Only balance i want to hear..

Hadi.6025

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hadi.6025 said:Add a Cooldown to Warclaws if a player dies and re-spawns. People are coming back from spawn entirely too fast. There needs to be some serious balance changes to this mount if you're going to talk about Class balance as well.

Cool down is fine. Let them come to bag farm.

Three dodges, 10+K health? That needs some trimming. Like 2k health, 2 dodges..

@steki.1478 said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST. There needs to be a balance to that. cause what will happen is you'll most likely still be fighting this group and the people you were fighting come back for the 5th time after dying.

@Hadi.6025 said:

@steki.1478 said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST.

It really is to get around the map faster so you can get back into the fight if you get downed. One of the issues some people presented was spending an inordinate amount of time traversing the map instead of actually playing the game mode. Which Anet agreed with hence the addition.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Hadi.6025 said:Add a Cooldown to Warclaws if a player dies and re-spawns. People are coming back from spawn entirely too fast. There needs to be some serious balance changes to this mount if you're going to talk about Class balance as well.

Cool down is fine. Let them come to bag farm.

Three dodges, 10+K health? That needs some trimming. Like 2k health, 2 dodges..

I think this is the more pressing issue, its way too hard to stop ppl on mounts, you cant even dismount someone in a smallscale setting, just awkwardly running next to him on your own mount.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST.

Those two things are ... the same.

They are the same but they don't have to be the same.

I agree that it's pretty annoying but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to change.

@knite.1542 said:

I agree that it's pretty annoying but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to change.

Ok, but they are and that's not an accident. There is no point in someone getting around a map faster ... then being restricted in engaging people in a fight. That makes zero sense. The whole point of people being able to get around the map faster is for them to get back into the fight faster. Otherwise it's kinda dumb.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Ok, but they are and that's not an accident. There is no point in someone getting around a map faster ... then being restricted in engaging people in a fight. That makes zero sense.

Eh, it makes a bit of sense. His complaint is valid but I don't know about his solution. I think it would make more sense to add a respawn timer than a cooldown on the warclaw. EIther way though, I don't think it would be worth it in the long run. shrug

Just an opinion.

@Hadi.6025 said:

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST. There needs to be a balance to that. cause what will happen is you'll most likely still be fighting this group and the people you were fighting come back for the 5th time after dying.

Faster loot bags- don't see the problem!

@knite.1542 said:

Ok, but they are and that's not an accident. There is no point in someone getting around a map faster ... then being restricted in engaging people in a fight. That makes zero sense.

Eh, it makes a bit of sense. His complaint is valid but I don't know about his solution. I think it would make more sense to add a respawn timer than a cooldown on the warclaw. EIther way though, I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.
shrug

Just an opinion.

I didn't understand the complaint ... why is it a problem that people come back too fast to fight? People don't want to have fights in WvW? I can't honestly believe people LIKE waiting around for the zerg to reform 10-15 minutes for the next battle. That's exactly the thing that ISN'T fun about WvW.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Eh, it makes a bit of sense. His complaint is valid but I don't know about his solution. I think it would make more sense to add a respawn timer than a cooldown on the warclaw. EIther way though, I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.
shrug

Just an opinion.

I didn't understand the complaint ... why is it a problem that people come back too fast to fight? People don't want to have fights in WvW? I can't honestly believe people LIKE waiting around for the zerg to reform 10-15 minutes for the next battle. That's exactly the thing that ISN'T fun about WvW.

I don't know if the OP is zerging or not but for smaller scale things it can be frustrating. Here is a common thing that I face.

You go to flip a supply camp, 1 defender shows up, you kill them, another defender shows up, you kill them as well. A third defender shows up and you engage with that person, the 1st defender you killed has time to come back and eventually these people will have a chance to overwhelm you just for the fact that they can respawn and run back to the camp before you can take it. While I absolutely don't think there is anything wrong with the defenders choosing to come back, it does get very frustrating as the assaulter to be fighting against an endless loop of the same people that you have already killed because they can come back so quickly.

Not a huge deal, not game breaking in anyway, just extremely frustrating, which is why I can relate to the OPs complaint.I don't necessarily think should be changed though.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"steki.1478" said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

shrug

Just an opinion.

Yes, its the logic of WvWers...

We're only here for the fights, come fight me bruh!"

They are getting back into the fight too fast, put it on cooldown!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"steki.1478" said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

shrug

Just an opinion.

People pushing their luck is the problem. Hanging around the same area and expecting to farm it infinitely but now that mounts are a thing you actually have to resposition frequently if you don't want to get overrun by those you've killed.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

shrug

Just an opinion.

People pushing their luck is the problem. Hanging around the same area and expecting to farm it infinitely but now that mounts are a thing you actually have to resposition frequently if you don't want to get overrun by those you've killed.

Uh you both are missing it,Too fast back to the fight.

It was a time press before to clean up fights near an enemy spawn and that made sense. But now it's twice as bad simply because warclaw has turbo speed in their own spawn area.

Before classes with mobility could do it fast but reenter a fight with cooldowns and limited resources.Now anyone can with full cooldowns and full resource.

Like downed state, it props up failing as acceptable play.

It's ok to be bad at the game, it's not ok to not become good because the game drops the skill floor so low that the disparity between a few good player and a few more button smashing monkeys is nil. That's what drives good players away. They want their skill to mean something, not just build vs build who can smash all the hard counter buttons fastest. Warclaw and downed state are the extension of the idiotic ideal that the game should have builds and mechanics that safeguard players who can't Dodge huge telegraph's.

And it comes back to,Why do I have to down the same monkey multiple times because of downed state, kill him, only to have him return seconds later on his monkey build with full cooldowns and resource. It makes no sense. What kind of pvp doesn't balance the sideline for player a dying?

End of rant