Suggestions from returning player

Holland.9351

I started playing some GW2 again last week and I only play WvW, so here are some suggestions:

• Make Hunter's Shot unblockable (at least in WvW).
  • Make Cripple, Chilled and CC affect mounts (at least in WvW)
  • Limit the amount of retaliation hits a player can receive. -1000 health per second max for example. (at least in WvW)
  • Allow us to turn off certain pet skills in the pet menu, so the pet will not use the skill until it's turned on again.

@"Holland.9351" said:

Why?

• Limit the amount of retaliation hits a player can receive. -1000 health per second max for example. (at least in WvW)

Again, why? All it does is punish people for not reacting to what is happening with their opponents, what you propose only "dumbs down" the game even more. There's no need for that.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Holland.9351" said:

Again, why? All it does is punish people for not reacting to what is happening with their opponents, what you propose only "dumbs down" the game even more. There's no need for that.

Explain exactly, how do you react to Barrage returning 60 retaliation hits?

@Holland.9351 said:

Explain exactly, how do you react to Barrage returning 60 retaliation hits?

Why did you ignore the first question?Also if your suggestion is based on a single skill of a single class then that's ridiculous. But the answer is: know what/who you're fighting against and use your skills accordingly instead of using them "off cooldown" because deee-peee-eeeees. Ranger is already safe af.

• Confused 1

Getting hit for over 15000 damage because you used an area effect skill on a large group of targets is ridiculous. I don't care which skill or which class used it.

No, better make a change you're asking for so you can stand back in wvw and literally just tag zergs with long range aoe skill with no risk or repercussions as if you're farming a halloween labirynth. That totally makes sense from a player vs player perspective. If you know upsides and downsides of the skills then use them accordingly, that's all there is to it.

And to repeat the question you keep avoiding:

Why?Ranger is already a pretty safe and easy class to play, making a hunter's shot unblockable is one of the last things it needs.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Why?Ranger is already a pretty safe and easy class to play, making a hunter's shot unblockable is one of the last things it needs.

Because:Hunter's Shot is the only skill in the game who give enemy stealth instead of the shooter when this skill is reflected.Any other class who uses his invisibility skills doesn't give to the enemy invisibility instead, even the enemy is blocking, reflected or something else.I don't know if unblockable is the solution, because that damage should be blockable, but the stealth effect for the shooter it must happen, regardless of the situation.In the same time, Hunter's Shot is not a damage skill due to his low damage, it is used mainly for stealth and swiftness.

PS: I didn't check if Hunter's Shot (with Lead the Wind trait) is hitting 5 enemies (let's say they are in line) and all 5 enemies are using reflected skills if all 5 of them get invisibility, or only the first one. This would be hilarious.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Because:Hunter's Shot is the only skill in the game who give enemy stealth instead of the shooter when this skill is reflected.Any other class who uses his invisibility skills doesn't give to the enemy invisibility instead, even the enemy is blocking, reflected or something else.I don't know if unblockable is the solution, because that damage should be blockable, but the stealth effect for the shooter it must happen, regardless of the situation.In the same time, Hunter's Shot is not a damage skill due to his low damage, it is used mainly for stealth and swiftness.

PS: I didn't check if Hunter's Shot (with Lead the Wind trait) is hitting 5 enemies (let's say they are in line) and all 5 enemies are using reflected skills if all 5 of them get invisibility, or only the first one. This would be hilarious.

That's a good point (about it giving the stealth to the enemy on reflect), but I disagree that "the stealth needs to happen regardless of the situation". If it was intended to be a "get stealth no matter what happens" skill, it would just be a self-buff instead of a projectile aimed at the enemy. It also doesn't have a cast time, so it means that either the enemy lucks out on a reflect timing (at which point, oh well...) or you misplayed.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

That's a good point (about it giving the stealth to the enemy on reflect), but I disagree that "the stealth needs to happen regardless of the situation". If it was intended to be a "get stealth no matter what happens" skill, it would just be a self-buff instead of a projectile aimed at the enemy. It also doesn't have a cast time, so it means that either the enemy lucks out on a reflect timing (at which point, oh well...) or you misplayed.

When no other class has this disadvantage, I don't see how this could be OK or right for Ranger. And this is not about how smart you play, but pure luck because when you need it in the same time the enemy could use his reflect skills, and your skill becomes useless for you and a buff for the enemy. And we don't talk here about any damage skills, but the only one stealth skill for Ranger. Wasn't enough that you must hit someone to become invisible and the range should be 1500, in your line of sight, but you need to be very careful that your target doesn't dodge or use reflect skills on him. Can you tell me why Ranger should take care of so many things to become invisible, when other classes are using their invisibility whenever they want ? Also our invisiblity it is only 3 sec. So you can't say that Ranger should take care of so many things to become invisible because this skills offer him more advantage than other invisibility skills.

And we don't talk about an utility who can be changed with something else, but about a weapon skill, who becomes useless many times.

When no other class has this disadvantage, I don't see how this could be OK or right for Ranger. And this is not about how smart you play, but pure luck because when you need it in the same time the enemy could use his reflect skills, and your skill becomes useless for you and a buff for the enemy. And we don't talk here about any damage skills, but the only one stealth skill for Ranger. Wasn't enough that you must hit someone to become invisible and the range should be 1500, in your line of sight, but you need to be very careful that your target doesn't dodge or use reflect skills on him. Can you tell me why Ranger should take care of so many things to become invisible, when other classes are using their invisibility whenever they want ? Also our invisiblity it is only 3 sec. So you can't say that Ranger should take care of so many things to become invisible because this skills offer him more advantage than other invisibility skills.

Of so many things? You're just watching out for reflect and that's all. If your opponent lucks out on reflect, then it literally can be used as a pseudo-argument regarding any other skill and ability "but what if he just happened to use THIS when I use THAT, then it's useless! :O ".I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "this disadvantage", do you mean that the shot needs to actually hit to get stealth? That seems pretty normal to me. Also if you want to be "another class", then play another class. You don't need to hit anything to gain stealth, you can use smokescale and stealth off its skill. Somehow you choose not to.

Seriously, when I read something like "Wasn't enough that you must hit someone" as a complaint about a weapon skill, I'm not even sure if you're serious here anymore. God forbid you ACTUALLY have to hit your skill in order for it to work, wtkitten :D Not to mention that part of your complaint is that the skill is... ranged? :D

And we don't talk about an utility who can be changed with something else, but about a weapon skill, who becomes useless many times.

Almost any weapon skill that's dodged is useless, I'm not sure how's that part of an argument.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Of so many things? You're just watching out for reflect and that's all. If your opponent lucks out on reflect, then it literally can be used as a pseudo-argument regarding any other skill and ability "but what if he just happened to use THIS when I use THAT, then it's useless! :O ".I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "this disadvantage", do you mean that the shot needs to actually hit to get stealth? That seems pretty normal to me. Also if you want to be "another class", then play another class. You don't need to hit anything to gain stealth, you can use smokescale and stealth off its skill. Somehow you choose not to.

The thread was about Hunter's Shot and you asked: "why?" I answered to you why ... But seem you are too ignorant or too blind I don't know which one. Hunter's Shot was given to Ranger for going in stealth, as other stealth skills/utilities who were given to other class. This was a comparison between our stealth skill and other class skill.

Seriously, when I read something like "Wasn't enough that you must hit someone" as a complaint about a weapon skill, I'm not even sure if you're serious here anymore. God forbid you ACTUALLY have to hit your skill in order for it to work, wtkitten :D Not to mention that part of your complaint is that the skill is... ranged? :D

being sarcastic doesn't make you smarter but contrary

Almost any weapon skill that's dodged is useless, I'm not sure how's that part of an argument.

My argument was that other classes can use their stealth even the enemy are dodging, blocking, reflect or anything else. Once again Hunter's Shot main job is stealth not damaging or cc etc.

The thread was about Hunter's Shot and you asked: "why?" I answered to you why ... But seem you are too ignorant or too blind I don't know which one. Hunter's Shot was given to Ranger for going in stealth, as other stealth skills/utilities who were given to other class. This was a comparison between our stealth skill and other class skill.

Oh there sure is someone "ignorant or blind" here, but it's not me. As I already said, if it was supposed to be a "gain stealth no matter what", it would be made as a self buff skill instead of a projectile skill aimed at your opponent. You're also comparing offensive skills (because it deals dmg and requires an enemy taget, so it IS one regardless of you trying to claim otherwise) with self-buffing utility skills, which makes no sense. Compare it with thief's cloak and dagger, does it gain stealth if it doesn't hit because the opponent happened to dodge at the same time? I guess it's time to start for it to apply stealth hether it hits or not, eh? :DAlso whwat you're doing here is complaining abvout a projectile acting like a projectile. It doesn't have any special rules attached to it as far as I'm aware. So, again, who's the ignorant one here?

being sarcastic doesn't make you smarter but contrary

Complaining about someone being sarcastic (which I wasn't, because that WAS literally part of your complaint) doesn't make you right, so what I said still stands.

My argument was that other classes can use their stealth even the enemy are dodging, blocking, reflect or anything else. Once again Hunter's Shot main job is stealth not damaging or cc etc.

They can IF the skill is a self buff and they CAN'T if the stealth is part of a damaging skill, which obviously works when it hits. Also ranger can access stealth without hunter's shot. So you're wrong. You're also not the one that decides what its "main job" is, if the skill has multiple components, then all of those components are a part of the skill. The damage or projectile part of it doesn't magically disappear or "doesn't count" because it's convenient for the sake of your "argument".

• Confused 1

@"Sobx.1758" said:

I am asking you just one more question and I am stopping here to argue with a warrior/thief player. I don't have any reason to say something from Ranger POV when the opponent is playing other class. It is obvious you will defend only your class, and I am still wondering what are you doing on this section of the forum.What is the purpose of a forum? (keep in mind that you said "it is how was intended to be")

I am asking you just one more question and I am stopping here to argue with a warrior/thief player.

Ah there it is -because instead of answering to anything and deal with your misconceptions about ingame skills, it's better to go through someone's profile, try to determine what he's playing based on that and then pretend it has any effect on what we're talking about in this thread. Good job. :)

I don't have any reason to say something from Ranger POV when the opponent is playing other class. It is obvious you will defend only your class

I'm playing multiple classes, so once again you're simply wrong. Maybe you should start doing it too, because you're clearly missing some perspective here.

• Confused 1

@"Sobx.1758" said:I'm playing multiple classes, so once again you're simply wrong. Maybe you should start doing it too, because you're clearly missing some perspective here.

I have all classes and all are lvl 80, 4 of them are full ascended and 1 full legendary. I have 3 Rangers, different races. I played warrior and elementalist with my guild when these classes needed in WvW and PVP. So even I know what all classes can do, my main is a Ranger. I play ranger since Beta.I am sure 100% that you have your main and this is nor ranger, and I am also 100% that you hate rangers because you were beaten by them many times.Anyway a player who doesn't focus on 1 or 2 classes, but he is playing multiple classes all the time, is not good with any of those classes.In my country, we have a saying "a worker who knows 99 jobs doesn't actually know any".

PS: "theory is easy, practice kills us" ... go and play ranger in sPVP, and WvW, duel, roaming, zerg etc. After that, I am sure you will learn more about this class, his weakness and his stronger.

I forgot ... I have an account on NA too, where I have only 1 class, Ranger and I am playing only sPVP there. On EU server where is my main and where I play GW2 since beta I have 200 ping. On NA I have only 100 pin, and this is rly important in sPVP.

Ciao!

It doesn't matter what you think what I'm playing, what matters is that you had nothing to say and resorted to screening through someone's forum profile in order to try to "find a main" and then use it as an agument instead of actually answering to the post. It's a failure in itself no matter how many cheeky "CIAOS!" you'll add at the end of your posts to make yourself feel better about this whole farce. If you can't understand that, it's your own problem.

I am sure 100% that you have your main and this is nor ranger, and I am also 100% that you hate rangers because you were beaten by them many times.

Wrong again, keep guessing. I don't even hate rangers, because why would I need to hate a class at all?It's hilarious how you keep missing your terrible shots at me. Keep going.

Anyway a player who doesn't focus on 1 or 2 classes, but he is playing multiple classes all the time, is not good with any of those classes.

Well then, now it's settled -if you don't limit yourself to playing a single class, you're terrible because some random guy on the boards decided so. :lol:

• Confused 1