How would you change the legendary runes and sigils to make them more desirable?

From the recent polls, majority of voters are not planning to craft the legendary runes/sigils.Majority of voters also do not want these runes/sigils to provide additional stats/effects.How then can we make them more desirable?It is a legendary item and should be desirable and worthy of its status instead of just being a minor QOL item.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:It costs way too much for a QoL improvement. Especially made laughable by legendary armor, which I do not have, never got into the raid scene.

Give WvW a try =Dwe got legendary armor acquisition there too.

you are a true necromancer and a true friend to the crownRise wvw population RISEBringing it back from the dead since 2019-dilly dilly

So, Ascended Cooking added the first bit of tangible power creep to an auxiliary mechanic in GW2 in a long while. And they're not even insignificant bonuses, they're pretty legitimate and strong. Being honest and knowing how nuts it would be I would have loved to see being able to select the 6 bonus from any set and add it to any other set. Same w/Sigils.

For example, adding the 6 bonus of Rune of Vampirism (+10% Maximum Health; restore 10% of your health upon killing a foe.) to Rune of the Scholar(1): +25 Power(2): +35 Ferocity(3): +50 Power(4): +65 Ferocity(5): +100 Power(6): +125 Ferocity; increase damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.
….or something.I am very aware of how nuts that is, and I know the absolutely insane implications that could mean... but... it would be legendary, wouldn't it?

Almost every class benefits from the same rune and sigil set. Barring support builds, all classes can get away with using Berserk/Scholars/Force/Impact and Viper/Renegade/Malice/Earth. There is no real need to change the rune or sigil on a set of ascended or exotic, since runes and sigils are (usually) only used to increase DPS.

Hence, unless you're slotting it onto a legendary, most people would have no use for legendary sigils and runes.

Make legendary runes and sigils cheaper or make them easier to use, e.g. increase the price a bit but use only 1 rune (akin to PvP runes, but with an option to choose different rune combinations). The latter would not be practical for sigils, so just reduce their price.

Add collections for runes and sigils acquisition

Add open-world PvE legendary armour (legendary runes and sigils make more sense with legendary gear than ascended)

The only way it’s somewhat desirable would be to make the 1 gift of runes to make a whole set of legendary runes. Rather than 1 gift of rune for 1 legendary rune. Legendary runes are more expensive than legendary armor and that truly hurts me. Just get legendary armor and buy the runes you need. It’s worth more than going for runes/sigils. But in general legendary runes and sigil just need to be cut waaaaay down in price.

1. would have have a reverberating effect if the price will be the same.

2. Runes, sigils should have a permanent karma, gold, double exp find since there is no stat increase.

3. Since mostly people who raid, or do wvw use stat swappable gear, they should’ve made a collection for both those game modes to get at least 1 legendary rune, sigil.

The fact that legendary runes and sigils have same stats as the regular runes and sigils, there’s really no reason to get them since runes and sigils are not expensive. I don’t think for the past 3 years I’ve played gw2 spent close to 2k gold on runes and sigils.

90% of runes and sigils can be bought. And the other 10% is by grinding dungeons to get the runes. But its like 2 days worth of doing the dungeons. The most you will spend on a new set of runes are 50 gold.

So it’s just spend 50 gold. Or grind couple days doing dungeons. If you truly need to switch out runes and sigils out 24/7, get an endless extractor which is still cheaper then a set of legendary runes. It’s not cheaper then sigils, but the sigils is as much a legendary weapon. It’s just a bad idea. But I mean if you want the runes go ahead. Should you? Definitely not if your worry about the worth of it and the time.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:From the recent polls, majority of voters are not planning to craft the legendary runes/sigils.Majority of voters also do not want these runes/sigils to provide additional stats/effects.How then can we make them more desirable?Make them cost less. Way less.

It is a legendary item and should be desirable and worthy of its status instead of just being a minor QOL item.Nah, they offer exactly the right thing (although the UI would still need a fix). It's their price alone that is a problem.

Make them cheaper or make it so you only need 1 legendary rune for a full set of equipment (which would achieve the same thing). At the moment it's too expensive for what you get.

Although even if they were cheaper they'd still be very low on my personal list of priorities. I only really made legendary weapons for the skins, I don't change builds often enough for the stat change to be worth the cost for me.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:From the recent polls, majority of voters are not planning to craft the legendary runes/sigils.Majority of voters also do not want these runes/sigils to provide additional stats/effects.How then can we make them more desirable?It is a legendary item and should be desirable and worthy of its status instead of just being a minor QOL item.

Thats simple lower the costs and grind. People will then make them.

If it was something other than a simple gold-grind and timegate to get them, I'd probably bother making them. Dunno, even tho it was a pain I still enjoyed e.g. the Skyscale collection, if it was something more akin to that I'd spend some time collecting stuff and then crafting them. At a reduced price of course.

• 3 weeks later...