[not so serious topic] What if you could choose a gw2 profession for IRL ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[not so serious topic] What if you could choose a gw2 profession for IRL ?

Hello there,

Let's imagine that you could pick a gw2 profession for the real life.
Which one would you choose and more important why ?

• Elementalist:
    Fly like a bird, recharge the battery of your phone (or more seriously, power up any device), bring water to the one in needs or why not change the weather! possibilities are endless!

• Engineer:
    Ever dreamt to be MacGyver ? now you can ! build a car with 5 leaves, 2 branches, 1 pillow and 1 bottle of beer / create a potion which makes you lose weight while eating bacon !

• Guardian:
    "doctors hate him, discover his trick". As a natural healer, you would heal literally anything/anybody you want, beat cancer by only smiling at a person ! Inspire people with your charisma and become the moral example of many.

• Mesmer:
    Do you hate your professional meeting / course at the uni or at school ? time to create a clone and simply get out (teleport out) of here.
    What ? it sounds like Naruto? tell that to my clone, he is the one writing this article.

• Necro:
    Become Dracula and be immortal ?
    Summon an atrocity to scare the annoying kid who cries somewhere in the building ?
    be the king/queen in any goth party ?
    that's your way !

• Ranger:
    Your cat is a d*** and your dog poops everywhere ? time to correct this ! speak to butterflies (they might have great conversation), leave the civilisation and stay with animals.

• Revenant:
    Channel dead people into you and draw like Michelangelo, sing like Sinatra/Mercury/Tupac (based on what you like), become grumpy cat or trololo guy (RIP), or have a chat with Tesla/Eddison, Churchill, Gilgamesh?

• Thief:
    Do I really need to write something here?

• Warrior:
    I guess... beat up stuff. be known as the one who made Chuck Norris cry in fear.

--> the list of potential skills is not exhaustive and I invite you to find and write new uses of gw2 profession IRL.

<1

Comments

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019

Mesmer, no contest. As long as pink butterflies aren't mandatory. Playing with perceptions would be the best way to get people off your posterior.

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭

@Eodh.8529 said:

lose weight while eating bacon !

Engineer, no contest.

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭

If I would get my thousands of immunities too, then definitely Elementalist (after current state)

• @Regh.8649 said:
    Engineer, no contest.

engi is best

Te lazla otstara.

• RL = eng
    My Heart = thief

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

necro: i'm lonely

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mesmers have the canon ability to bend time and even reality.

"Naruto"....... you're thinking too small.

• Doutrinador.6285Doutrinador.6285 Member ✭✭

Engineer would be awesome in real life, I mean, this guy could be and do anything with a brilliant creative (well, unstable) mind, besides being a great fellow who unconditionally helps his friends or strangers in trouble and mostly, funny as hell!

• rdigeri.7935rdigeri.7935 Member ✭✭✭

Pretty much just Engineer and make a potion for the rest of the professions

@RedShark.9548 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:
    Mesmer, no contest. As long as pink butterflies aren't mandatory. Playing with perceptions would be the best way to get people off your posterior.

Pink butterflies are the payoff for being that OP

only if you've got bad taste

• Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mesmer. But necromancer is enticing. I'm a spectacle kind of girl and illusions are great for that.

• Ranger i could go for the archery olympics hahaa

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019

@Lily.1935 said:
    Mesmer. But necromancer is enticing. I'm a spectacle kind of girl and illusions are great for that.

Undead minions running rampage are more of a spectacle imo.

Btw can we apply skills with weapons and defensive capabilities to our rl versions?
    Id take warrior, its not too over the top, but has inhuman strength, and would be proficient with all kinds of weapons and wouldnt suffer from any injuries or probably most deseases

Warriors can also boost moral and intimidate foes so he doesnt even has to fight.

• Thief for sure, with tele and invisiblity at my dsposal nothing would be outa reach, I'd be rich so very rich.

@Yannir.4132 said:
    I identify as a Guardian because I have strong morals.
    However if I could make other people follow some sort of morale using mind tricks, I'd happily class-swap to Mesmer and just mindfuck everybody to stop wars, stupid religious feuds and climate change.

that's some questionable morals you've got there

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

warrior, and use my juggernaut elite to reach top shelf....i am short person....

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ranger, I already got a cat to stand as my pet. Summoning a water spirit could be quite nice for the grass of my garden that's been burnt by the summer sun. I'd also make use of the healing spring, after all a spring isn't a bad thing in a garden.

NB.: Not sure my cat would listen to my commands thought, usually unless it's for food or if he want to be pet'd, he seem to enjoy looking from afar whatever you say to him.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Necromancer, no contest.

I'm not a fan of the concept of immortality, at least the idea of being human forever xD that would be hell.
    But with the powers of a Necromancer.. eternity doesn't sound that bad :P

• Mesmer hands down... would have so much fun with my clones. Endless entertainment, unlimited productivity, and the bowling team would be super consistent.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2019

necro so I could have my own little tireless and eternal work force. no complaints, no breaks, just good ol fashion elbow grease.

Te lazla otstara.

• Elementalist, most likely. Necro is tempting, because I'm a halloween-obsessed nerd who never quite grew out of the teenage goth phase... but I think being an elementalist would be useful more often . Plus, wind magic and flying.

• Necro. Able to raise dead grandma's and let families say their goodbyes. Or use her to attack my enemies

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

In game? Ranger
    IRL: Probably engineer with the alchemy traitline. Although it goes more into the biological route

• Tommo Chocolate.5870Tommo Chocolate.5870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2019

I'd go for Ranger, specifically Druid. I don't really have to fight in real life so offensive skills would be useless to me. On the other hand, healing skills could be incredibly useful, and Druid seems to have the best ones. Unlike most weapons, staves are readily available in real life and you wouldn't get arrested for carrying one. Plus Ancestral Grace would be useful for crossing busy roads!

The downsides are that I'd always have to wear a trenchcoat and have an animal following me around at all times.

Also, (it's not profession-specific but) it would be really annoying needing a sickle to pick blackberries!

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

I'd definitely go for revenant, spending my time channeling and conversing with the spirits of old would be amazing.

And not just because I've been watching a lot of Fate and playing a lot of Civ lately.

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019

I already choose my GW2 profession based on my engineering background, ironically.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thief. Being 6' tall and overweight irl, I would make the perfect max size fat norn daredevil.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

@derd.6413 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

Pink butterflies are the payoff for being that OP

only if you've got bad taste

You just jeelly cuz I be Fabulous!!!

@Rashagar.8349 said:
    I'd definitely go for revenant, spending my time channeling and conversing with the spirits of old would be amazing.

And not just because I've been watching a lot of Fate and playing a lot of Civ lately.

It would be more like the Venom movie.......

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭

If I can make non agressive clones, definitely chronomancer.
    Otherwise engineer.

• Guardian: I like to protect people who can't help themselves and I would love to help people feel better so they could be happy.

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

Definitely ranger/Druid, healing magic would be dope, but so would being able to just charm random animals into being obedient pets in like 3 seconds.

Not to mention I feel like summoning nature spirits could be quite useful for home/lawn care or camping.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019

My RL job does remind me of bloodmagic necro sometimes... :lol:
    But if I could chose freely, I guess I'd chose ranger. Living pets are less smelly than dead minions. Well, mostly.

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭

Engineer only one of these professions that you could make a living with

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bodybuilding for just shy of 20 yrs has left me pretty beat up in my late 30's so being as flexible and agile as a thief would be awesome at this point lol.

• rdigeri.7935rdigeri.7935 Member ✭✭✭

@dusanyu.4057 said:
    Engineer only one of these professions that you could make a living with

Nah i'm pretty sure most of these could make good money :tongue:

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

Ranger. Then I could have a stupidly carefree pet that has no self-preservation instinct… wait, I already have one… :)

Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

• Let's see...

• Engineers, while interesting in the GW Universe (mainly due to contrast) , do not really bring anything new to the table compared to what Earthern Engineers IRL could do. Hell, even in the GW Universe, the Engineer Skillset and their Gadgets seem pretty much inferior to what the Pact or the Iron Legion created (making them seem more like hobby tinkerers than Engineers, tbh). I would rather get another profession and learn Engineering the normal way.
    • Warriors: Same thing. Being a Warrior would probably make me physically fit, but their tools and abilities are ohterwise pretty much useless in a modern warfare context, and i don't think i could find a use for the extrafitness in everyday life.
    • Guardians: Supernatural Abilities, including Heal. Unfortunately it would be hard to avoid exposing yourself when using them, I think.
    • Thief: Stealth and Shadowssteps are nice, but the physical abilities may as well be learned IRL. Mesmer could do the same and more.
    • Ranger: Treehugging Hippie with a good connection to Nature and Animals. Nothing special except for the Healing, but just as with the Guardian, that would be harder to hide when in usage. Okay, maybe it would be good for farming / cultivating plants, but that's not something I would be terribly interested in...
    • Revenant: Dunno. Pretty versatile, but not up my ally.
    • Necro: Summoning the dead would be fun. It would also really attract Attention from third parties.
    • Elementalist: Probably my 2nd choice for everyday use, if it would allow for the use of elemental magic without having to use the spells we know. Being able to create Water everywhere (and heal) seems useful, doing digging work with Earth Magic is a plus, being able to warm yourself during winter is also nice, and all of it might be hidden with enough care.
    • My Choice: Mesmer. The ability to create Copies of yourself would be helpful (depending on how well they can be controlled), and illusionary disguises (as seen in some story arcs) would be a good way to hide either your abilities, or at least who possesses them from the government or other parties that might be interested in using you. Bending time and space, teleporting, becoming invisible and turning people into birds has it perks as well.
  • Vincenzo.3145Vincenzo.3145 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019

@Eodh.8529 said:
    Hello there,

Let's imagine that you could pick a gw2 profession for the real life.
    Which one would you choose and more important why ?

I would choose Chronomancer so I can just manipulate spacetime and never be late to work or have to be stuck in traffic. But as of July 16th, I need to generate clones first and that means getting jailed for having my look-a-likes assault pedestrians.

• Mesmer. Alone time reasons. Duh.

• I would want to be a guardian because I like helping people

• Elementalist

There are many good points for Mesmer, like invisibility, clones and accelerating or decelerating time...
    But I don't think they beat summoning your own personal mini-volcano in your backyard. You have it nice and warm in winter, cold in summer and you can heal people by splashing around with some water.

And don't forget the elemental glyphs! Now excuse me while I take my snowman for a walk.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• For my career, I'd say mesmer (almost finished with Law school).
    For the rest of my life, I'd go for Ranger, specifically Druid. Am always out hiking and whatnot. I started bringing my cat out to hikes too! Also I'm often worried about surviving in a post-apocalyptic war, so I feel ranger would come in super handy.

• I'm between Elementalist and Necro...

@Djahlat.9610 said:
    ... Also I'm often worried about surviving in a post-apocalyptic war, so I feel ranger would come in super handy.

Necromancer in that scenario...

• If I could pick any class of Gw2 for rl.

(I love something like that. Played DnD for 20 years ++)

My choice is: Necromancer.

Why:
    1. Get necro.
    2. Study
    3. Become undead (Lich or something)
    4. Explore this strange state called un - dead. Many, many questions about this state in detail.. but also very much time for research.
    5. Use the gifted time.

I m sure it will not get boring but on the other hand no need to do anything in universe fast.

So, enough (i could endless talk about possibilitys), nice 5 minutes daydreaming.

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭

Necro hands down. Do what you want cause no one will dare approach you. That annoying kid now has a bright future as an athelete after your minions helped him run 10 miles a day. And hell i'll take being an immortal, aging and sickness free Night King any da...night over being a loved sheep walking into the slaughterhouse/plantation like most of men. Normality's overrated, kitten the system!

• Hot Boy.7138Hot Boy.7138 Member ✭✭✭

mesmer, no competition. Who teleports and clones, plus DUAL SWORDS! i'm sold