WvW Staff Ele gear advice — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW Staff Ele gear advice

I want to pick up my ele again in WvW but I'm a bit confused about what gear I should be going for. Everything I can find in terms of guides and builds are pretty old and I don't want to commit to a gear set using old info. So, any advice on what gear I should be aiming for staff ele? I read a lot of people saying Marauders but I don't want to commit to it if its outdated. Also, if Marauder is still the best, is there a cheaper alt? I was thinking Valk + Berserk but I'm not quite sure how much of each set I would need.

Thanks

Comments

  • Marauder is still the best. It's what I use. That's for the damage builds, though. The healer builds use something else.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    Marauder is still the best. It's what I use. That's for the damage builds, though. The healer builds use something else.

    Is there a berserk + valk combo that achieves similar results?

  • @Adamsdjr.1350 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    Marauder is still the best. It's what I use. That's for the damage builds, though. The healer builds use something else.

    Is there a berserk + valk combo that achieves similar results?

    Similar, but strictly worse. Marauder gives more total stat points than zerk + valk mix. I don't have the exact mixture, though.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2019
    • Marauder/berserker mix for ranged dps ele/weaver,
    • Minstrel for melee support tempest,
    • Minstrel/magi mix for mid range support tempest.

    I'd suggest checking Solemn on YouTube, he posts staff weaver videos fairly often.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • @steki.1478 said:

    • Marauder/berserker mix for ranged dps ele/weaver,
    • Minstrel for melee support tempest,
    • Minstrel/magi mix for mid range support tempest.

    I'd suggest checking Solemn on YouTube, he posts staff weaver videos fairly often.

    my heart <3

    agreed, marauder/berserker mix is probably your best bet. I usually run +2000 healthpool so that's pretty much full zerk + one marauder chest and one marauder legs. when you're ready to take off the training wheels you can decrease your healthpool, but going full glass (+0 healthpool) is challenging sometimes.

    this is my build:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlFw8YIsI2JOcLbvNA-zVRYBRRtuYIKlRTFRFJitXgA2AvFrOjA-w

    | Solemn [DoM][PAL][BOZ][shrd] |
    | NSP (main) | Anvil Rock (alt)

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:

    @steki.1478 said:

    • Marauder/berserker mix for ranged dps ele/weaver,
    • Minstrel for melee support tempest,
    • Minstrel/magi mix for mid range support tempest.

    I'd suggest checking Solemn on YouTube, he posts staff weaver videos fairly often.

    my heart <3

    agreed, marauder/berserker mix is probably your best bet. I usually run +2000 healthpool so that's pretty much full zerk + one marauder chest and one marauder legs. when you're ready to take off the training wheels you can decrease your healthpool, but going full glass (+0 healthpool) is challenging sometimes.

    this is my build:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlFw8YIsI2JOcLbvNA-zVRYBRRtuYIKlRTFRFJitXgA2AvFrOjA-w

    You improved A LOT since the first thread you posted in here that I commented on and I generally like your memes so keep it up :+1:

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • @steki.1478 said:

    @SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:

    @steki.1478 said:

    • Marauder/berserker mix for ranged dps ele/weaver,
    • Minstrel for melee support tempest,
    • Minstrel/magi mix for mid range support tempest.

    I'd suggest checking Solemn on YouTube, he posts staff weaver videos fairly often.

    my heart <3

    agreed, marauder/berserker mix is probably your best bet. I usually run +2000 healthpool so that's pretty much full zerk + one marauder chest and one marauder legs. when you're ready to take off the training wheels you can decrease your healthpool, but going full glass (+0 healthpool) is challenging sometimes.

    this is my build:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlFw8YIsI2JOcLbvNA-zVRYBRRtuYIKlRTFRFJitXgA2AvFrOjA-w

    You improved A LOT since the first thread you posted in here that I commented on and I generally like your memes so keep it up :+1:

    Hehe appreciate it man, will do.

    | Solemn [DoM][PAL][BOZ][shrd] |
    | NSP (main) | Anvil Rock (alt)

  • Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

    Half zerk half marauder is optimal, can use full marauder until comfortable run fire air weaver, with the fire and air grandmaster traits being whichever you prefer.

    [eA] Sakura | Kaineng

  • Ya persisting flames is a good trait if you know that you will have 25 might stacks from your party, good call.

    In your experience do you prefer fresh air to btth for staff dps in WvW? It wouldn't be as good at down generation but I can see it being a more consistent dps increase vs groups with heavy sustain. Making me think.

    @Henrik.7560 said:
    Half zerk half marauder is optimal, can use full marauder until comfortable run fire air weaver, with the fire and air grandmaster traits being whichever you prefer.

    | Solemn [DoM][PAL][BOZ][shrd] |
    | NSP (main) | Anvil Rock (alt)

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2019

    @SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:
    Ya persisting flames is a good trait if you know that you will have 25 might stacks from your party, good call.

    In your experience do you prefer fresh air to btth for staff dps in WvW? It wouldn't be as good at down generation but I can see it being a more consistent dps increase vs groups with heavy sustain. Making me think.

    @Henrik.7560 said:
    Half zerk half marauder is optimal, can use full marauder until comfortable run fire air weaver, with the fire and air grandmaster traits being whichever you prefer.

    PF used to be good when lava font did some impactful damage per tick. Right now its only purpose is clearing siege, fighting lords and rallying in choke points.

    I think both BttH and FA are good because BttH gives good damage but unreliably, while FA gives you easier access to skills and has a big 1-shot potential when using arcane wave. I've yet to do the math and test actual numbers if fire-fire or air-air with FA gives better results on meteor shower (or anything really) because you get quite a lot of stats in both cases, but instant air-air makes it much easier to maintain weaver GM trait.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

    @SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:
    Ya persisting flames is a good trait if you know that you will have 25 might stacks from your party, good call.

    In your experience do you prefer fresh air to btth for staff dps in WvW? It wouldn't be as good at down generation but I can see it being a more consistent dps increase vs groups with heavy sustain. Making me think.

    @Henrik.7560 said:
    Half zerk half marauder is optimal, can use full marauder until comfortable run fire air weaver, with the fire and air grandmaster traits being whichever you prefer.

    BTTH offers more overall dps. Fresh air offers higher burst potential against high health targets, such as guild groups with constant sustain.

    [eA] Sakura | Kaineng

  • Noted. Ty both.

    | Solemn [DoM][PAL][BOZ][shrd] |
    | NSP (main) | Anvil Rock (alt)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.