List of unresolved plot threads

Sajuuk Khar.1509

As the title says-What is the deal with Marjory's ghost-sister blade?-Who is Mister E?-What is the "Krait Orb" really, and who made it?-What ever happened to the magic crown we had to reassemble for Rytlock when he attempted to undo the Foefire?-Malyck and his tree(seriously guys)-The floating Wizards Tower(seriously its been 5 years Anet, throw us a bone here)-Did they ever get around to reforging Magdaer?

I know I am probably missing a lot, so please list an others you can think of so they can be added to the list, and lets try to speculate like mad on what the answers could be.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mister E was solved in the living story chapter One Path Ends

And the floating Wizard Tower is a mystery since guild wars release 2005 Kessex PeaksI don't think that they will lift this mystery :blush:

• I don't really understand what happens to the white mantle.

! They were pushed back, but just by the dead of the last mursaat? They haven't this mursaat before, although they want to resurect him.

• I want finally see the rest of the dwarves :smiley: -
  • What about the tengu :scream: -

@"Aleksander Suburb.4287" said:Mister E was solved in the living story chapter One Path Ends

And the floating Wizard Tower is a mystery since guild wars release 2005 Kessex PeaksI don't think that they will lift this mystery :blush:

! They were pushed back, but just by the dead of the last mursaat? They haven't this mursaat before, although they want to resurect him.
I want finally see the rest of the dwarves :smiley: - What about the tengu :scream: -

Mister E is unresolved. There is still only speculation at this point, with a community favourite of Faren at the forefront of those guesses for some reason

My limited understanding of the White Mantle was the were significantly depleted/beaten by Logan's forces after our scouting and own efforts to turn the tide of the battle. With the loss of their leaders, I'm guessing they went into disarray/back underground scattered and largely powerless to assert themselves again

@"Aleksander Suburb.4287" said:Mister E was solved in the living story chapter One Path Ends

No it wasn't. I'm not sure where you get that.

@"Aleksander Suburb.4287" said:

I want finally see the rest of the dwarves :smiley: - What about the tengu :scream: -

• The White Mantle were first fractured in two after Out of the Shadows. Those who followed "Lazarus" (aka Balthazar) were imprisoned and killed by the mercenaries he later hired (as revealed in Flashpoint), while those who followed Caudecus were ultimately crushed in Lake Doric, leaving only remnants (which we wipe out the largest of in One Path Ends).
  • Given that Primordus moved about again, we can pretty safely say that the dwarves are pretty much all dead by now. Both Ogden and Rhodan thought themselves the last dwarf, so at best we'd see only tiny pockets of barely a handful of dwarves in total.
  • What about the tengu? Nothing has changed for them.

@"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:-What is the deal with Marjory's ghost-sister blade?Something to do with necromancer magic. Marjory seemed pretty confused herself when Belinda entered the sword.-What is the "Krait Orb" really, and who made it?I believe the Krait Orb was something the krait had for a long time, so odds are that it's some kind of relic from the old krait lands. Some have theorized it's tied to the Deep Sea Dragon.-What ever happened to the magic crown we had to reassemble for Rytlock when he attempted to undo the Foefire?Probably disappeared into the rift with Sohothin. It seemed more like busy work, rather than actually being necessary for the ritual.-Malyck and his tree(seriously guys)We've heard Malyck's storyline got cut from HoT. Hopefully, if we ever head back into the Maguuma jungle again, we'll hear from him. More likely to be a new raid wing than an in-depth story at this point.-The floating Wizards Tower(seriously its been 5 years Anet, throw us a bone here)Not sure any storyline can pay off the build-up from this plot point from GW1's first year.

Other things I think we've left hanging:The fate of the Flame Legion. The Molten Alliance was one of the LS1's first chapters, the Citadel of Flame only killed the then-leader Gaheron, and otherwise haven't heard anything of what they're up to.The Inquest have labs all over the place, including Dry Top. We didn't hear anything from them during Heart of Thorns or anything else, so we don't know what their grand plan is since Kudu's death.The Nightmare Court is similarly ambiguous, as we've killed Faolain. They kind of sided with us in the fight against Mordremoth, but are they still our enemy or just a neutral faction now?Evennia? Probably too old, but she's still an unknown.Just what is the last dragon's name? It starts with an S, but that's not really an answer.Just how much worse off was Zojja over Logan? We've only heard a little bit of her recovery, but that's about it.*Pretty much anything concerning Rox. (Like why she keeps tolerating Braham. ;) )

A couple of other things I've been wondering about...

• What's going on with the Nightmare Court now that Faolain is dead? Is Grand Dutchess Chrysanthea taking over?

• What happened to the sylvari who fell under Mordremoth's control after he died? Did they regain their free will?

the mysteries surrounding seers, forgotten and potentially mursaat (would rather there's at least one remaining member of each race, but it seems unlikely considering all the lore we have). The most prominent and important being two things: the rediscovered cleansing ritual that's never been mentioned again, and the 'divine source' used by the seers to make the bloodstones. A bit about how the forgotten are tied to the human gods.

The shadowstone/krait oil situation, plus the unstable rifts.

Why, exactly, the gods are leaving the mists entirely and where they're going.

stuff to do with the anti-kytheria, I feel learning more about the intricacies of how it works beyond the six balancing points to regulate magic.

What's happening now with the abandoned realms of the gods

If a replacement exists, who took the place of Balthazar

Arachnea stuff if the hints point in that direction.

Dhuum and menzies, especially menzies considering what happened with Balthazar.

I guess a bit about why Vlast was differently coloured. He did flash glint/aurene blue before exploding, so it makes me wonder what's up with the new colours (I know the most likely answer is "he's an angry/depressed dragon and as such changed from 'pure' to tainted", avoiding the word corruption because of it's association with the elder dragons).

the zephyrites, what's happening with them now?

Shiny and other possible replacements for the elder dragons.

Palawa Joko, but we do know there's gonna be something happening with him soon so not sure there's too much merit into going into that. Guess I'll also mention Kralk and Aurene here.

Hall of heroes? The Rift? how are those places doing.

How are the exalted in Tarir doing with Aurene just peacing out of there and probably not going back. What are they doing now?

@Rognik.2579 said:The fate of the Flame Legion.The Inquest*The Nightmare CourtI have always felt like those aren't exactly unresolved, just kind of... I don't know how to put it really.

Large ideological organizations like those very rarely just die off, but over the course of the game, mostly in the initial release of GW2, we sabotaged a very large number of their operations in the open world via events and heart quests, and, via the dungeons story modes, we end up largely destroying their leadership when we attacked their primary strongholds. The dungeon explorable modes have us going back in, and moping up various splinter groups each trying to grab power, and become the new dominant force.

While those factions aren't totally destroyed, and many of their members are still around, they are nowhere near what they once were. It's unlikely we could ever truly END them totally, but we have done so much to weaken them that they are shadows of what they once were. I doubt they will ever be truly gone from the game, but they wont be anything major.

The White Mantle was something of an exception due to the fact we never really dealt with them directly in GW2's intestinal release, we just dealt with their bandit proxies, so it makes sense we got all that content for them that we did in Season 3, but I don't expect the other racial enemy factions to get the same.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Aleksander Suburb.4287" said:Mister E was solved in the living story chapter

! Really? It was revealed what happened with Evennia. Then it must be my interpreting that Mister E was Livia... I really thought that she told that she gave all the hints to the hero

@castlemanic.3198 said:Weren't there a ton of inquest in Draconis Mons? which means that they're faring better than the nightmare court and flame legion combined?A ton? No, there was a comparatively small base that was there because Balthazar paid them to be there(presumably to stall the player), and because they were looking for Zinn's relics.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Palawa Joko, but we do know there's gonna be something happening with him soon so not sure there's too much merit into going into that. Guess I'll also mention Kralk and Aurene here.

Hall of heroes? The Rift? how are those places doing.

How are the exalted in Tarir doing with Aurene just peacing out of there and probably not going back. What are they doing now?I think anything that happened at the end of PoF is unfair, as we know Living World Season 4 should be starting in a month or two, and answering some of the questions the story left us with. That includes any mysteries that might've been introduced in the desert region.The AMA the other day did mention that the Hall of Heroes has been completely designed, but was cut because it didn't flow well. We'll probably see it return very soon, as they have the assets and just need to figure out why the characters might be returning there.

@Rognik.2579 said:I think anything that happened at the end of PoF is unfair, as we know Living World Season 4 should be starting in a month or two, and answering some of the questions the story left us with. That includes any mysteries that might've been introduced in the desert region.The AMA the other day did mention that the Hall of Heroes has been completely designed, but was cut because it didn't flow well. We'll probably see it return very soon, as they have the assets and just need to figure out why the characters might be returning there.

While I admit joko, kralk and aurene are probably unfair, as I hesitated on even touching on those things, I think the tarir question is important enough to bring up because it's such a vague detail now and we know we're not going back to tarir since it's a heart of thorns map area.

The AMA is exactly why i brought up the hall of heroes and rift thing =p. Now that it's cut content, it's a mystery that can be tackled through future explorations, and I really doubt season 4 will be the time or place to delve into the lore surrounding those places, with the focus shifting away from the gods and towards the dragons and the supreme god-king.

@Rognik.2579 said:*The Inquest have labs all over the place, including Dry Top. We didn't hear anything from them during Heart of Thorns or anything else, so we don't know what their grand plan is since Kudu's death.

Kudu was just one cell leader. He was never that greatly important, so their "grand plan" has remained unchanged since the personal story (which, no, is not "control the Elder Dragons" - that was Kudu and his cell's plan alone).

@Rognik.2579 said:*Evennia? Probably too old, but she's still an unknown.

In the Side Stories, Caudecus mentions that Adelbern hanged a Shining Blade sent to Ascalon City. Only Shining Blade that we know that went there was Evennia.

@Rognik.2579 said:*Just what is the last dragon's name? It starts with an S, but that's not really an answer.

Devs have said they drafted a few names, but didn't like any of them so far. So the answer is "Devs haven't settled on one, so it's a mystery to players for now."

@castlemanic.3198 said:the mysteries surrounding seers, forgotten and potentially mursaat (would rather there's at least one remaining member of each race, but it seems unlikely considering all the lore we have). The most prominent and important being two things: the rediscovered cleansing ritual that's never been mentioned again, and the 'divine source' used by the seers to make the bloodstones. A bit about how the forgotten are tied to the human gods.

There may be more Forgotten about. Given PoF.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Why, exactly, the gods are leaving the mists entirely and where they're going.

They went to another world to nurture it like they did Tyria, but one without Elder Dragons or similar threats. Supposedly they'll come back for their faithful once that world is ready to support them.

@castlemanic.3198 said:What's happening now with the abandoned realms of the gods

We actually get an answer to this near the end of the griffon mount collections. Without the gods' presence to protect them, creatures from The Mists are beginning to breach into the realms making them more dangerous.

@castlemanic.3198 said:I guess a bit about why Vlast was differently coloured. He did flash glint/aurene blue before exploding, so it makes me wonder what's up with the new colours (I know the most likely answer is "he's an angry/depressed dragon and as such changed from 'pure' to tainted", avoiding the word corruption because of it's association with the elder dragons).

I always assumed it was related to the Forgotten's exalting rituals that turn things pyrite.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Hall of heroes? The Rift? how are those places doing.

Well we go to the Rift in the PoF story (given that the portal in Tombs leads to the Rift), on our way to the Realm of Torment's Sanctum.

@Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:

@Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:Mister E was solved in the living story chapter

! Really? It was revealed what happened with Evennia. Then it must be my interpreting that Mister E was Livia... I really thought that she told that she gave all the hints to the hero

Nothing ever concluded that E was Livia. In fact, Livia has always been a highly unlikely identity because Marjory felt a lack of necromantic energy coming from E when the two met in the short story (in said short story, E was described as having a masculine voice too). Livia never said anything about "giving all the hints to the hero" either.

@Rognik.2579 said:*Just how much worse off was Zojja over Logan? We've only heard a little bit of her recovery, but that's about it.

I'd like to know this as well considering all we have to rely on at the moment is hearsay from Episode 1 of LWS3. The dialogue from Rytlock and the Asura in that episode isn't reliable (because it's hearsay). Until the Commander actually visits her, whenever Anet decides to actually work on that plot thread again, all we can do is guess and assume, which is an awful way to leave something hanging.

@Rognik.2579 said:I think anything that happened at the end of PoF is unfair, as we know Living World Season 4 should be starting in a month or two, and answering some of the questions the story left us with. That includes any mysteries that might've been introduced in the desert region.

I don't think it's unfair considering how much both HoT and especially LS3 left hanging. There's not much of a reassuring track record there. But PoF was for the most part an improvement in writing quality, IMO. Maybe LS4 and continuity in general will also get better.

@Rognik.2579 said:We've heard Malyck's storyline got cut from HoT. Hopefully, if we ever head back into the Maguuma jungle again, we'll hear from him. More likely to be a new raid wing than an in-depth story at this point.

I hope not. That would be the absolute worst way to handle it.

Malyck aside, my biggest still-unanswered questions are:

• What about the Pale Tree's continuing recovery? She did say "we should speak more", and I agree because while my canon commander still loves her, she also can't help but lay partial blame on mom for the debacle with the Pact fleet and the loss of so many siblings.
  • Why did Caithe not show up at the end of PoF along with Marjory? She swore herself to protecing Aurene, she's probably the only one aside from the Commander who actually knows and cares about Aurene, so I'd have expected her to be the one moving heaven and earth to follow ASAP.
  • Does a sylvari PC still have a Wyld Hunt? If so, what is it?

@Chadramar.8156 said:I don't think it's unfair considering how much both HoT and especially LS3 left hanging. There's not much of a reassuring track record there. But PoF was for the most part an improvement in writing quality, IMO. Maybe LS4 and continuity in general will also get better.I don't really feel like HoT or S3 left much hanging besides the fact Logan and Zojja are still out of it from what Mordremoth did to them, and even then, we see Logan is getting better, enough at least to be out in a command outpost organizing troops and the like, and he took the job as the Pact's Marshall. Even if that is nothing more then a desk job in Lion's Arch at this point.

Stuff like Malyck is stuff the base game left hanging, and HoT just didn't deal with, but HoT didn't cause it to be hanging.

HoT and LS3 left a lot open. Malyck and his tree, the condition of the Pale Tree (only very briefly and belatedly touched with the Caladbolg mini-story), anti-sylvari sentiments which the trailers implied would be a pretty big deal, the fate of sylvari who fell to Mordremoth, the Nightmare Court involvement (granted, I can't stand the Court so I'm not personally mourning that). Zojja, absolutely. Hell, even PC's involvement with the Pact, which went from "you're the co-founder and second in command" to "you have better things to do than hang with these scrubs" at a time when we should have been picking up the pieces. It also had no real epilogue like the vanilla PS did or even the ill-fated party at the end of PoF.

There wasn't really any space to pick up Malyck again in the vanilla storyline, which was focused entirely on other things. HoT on the other hand was the perfect platform for it, and it was a huge oversight for it to be missing, especially compared to say the completely unrelated nonsense detour to Rata Novus.

@Chadramar.8156 said:I don't think it's unfair considering how much both HoT and especially LS3 left hanging. There's not much of a reassuring track record there. But PoF was for the most part an improvement in writing quality, IMO. Maybe LS4 and continuity in general will also get better.What I mean is that, considering we know LS4 will be coming very soon, we don't know which plot threads were intentionally left unanswered and which will be picked up when the season resumes. After Episode 1 comes out, we might be able to call those plot lines abandoned.

• Does a sylvari PC still have a Wyld Hunt? If so, what is it?For once, they do not. Their Wyld Hunt was to kill Mordremoth (and possibly Zhaitan, but clearly more Mordremoth), and now that that's achieved, they no longer have a driving goal. They can actually act on their own for a while, which happens to align with the other PCs (that's short for Pact Commander), at least for now.@Chadramar.8156 said:HoT and LS3 left a lot open. Malyck and his tree, the condition of the Pale Tree (only very briefly and belatedly touched with the Caladbolg mini-story), anti-sylvari sentiments which the trailers implied would be a pretty big deal, the fate of sylvari who fell to Mordremoth, the Nightmare Court involvement (granted, I can't stand the Court so I'm not personally mourning that). Zojja, absolutely. Hell, even PC's involvement with the Pact, which went from "you're the co-founder and second in command" to "you have better things to do than hang with these scrubs" at a time when we should have been picking up the pieces. It also had no real epilogue like the vanilla PS did or even the ill-fated party at the end of PoF.As stated, Malyck was a leftover from the core game. It's not hanging from HoT, because it didn't cover it (made all the worse by the mention in that one book in the Hidden Archives).We know that new sylvari are being born from the Pale Tree, which means that she has been improving, although definitely still weak after the attack. Not sure if she absorbed any of Mordy's magic to help with her health, but it could certainly be a factor. For now, though, we can safely assume she's on the road to recovery.Anti-sylvari sentiments seem to be on the recession, considering Mordremoth's death means your leafy friend will no longer spontaneously turn on you. At least, not because a jungle dragon is messing with their mind.While we can't confirm it, I think it's pretty safe to say any sylvari turned into a mordrem does not turn back, just like the Unbound Risen do not suddenly die just because Zhaitan is dead. We only saw turned sylvari in Verdant Brink; any deeper in, and they'd been turned into mordrem.Not sure about the Pact thing, but we seem pretty severed from the Pact for now. We might aid them in future endeavors, but we have Dragon's Watch to allow us more independence without the bureaucracy being a high-ranking member of the Pact entails. (On a side note, Redeemer Kossan certainly seems to be ArenaNet's subtle way of pointing out why Trahearne became Marshall instead of the PC. I hope others picked up on their not-so-subtle comment there.)

@Chadramar.8156 said:snipMost of the things you listed are unresolved threads from things other then HoT

Though, HoT DOES discuss anti-Sylvari sentiments. Pact Soldiers mention not trusting Sylvari all the time, and its a pretty big part of Canach and Caithe's involvement in the storyline. They also mentioned that Mordremoth's call didn't reach out that far, and Sylvari outside the Heart of the Maguuma weren't really affected. So it was never really an issue beyond what we see.

Also, we do see the Nightmare Court under a new leader of Duchess Chrysanthea, who aids the Pact soldiers in their battle against Mordremoth's head thing. The Nightmare Court is where it always was, much reduced after we raided Twilight Arbor, and then raided it a few more times to kill the people who tried to seize power, and still against Mordremoth as they have always been.

And it was never the Commander's job to really lead the Pact, even back in the base game that was more an informal title that just allowed you to pick and choose what mission you wanted to go on. The Commander was never in charge, or responsible for, picking up the pieces.

As the title says-What is the deal with Marjory's ghost-sister blade?That was it, she died, and thus gave birth to the first elite spec necromancer "reaper", that's all-Who is Mister E?he's a mister e, and will remain to be so, I had a theory he was the guy in the well, but.. yea..-What is the "Krait Orb" really, and who made it?There are tons and tons of magical relics, and some are bound to collide with dragon energies, or suppress corruption. The krait orb is one good tool, but I think they retconned it out-What ever happened to the magic crown we had to reassemble for Rytlock when he attempted to undo the Foefire?No clue-Malyck and his tree(seriously guys)This was meant to be adressed in HoT, but due to time limitations it was scrapped. it remains to be a mystery, and in fact, even contradicts some of the HoT events, so I'd not put too much stock into it being canon anymore-The floating Wizards Tower(seriously its been 5 years Anet, throw us a bone here)The value of this IS it's mystery. If we ever get to go there, we'll be dissapoînted, and all the magic surrounding it will be gone forever-Did they ever get around to reforging Magdaer?nope, Eir gave it to a blacksmith (I thought Beigarth) and since Eir died, no one came to pick it up.. so yea.. there ya go.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:There may be more Forgotten about. Given PoF.

I was assuming there wouldn't be any because of PoF, but perhaps you're right.

Considering you yourself have linked that to me before, I have no clue how I forgot about that.

We actually get an answer to this near the end of the griffon mount collections. Without the gods' presence to protect them, creatures from The Mists are beginning to breach into the realms making them more dangerous.

I thought those were specifically Abaddon's minions, and that as a whole it was a unique situation compared to the other gods domains. Guess it's the only thing we have to go on.

I always assumed it was related to the Forgotten's exalting rituals that turn things pyrite.

Huh, this is something I didn't think about.

Well we go to the Rift in the PoF story (given that the portal in Tombs leads to the Rift), on our way to the Realm of Torment's Sanctum.

THAT WAS THE RIFT? I thought it was just some random area in the mists that was near the entrance to Kormir's realm. What tipped you off about that?

@castlemanic.3198 said:

I was assuming there wouldn't be any
because
of PoF, but perhaps you're right.

Considering you yourself have linked that to me before, I have no clue how I forgot about that.

I thought those were specifically Abaddon's minions, and that as a whole it was a unique situation compared to the other gods domains. Guess it's the only thing we have to go on.

Huh, this is something I didn't think about.

THAT WAS THE RIFT? I thought it was just some random area in the mists that was near the entrance to Kormir's realm. What tipped you off about that?

The portal to the Mists located inside the Tomb of the Primeval Kings was made by Lord Ordran and his portals all lead specifically to the Rift, therefore that place must be the Rift. The Rift is more of a gateway than anything, being the "center" of the Mists; think of a sphere where we are all living in the surface and the Rift lies underground at the core. Hence why we could get to the Realm of Torment from there. I only think it's weird that our PC and Dragon's Watch could so easily figure out or even stumble upon specifically the doorway to Kormir's realm. I guess that's how the Rift works, take you to where you want to be the most?

@Rognik.2579 said:For once, they do not. Their Wyld Hunt was to kill Mordremoth (and possibly Zhaitan, but clearly more Mordremoth), and now that that's achieved, they no longer have a driving goal. They can actually act on their own for a while, which happens to align with the other PCs (that's short for Pact Commander), at least for now.

The PC sylvari had three wyld hunts so far: the first determined by biography (Shield of the Moon, White Stag, or Green Huntsman), Zhaitan, and then Mordremoth.

It is stated in Season 2 that the one to kill Zhaitan and the one to kill Mordremoth may be the same, hinting that the Wyld Hunt is actually "kill active Elder Dragons". Season 3 didn't bring such up for Primordus/Jormag though, but S3 and PoF really washed the PC down quite a bit.

But killing Zhaitan was 100% a Wyld Hunt objective.

@Rognik.2579 said:While we can't confirm it, I think it's pretty safe to say any sylvari turned into a mordrem does not turn back, just like the Unbound Risen do not suddenly die just because Zhaitan is dead. We only saw turned sylvari in Verdant Brink; any deeper in, and they'd been turned into mordrem.

Unlike risen, Mordrem Guard are not traditionally corrupted. And evne then, we see in Siren's Landing that unchained risen can be made friendly again - we see a huntsman tame a giant risen grub, after all. Though the more intelligent ones, while no longer enslaved to Zhaitan's will, do still serve Zhaitan's final orders out of their own choice (largely because it's an "all they ever knew" bit). Mordrem Guard are different entirely, though, in that as we see during Buried Insight in Heart of Thorns, without Mordremoth whispering in their head they can revert even with Mordremoth alive. The Mordrem Guard always retained their free will, they were just brainwashed in a more traditional sense (like Elonians following Joko) from Mordremoth bombarding their mind with thoughts that were disguised to be akin to their own. That's why "strong will" was needed to resist Mordremoth's call: rather than "strong will" it would be more accurate to say "a firm sense of self", and being able to differentiate Mordremoth's tricks from your own actual thoughts.

Based on what we see, Mordrem Guard should be able to revert, but it may end up being their choice to, and many may not forgive them, and many Mordrem Guard may not see it worth going back to society out of a sense of guilt.

@castlemanic.3198 said:

I was assuming there wouldn't be any
because
of PoF, but perhaps you're right.

At front value, one would assume that. But the important note is about the Forgotten who went to Tarir. The Developers' AMA furthered why that group had "the last Forgotten" while there were still Forgotten in the Crystal Desert - aside from dramatics for the speech, the Forgotten in the Maguuma/Tarir lost contact with those of the Crystal Desert.

Now, from all we know, all Tyrian Forgotten are gone... but just as one group went to the Maguuma, it's possible another group we don't know about went elsewhere. And those "elsewhere Forgotten" could still thrive.

@castlemanic.3198 said:I thought those were specifically Abaddon's minions, and that as a whole it was a unique situation compared to the other gods domains. Guess it's the only thing we have to go on.

Developer AMA clarified the situation. They're generic Mists creatures, not specifically minions of Abaddon, and explained that they show up specifically because Kormir is no longer defending the realm, hinting that the same happens elsewhere. In fact, in the Domain of the Lost, we see many corpses of Nightmares and are told after Balthazar left, new demonic beings (specifically the Eater of Souls) arrived.

@castlemanic.3198 said:THAT WAS THE RIFT? I thought it was just some random area in the mists that was near the entrance to Kormir's realm. What tipped you off about that?

Besides the fact that all of Lord Odran's portals lead directly into the Rift, part of the Rift in GW1 is depicted in a desert-like environment just as that little area is. Furthermore, The Rift is what has access to all places, and from that spot we go into the Realm of Torment (though it is also heavily hinted that the Realms of the Gods, including the Realm of Torment, is within the Rift as well so that bit of lore may be irrelevant).

Beyond that, there's nothing to really say it, but unless ArenaNet wants to retcon more of GW1 lore, and created it to look akin to GW1's depiction of the Rift just because rather than literally anything else, it's the Rift.

Archived