What time will the prologue event start?

Tinker.6924

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:Typically, patches go in around 9am Pacific time on Tuesdays, which would be around 4pm UTC on Tuesday. But sometimes delays happen, too, meaning it could get pushed back further.

Ah crud. I can't be "sick" at that time. Too much stuff in RL... But later in the afternoon.... oh I must be coming down with prologue-itis

Don't forget the golden rule of 'never play on patch day' applies to GW2 as well. Whilst we have the advantage that the game doesn't go offline for patches there's still a good chance there will be bugs which will cause problems early on so if you want a smooth run through the release it would be better to wait a day or so.

Also like any Living Story release (since the start of season 2) this is a permanent addition to the game, not a one-off event, so you don't need to play it right when it's first released. I understand a lot of people are excited for it, but I wouldn't recommend messing up other aspects of your life or going to extremes to get to play on release day.

(And if it's any consolation I'll have to wait until Wednesday evening anyway, thanks to work.)

@Danikat.8537 said:Don't forget the golden rule of 'never play on patch day' applies to GW2 as well.

There are a few potential downsides to that which have occurred in the past although not frequently.

• Not having enough time to do time-gated things before daily reset when you get home. An example being the skyscale collection.
  • An item is required for something and you’re not online to buy what you need before the price inflates. An example being the sigil of nullification.
  • Something bugs and Anet just locks out that content until they fix it. I think the only case of this was with PoF.

In deliberately going against every single release it will be 11:59:59 PM PST on Tuesday.

Honestly, use search. This question has been asked EVERY time there has been a release and it is almost always released in the morning for them. Which makes sense as that gives them the most time to resolve whatever issues are in it during the normal work day. Of course, they never actually give a time as then people would scream if they missed it because of a last-minute change.

To anyone in NA: just go to work as usual. If you are REALLY hyped about a release maybe go home early, it is not worth taking a full day of vacation. The first few hours after it gets pushed out will be pushing out bugfixes anyway. If you are on the east coast they will not even be in the office to push things out until at least noon your time.

@Menadena.7482 said:

To anyone in NA: just go to work as usual. If you are REALLY hyped about a release maybe go home early, it is not worth taking a full day of vacation. The first few hours after it gets pushed out will be pushing out bugfixes anyway. If you are on the east coast they will not even be in the office to push things out until at least noon your time.

So much this, but I admit it is fun to read the forums during delays to get the salt from the people who did not go to work because of release day.

@Danikat.8537 said:Don't forget the golden rule of 'never play on patch day' applies to GW2 as well. Whilst we have the advantage that the game doesn't go offline for patches there's still a good chance there will be bugs which will cause problems early on so if you want a smooth run through the release it would be better to wait a day or so.

Also like any Living Story release (since the start of season 2) this is a permanent addition to the game, not a one-off event, so you don't need to play it right when it's first released. I understand a lot of people are excited for it, but I wouldn't recommend messing up other aspects of your life or going to extremes to get to play on release day.

(And if it's any consolation I'll have to wait until Wednesday evening anyway, thanks to work.)

Honestly I don't recall having any major problems with playing at patch day, ever.

@Danikat.8537 said:Don't forget the golden rule of 'never play on patch day' applies to GW2 as well. Whilst we have the advantage that the game doesn't go offline for patches there's still a good chance there will be bugs which will cause problems early on so if you want a smooth run through the release it would be better to wait a day or so.

That is pretty bad advice really, patch days are not a problem in this game, usually bugs are minor and do not hinder progression.

@Vavume.8065 said:

That is pretty bad advice really, patch days are not a problem in this game, usually bugs are minor and do not hinder progression.

I agree patch days are not as much of a problem in this game as in other games. But even so if I was planning to take a day off work to play the new release I'd make it Wednesday rather than Tuesday, because then if there are any problems there's time for Anet to fix them before you start, instead of wasting your day off waiting for a follow-up patch.

Never play on patch day? I've played every patch since release and there's only a handful of releases that has had major bugs so we couldnt go start the PS or get to the map. So thats just false.

@"cNd.1096" said:Honestly I don't recall having any major problems with playing at patch day, ever.

There was that one episode with the Kourna map that had some crazy bugs. Many people wouldn't get ported to the new map after the story instance was done and were basically stuck waiting until a hotfix could be made (which took a while). But really, there haven't been too many patch days anywhere near as bad as that.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:Honestly I don't recall having any major problems with playing at patch day, ever.

Like when Path of Fire was released and most players couldn't even enter the first instance? Yeah never happened.

And most of ls1 (it was a running joke back then) and most of ls4. There was one time i think patch had to be delayed by a day or two because of issues.

Its just the nature of any live, constantly updated game.

@Vavume.8065 said:

You are kidding right? Do you remember we could not get into the domain of kourna for a day or so? I am sure other people can add other examples.

@Menadena.7482 said:

You are kidding right? Do you remember we could not get into the domain of kourna for a day or so? I am sure other people can add other examples.

Speak for yourself... I got in...

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi everyone, we're in the final preparations to push the build live. This is also a reminder that while we aim to release at the start of our day, there's never a guarantee that we can. This is a long process that can meet a lot of obstacles along the way (in fact it often does but not all issues are big and even if they are you may not see it!). Hopefully we'll see you soon in-game!