[Merged] Reaper Tools

People paid money for these items, and because of a problem with something else in the game (that is also sold on the gemstore I might add) we can no longer use these items for 3 weeks.

Our Glyphs work as advertised, so they are not broken themselves, but because these garden plots and and ascended plants weren’t tested properly or whatever, we have to go without for almost a month.

We are are denied the use of something we paid money for, because of some other broken system in the game.

Can’t you disable the ascended plants and the garden plots, rather than the harvester? Those are the things that are broken, not the tools.

Edit. Minor side annoyance. I see they were VERY quick to disable it once they realized people were making free gold (and fair enough!), but fixing items for paying customers? Ah, they can wait three weeks. Ughhh.

Question: I haven't tested this since seeing the announcement about the problem (I haven't dared) but does the tool still work to gather mats? I did see one or two comments that it was creating ruined mats, as if gathering with too low a tool. If it doesn't reliably collect mats then I can see the ire, though am not sure what "compensation" would even be for this short term inconvenience.

If it does collect mats, just only one node at a time, then it is still an infinite tool and all that's lost is a bit of time. Or maybe a few mats; I know I was cycling through alts reassessing their mounts and dyes and a few of them were at the Sandswept farm and I just didn't bother to collect there now that I'm used to one-stop gathering. But that was on me, I could have spent a few more seconds getting the plants gathered.

I am not saying you are wrong to be annoyed, by the way. If I didn't have other infinite tools to use instead I'd really be feeling the inconvenience of having to use consumable tools for a few weeks. I'm sincerely asking how badly broken the tools are, because if they just don't do one-click gathering and otherwise work as intended then it won't take long after the bug fix for the problem to be only a memory.

I would definitely say disabling the Glyph is the better approach than disabling ascended cooking, since the Glyph affects a very small group of people.

Not to mention the vast majority of players in the game can probably be considered a “paying costumer” regardless of if they bought these glyphs or not.

@MashMash.1645 said:People paid money for these items, and because of a problem with something else in the game (that is also sold on the gemstore I might add) we can no longer use these items for 3 weeks.

Our Glyphs work as advertised, so they are not broken themselves, but because these garden plots and and ascended plants weren’t tested properly or whatever, we have to go without for almost a month.

We are are denied the use of something we paid money for, because of some other broken system in the game.

Can’t you disable the ascended plants and the garden plots, rather than the harvester? Those are the things that are broken, not the tools.

Edit. Minor side annoyance. I see they were VERY quick to disable it once they realized people were making free gold (and fair enough!), but fixing items for paying customers? Ah, they can wait three weeks. Ughhh.

You own it until the servers go down so waiting three weeks is nothing.

@"MashMash.1645" said:snip

No, actually you payed money for the right to use those items in Arenanets game. Might want to reread those Terms of Service as to what you actually own.

As far as compensation, if we are going down that road, first the developers would need to track and remove all gained gold via these tools. Then track and check who was intentionally bug abusing and hand out temporary bans. Then once that is done, and any players with these toold are left, there might be compensation.

So what do you say? Want to let the developers fix this issue properly with the time they need, or are we going with "you might have to play a different MMORPG" for the next few months?

Oh man, if it asked for compensation from every game that had to disable one thing because it glitched. I'd probably still be playing WoW. The amount of times an item glitched, a quest, a mob, a skill, a mount, a boss, etc glitched out, I should have been asking for compensation instead of going 'yeah I can just see them talking to rubber ducks now so I'mma let them just fix it'.

It's really too bad you couldn't just write a post that said "this sucks and I am unhappy about it". Then I would have said "me too!". Because it does suck and I am too am unhappy about it.

Unfortunately you had to go with the whole self-martyring consumer line and made a complete meme of the issue with this "demand for compensation".You've turned a legitimate complaint into a silly joke.

Good job.

A bit crappy that they can't just disable the glyph in the home instance. In the end though - a week and a half of a single glyph disabled is not something that reasonably motivates a compensation.If anyone bought the glyph specifically to bypass the recent fix, you made a really poor decision as that is a blatant attempt to exploit.

@Pifil.5193 said:They are currently working with Chronocorp to refund you 3 seconds of time per node you gathered. You'll get the time back at some time in the future. Or the past. Whichever.

Best answer I've seen so far in these compensation threads!On topic: No compensation is necessary. I have 3 of these glyphs myself, and I agree it's inconvenient now that I've gotten used to them. I can however live with longer gathering time until the issue is resolved - after all, I managed to gather stuff just fine without them for several years.

@MashMash.1645 said:People paid money for these items, and because of a problem with something else in the game (that is also sold on the gemstore I might add) we can no longer use these items for 3 weeks.

You're not owed anything

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Eleven days is not 'weeks'.

From 5 to 17 of September to be precise... and anyway I really do not understand why I should be patient when they had for example to give compensation for minor bugs like useless mystic forge events... in this case their failure involved a service paid with real money and they just ask for understanding

People whom bought the garden plots have just as much right to their feature theyve paid for. And disabling the glyph is far less harmful than disabling the plots.

On another note, isnt glyph of reaping only really useful with herbs? Since theres rarely wood or ore in range for it to work, unlike herbs.