Soo the point of interest called recon cove...

Griever.7480

@"Griever.7480" said:i have no idea how to open that door and could use some help, rumors say it opens due to some event but that is just messed up, locking out of completion due to event is vile, the poi should in that case be discovered when hugging the door like the others in the keep.

A good quarter of Dragon's Stand is locked behind events and this is "vile"?Come on now.Besides it's not locked behind an event.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Griever.7480" said:i have no idea how to open that door and could use some help, rumors say it opens due to some event but that is just messed up, locking out of completion due to event is vile, the poi should in that case be discovered when hugging the door like the others in the keep.

A good quarter of Dragon's Stand is locked behind events and this is "vile"?Come on now.Besides it's not locked behind an event.

this is this that is that, by your logic its not vile because it has been done before? as for locked behind event thing, i can't find any evidence that it's not, there's no discernible way to open it or go around it, if it was a super secret area without poi i could get it but locking out map completion? no no no...

@Griever.7480 said:

@Griever.7480 said:i have no idea how to open that door and could use some help, rumors say it opens due to some event but that is just messed up, locking out of completion due to event is vile, the poi should in that case be discovered when hugging the door like the others in the keep.

this is this that is that, by your logic its not vile because it has been done before? as for locked behind event thing, i can't find any evidence that it's not, there's no discernible way to open it or go around it, if it was a super secret area without poi i could get it but locking out map completion? no no no...

its part of the new jp. you are locked out of nothing unless you choose it

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Griever.7480 said:i have no idea how to open that door and could use some help, rumors say it opens due to some event but that is just messed up, locking out of completion due to event is vile, the poi should in that case be discovered when hugging the door like the others in the keep.

its part of the new jp. you are locked out of nothing unless you choose it

Where does this New JP start?

@"Gulbasaur.1865" said:FOUND IT! Instructions here.

@bunnycat.2157 said:

@"Gulbasaur.1865" said:FOUND IT! Instructions

Clicked all 4 trees and nothing happened.

Where did you find the code for the markings on the trees, looks like it changes daily

EDIT: Found where the code is. Ash Legion Camp main tent, made to look like it's been scratched into the top pf the dresser to the right of the npc.

Just to point out, it seems someone was kind enough to post a walkthrough on the wiki on how to get into Recon Cove, with a map that has the symbols marked. (Note: getting in there is how you do the Daily Grothmor Codebreaker achievement.)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Carved_Path

Keep in mind, if you leave Recon Cove and want to get back in, you'll have to interact with the trees in the correct order again. It seems they didn't make it so the area is unlocked until daily reset, allowing you to go in and out without having to mess with the trees each time.