into 1v4. 1v1s with counter builds. all that terrible solo queue stuff you have to deal with. that's all gone.you can threoy craft a team comp. plan splits. actually be able to count on your team to focus, and res. rotate to into better matchups, and have more frequent and effective +1s. it's a whole new level. it's much more fun, and like- as frustrating as you make it. that part really depends on your teammates, and your attitudes... to like, everything (pretty helpful if you're chill dudes).

but yeah, loads of people didn't do it. then instead of forming teams, or even like a casual 3 man (warrior, druid, thief is a cool one) they got salty and cried on the forums. they all came together and cried. so many of them. tons of them. and they were all talking to each other about how salty they were that a team beat them. they talked about it to each other.but guess what.

NO! WRONG!they didn't form team. no why would they do that lol. did you think they wanted to win or something. nope. they just formed a giant river out of their tears.

like oh my goodness. they could get together to complain about losing to premades. but they couldn't get together to form a premade. like wow. I'm actually astounded.

it's not like it's hard.if you see someone in map chat being salty or, like just kind of bummed out about losing to a premade- whisper him. wow easy.or like, it doesn't even have to be a particular dude. could just be a guy who said something funny in map chat, or a guy with cool armour. how about that guy that played really well in your last game- you could ask that guy. he could be keen.heck, you can even just type in map chat.it's not hard or stressful to talk to people in an mmo. it's what they are for it's a social game, people expect to be talked to.soon you'll have 20 or so people who you know and like in PvP that you can queue with. then you have some sort premade most of the time you're playing. and like, you make friends dude. that's a really cool thing man. friendship is awesome.

but like, nope. they would rather play a 5v5 team game with roles (DPS and supports ffs) with matchmaker roulette. anet's special brand too.actually unbelievable.

then they come and complain about matchmaking and their teammates on the forum. actually wow. y'all got the solution removed from the game :3 B) ;)

like, I know this comes off a bit salty. but I'm well past any deep caring for this game. I've got some nostalgic feelings, sure. but that's it.I know it's a sinking ship. I didn't even buy PoF. this game is like whatever now. used to be really good but not anymore.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

That's nothing more than a scapegoat. In later seasons Anet heavily stacked the odds against premades, if a 5 man team faced a duo and trio then those would be several hundred ratings above the former. It was basically a handicap to play as a premade.

Still, this duo/solo restriction killed the community. That's when everything went to kitten, streamers left, teams disbanded, and people started caring less and less about their ranks. Killing teams killed the competitive aspect of PvP.

Banishing 5mans to unranked is ridiculous, it shoul've been the other way around. It's not fun to fight a guild team of 5 as new players (and in unranked full solo can face a full premade, in ranked that was not the case).

I follow everything except the scapegoat part. I never offered those three questions as justification or an excuse for how things are, merely as things that are part of the reality of the situation and do need taken into account. I'm not pretending I know all the answers as so many on the forums here do.

@choovanski.5462 said:solo queue heroes w no social skills will cry regardless of what actually happens. they will always want to blame their losses on something lol. why anet thought they could placate them, I will never know.

Doesn't really have anything to do with social skills, more to do with time and inclination, after all unemployed basement dwellers incapable of forming real relationships still living with their parents still manage to team up in video games, where as a guy with a career, wife, kids, etc can find the bother of forming a team a pain if their playing time often consists of just fitting a couple of games in here and there, because they actually have this thing called a life.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@troops.8276 said:

that's a superficially clever comment. yes anet cares about the casuals, but not the ones you're talking about. they care about the PvE casuals. they don't give a hoot about PvP.

as far as the fun factor goes. it's just not about 'matchmaker roulette' vs 'farmed by the 5 man'. there was another option. it's called playing an mmo like an mmo. socially

I've got friends. I played in premades of all sizes. played with great players, and players so bad they would throw all our games. played just causal duo with no coms, and played full 5 man w comp and roles. all of it was better than solo queue roulette.

why? because I could farm randos?not really dude. winning is fun regardless. I just like to be social. I have friends. we make jokes, it's just some real human fun. very stone age.and yeah, having control over some degree of your comp is amazing. you know what people are playing and you can tactically coordinate. it's much more fun, and much deeper tactically.

that's the big benefit to premades tbh. it gives you a deeper combat experience, and a different perspective on the game.it stops being about frustrating 1v1s at far. rage in the chat. teamates walking one by one into 1v4. 1v1s with counter builds. all that terrible solo queue stuff you have to deal with. that's all gone.you can threoy craft a team comp. plan splits. actually be able to count on your team to focus, and res. rotate to into better matchups, and have more frequent and effective +1s. it's a whole new level. it's much more fun, and like- as frustrating as you make it. that part really depends on your teammates, and your attitudes... to like, everything (pretty helpful if you're chill dudes).

but yeah, loads of people didn't do it. then instead of forming teams, or even like a casual 3 man (warrior, druid, thief is a cool one) they got salty and cried on the forums. they all came together and cried. so many of them. tons of them. and they were all talking to each other about how salty they were that a team beat them. they talked about it to each other.but guess what.

NO! WRONG!they didn't form team. no why would they do that lol. did you think they wanted to win or something. nope. they just formed a giant river out of their tears.

like oh my goodness. they could get together to complain about losing to premades. but they couldn't get together to form a premade. like wow. I'm actually astounded.

it's not like it's hard.if you see someone in map chat being salty or, like just kind of bummed out about losing to a premade- whisper him. wow easy.or like, it doesn't even have to be a particular dude. could just be a guy who said something funny in map chat, or a guy with cool armour. how about that guy that played really well in your last game- you could ask that guy. he could be keen.heck, you can even just type in map chat.it's not hard or stressful to talk to people in an mmo. it's what they are for it's a social game, people expect to be talked to.soon you'll have 20 or so people who you know and like in PvP that you can queue with. then you have some sort premade most of the time you're playing. and like, you make friends dude. that's a really cool thing man. friendship is awesome.

but like, nope. they would rather play a 5v5 team game with roles (DPS and supports kitten) with matchmaker roulette. anet's special brand too.actually unbelievable.

then they come and complain about matchmaking and their teammates on the forum. actually wow. y'all got the solution removed from the game :3 B) ;)

like, I know this comes off a bit salty. but I'm well past any deep caring for this game. I've got some nostalgic feelings, sure. but that's it.I know it's a sinking ship. I didn't even buy PoF. this game is like whatever now. used to be really good but not anymore.

Damn it man, I wish I was playing back then, sounds like a lot more fun, I'm fairly new to this particular mmo and, like most, irl responsibilities will all ways come before any hobbies and gaming isn't even a hobby to me any more.

I've had some good fun in evenly matched games, and a had a good laugh in chat on others but they seem few and far between. Maybe I'll go back to saying hi and chatting a bit and put up with the silence and salt I've been getting back for it.

And yeh, I'm playing mmo's wrong. None of my friends really video game. Though by the sounds of it I reckon you'd have a good time at our Saturday night poker games, winner hosts the next week and gets in the beers and pizza ;)Played Warhammer Online till it died, hung in 'cos of the crew we had, I miss those guys.

I still catch up online with some of my vanilla wow pals now and again, none of us play it anymore, we're all grown up and parents with mortgages and stuff. Love that there's no gear grind for pvp in gw2.

I don't want to get emotionally connected to a video game again though.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Not really, the PvP playerbase died long ago when most of the players who came to the game for PvP left within 18 months, the laughable thing you call the "PvP community" was the dregs left over, the few teams / streamers were only there for the money, once the money dried up, then most left. (which is why they have been bossting the numbers in PvP by bribing PvE players with shiny things for a long time)

PvP has continued to decline as firstly that is normal for a 5 year old MMORPG (in case you missed it the genre is not exactly booming) and secondly Anet powercreeped the classes/combat and screwed PvP over for PvE (which to be fair was the reverse for 3 years) to the detriment of the gameplay in PvP.

As for pre-mades vs non-pre-mades, it entirely depends on what level it was, low ranked then pre-mades would often get farmed because the pre-mades were bad / PvE players having a bit of fun, and they got put up against higher ranked actual PvP players who could simply outplay their low level of skill, even with the advantages of being in a team, but then look at the other end when you had a pre-made of good players, then they would just beat the vast majority of non-premades.

Which is why LoL brought back solo queue, because at higher MMR dynamic queing failed miserably, and that is in a game with 65 million players, hard roles, better communication for non-pre-mades and far stricter matchmaking.

Yes banishing 5 mans to unranked is ridiculous, but then so is putting pre-mades vs solo teams, but they can't add a 5 man queue, because contrary to the desluions of this thread there simply is not the demand for it, so the AT are a better way to handle that.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:solo queue heroes w no social skills will cry regardless of what actually happens. they will always want to blame their losses on something lol. why anet thought they could placate them, I will never know.

Doesn't really have anything to do with social skills, more to do with time and inclination, after all unemployed basement dwellers incapable of forming real relationships still living with their parents still manage to team up in video games, where as a guy with a career, wife, kids, etc can find the bother of forming a team a pain if their playing time often consists of just fitting a couple of games in here and there, because they actually have this thing called a life.

join a pvp guild ask in teh guildchat and voila, and if you are that casual, do you really care about palying vs a fullteam?

to me it simply sounds like you are f´afraid of getting farmed because the possibility exists that the enemy team you face is not full of randoms like you that don t know how to communicate on a minimum lvl during a match

@shippage.1983 said:I agree, but that's kind of what the automated tournaments are in a way. I wish ranked split into two modes: Solo Q or Flex Queue (2 or more) players. Because of the low pop, ranked currently requires duo queueing to hit plat or above.

You really only need duo queue to get to the very top(top 25 or maybe 50).

To reach mid plat is very easy by solo queuing.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@troops.8276 said:

but like, nope. they would rather play a 5v5 team game with roles (DPS and supports kitten) with matchmaker roulette. anet's special brand too.actually unbelievable.

The reality is that premades dominated the scene and made life miserable for the solo players. To argue that a group of 5 in ranked was not a tool to get easy wins and ratings simply is not viable.

ANET merged the queue long ago, ( I think because team groups complained that queues were long,) and match quality has been significantly worse ever since. Even now, in unranked, premades blatantly farm and often mock the solos as they do so.

No, all of our experience up to now and the ongoing behavior of premades in unranked clearly demonstrate that premades are primarily for farming and to a lesser extent trolling.

Not everyone wants to make a team ime having other players break up teams have forced me out of making them. So I understand theres many reasons for not wanting to make a team and a reason to not want to get farmed pug vs premade. On the otherhand the games do become more competitive when its team vs team and i understand the need for team vs team que. Solo and team que should never intertwine unless done in a way like gw1s ra went into ta was done unranked only, win a match have a chance to join the team to play against premades, however both options should be there. Solo ques should be purely random and solo only while team ques are completely organized only. Its the fairest way of doing things and most accurate depictions for ranked.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

I think you're pinning more than fair on duoQ starting.. As a steamer and person on a team like who you are referring, i left because pro league and LANS stopped coming

Look, there's a lot of misinformation going around. I'm going to attempt to clear a lot of it up.

First things first; A few people are claiming that solo/duo q is what killed the community. To quote "That's when everything went to kitten, streamers left, teams disbanded, and people started caring less and less about their ranks. Killing teams killed the competitive aspect of PvP."This is a clear example of correlation=/=causation. With the advent of s5, it was clear that Anet would stop doing LANS and world championship tourneys.

If you want competitive 5v5's, do AT's.If you want casual 5vX's, do unranked.If you want to compete as a player, do rankedIf you want casual pvp, do unranked.

I'm just not really sure what you think you'd be fixing by getting rid of solo/duo q. Duo q was the replacement for competitive play, not the reason competitive play died.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

I think you're pinning more than fair on duoQ starting.. As a steamer and person on a team like who you are referring, i left because pro league and LANS stopped coming

You left because Anet stopped paying you to play their game, I don't think your situation applies to the average player.

Full premade vs full premade ok. Otherwise no.

SoloQ is one of the main reasons i quit WoW for this game. For someone with a busy and erratic schedule like mine occasional crap partners is a fine price to pay for being able to just play when i can while still earning decent rewards and having access to a ladder.

Sitting in an LFG tool for hours to fill a perfectly meta team with people of similar experience is not something im willing to ever deal with again, and if my experience with how barren the PvP ladders were in WoW's recent years, i'm well inclined to believe i'm not alone in this.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

You left because Anet stopped paying you to play their game, I don't think your situation applies to the average player.

The average player is not 'competing'.Like me and every other top player has said in this thread before, if you want competitive 5v5's do AT's. If you want casual 5vX's, do unranked. What's the problem?

@The Game Slayer.7632 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

The average player is not 'competing'.Like me and every other top player has said in this thread before, if you want competitive 5v5's do AT's. If you want casual 5vX's, do unranked. What's the problem?

PvP is the most fun with a group of friends, especially ranked. Unranked is a joke, we're not here to 500-0 daily farmer people for no rewards and ranked is limited at duo.

So what's wrong with only having ATs? Well, not everyone can get their friends together at the times designated by Anet, and if you do but end up facing some top tier premade in the first round then gj that's it for today, enjoy your 1 single lose then disband till tomorrow. It's garbage. ATs should exist to complement team based ranked play, not repalce it.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

PvP is the most fun with a group of friends, especially ranked. Unranked is a joke, we're not here to 500-0 daily farmer people for no rewards and ranked is limited at duo.

So what's wrong with only having ATs? Well, not everyone can get their friends together at the times designated by Anet, and if you do but end up facing some top tier premade in the first round then gj that's it for today, enjoy your 1 single lose then disband till tomorrow. It's garbage. ATs should exist to complement team based ranked play, not repalce it.

I see. So you WOULD 500-0 daily farmer people if there WAS rewards

And

Its only unfair if YOU get into an unfair match ups and have time comments.

Interesting

@troops.8276 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

And

Interesting

What's your arguement there? You are so off it's like you didn't even respond to what i said.

You clearly don't understand what I'm talking about so let me dumb it down for you:

You get 4 other friends to join your group, you have 2 options:

• Play unranked, stomp a bunch of solo <r20 new players on vanilla builds or daily farmers.
  • Que for an AT, if the timeslot lines up. If youget unlucky and go up against Sind and Misha's premade in the first round, then you either disband or go back to option 1.

If we had a real ranked teamQ then we'd have a 3rd option, which is to play whenever we want as long as we want, and have real matches.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@troops.8276 said:

And

Interesting

What's your arguement there? You are so off it's like you didn't even respond to what i said.

You clearly don't understand what I'm talking about so let me kitten it down for you:

You get 4 other friends to join your group, you have 2 options:
  • Play unranked, stomp a bunch of solo <r20 new players on vanilla builds or daily farmers.
  • Que for an AT, if the timeslot lines up. If youget unlucky and go up against Sind and Misha's premade in the first round, then you either disband or go back to option 1.

If we had a real ranked teamQ then we'd have a 3rd option, which is to play whenever we want as long as we want, and have real matches.

I responded directly to what you said while using your own words. I agree though that the 3rd option should be implemented.

I agree with OP.In other games theres no problem with premades, on average theyre very few part playerbase.being force relying on complete random team is very very stupid.It's just system that force good players to carry bad players on their backs.Who wants to improve, then look for a team, organize strategies, turn professional.

Other option is delete ranked and move rewards to tournaments/unranked. The "competitive" will be tournaments, end of story.

Archived