How good is the new patch and the map?

Hey guys, Im in NZ and I have just started my shift meaning I won't be back home for another 9 hours from nowHow is the new patch and the new map?Any one tried the strike missions yet? thoughts compared to raids?Was there any new mastery to be unlocked?

Im a little excited that there are new things to do on the game but so far away till home time

I love the new map. It's big and full of energy, there's lots of places to just see what's going on and observe the terrain, the events pop frequently, there's a ton of achieves with a lot of flex room in which ones you do for the meta reward (which is a new emote). The events are fun as well. And the story is fairly light hearted until you get to some grit at the end. Completing some of the achieves will need multiple play throughs of the events, but I haven't mastered any of them yet and this is a permanent map so there's plenty of time. I'm looking forward to doing the skin collection so I can get the new t-shirt (an actual armor skin long sleeved cloth shirt).

I haven't tried strike missions yet, I don't have time today so I'll wait for enough guildies to get together to do a premade.

No new mastery that I could see. Since the live announcement said it would involve Raven and the prologue is almost completely Charr, I think we wait for Ep1 to start it.

The strike mission is complete rubbish. It isn't even as hard as t1 fractals unless you count the bugs with the invisible terrain making getting to the boss very hard.Judging by this mission, Frosty from Wintersday is exactly like a Strike mission, albeit Frosty was better

The map is fun as are the events, the story is dialogue mostly but it's a decent narrative and sets up as a decent prologue. No new mastery - it's mostly an ambient, explorable story map. That sounds bad, but it actually works for what they were trying to achieve with a prologue

Enjoyable, but the strike mission was a strike out

@JUN YANG.4328 said:i really want to know, how ls5 worth to such big hype? so far, new mount - no, weapon- no, armor - no. it do have 2 new skin in BLACK LION CHEST. you can spend money on - (RARE drop or 2000 gem). i really dont know why people so excited about. well it do look like a legendary mount. (foot print)

I really want to know how you judge a season by just the prologue alone. The most popular features of Season 4 didn't happen until episode 3 and later.

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:i really want to know, how ls5 worth to such big hype? so far, new mount - no, weapon- no, armor - no. it do have 2 new skin in BLACK LION CHEST. you can spend money on - (RARE drop or 2000 gem). i really dont know why people so excited about. well it do look like a legendary mount. (foot print)Posts like these always remind me of when my kids were younger, and their cries of "it's not fair, she got more christmas gifts than I did" even if the "more" was just an extra pair of socks. Why concentrate on arbitrary feature checklists instead of the actual fun the episode and its features give?

Have you been to the new map? Have you tried any of the meta events? Participated in the concert? The ooze pit? The lighting of the flame legion effigy? Tried any of the races or adventures? It's not just your run-of-the-mill events, but a lot of well thought-out, fresh group activities on this well-made map, lots of nooks and crannies to explore, a jumping puzzle, a scavenger hunt, several different races and adventures, new skins (weapons, backpack, and the band shirt as chest armor skin) and much much more. It's even offering a new emote as achievement reward, something a lot of people have been asking for and something I don't remember ANet ever rewarding before.

I'm not saying you've got to like it. It's less combat/reward oriented and more non-combat group activity oriented than we've seen in episodes for a long time, but the map is decently sized and the activities and events are many and frequent and a lot of them are fresh and innovative and great if you are looking to have fun. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it for all kinds of different reasons.

So far it looks pretty good. The land is great, has a pre-sear feel to it. Pre-sear is my favorite land of any game, ever. Lots to do, but also a bit of lag for me. I never lag in this game (even in the pavilion mess). This morning (Tue night in North America) it was pretty darn full ha ha. But so far it is fun.

Well, I have logged on since coming back from work and from 5.30pm I have played non-stop until 11pm nowThe new map is SO FREAKING AWESOMEThe Map is beautiful and massive , reminds me of pre-searing ascalon of GWThere is alot going on in the background , and I really appreciate the artwork gone into this mapMetas/events - The demo derby was impressive !

I was disappointed at the 30/8 announcement but ANET you have won me backAlso capped mastery points tonight too so I'm double happy

@JUN YANG.4328 said:i really want to know, how ls5 worth to such big hype? so far, new mount - no, weapon- no, armor - no. it do have 2 new skin in BLACK LION CHEST. you can spend money on - (RARE drop or 2000 gem). i really dont know why people so excited about. well it do look like a legendary mount. (foot print)

No, just a well designed OW map with lots of fun events and good writing that show Arenanet still knows its strengths.

Metal concert and a dedicated Tshirt as armor skin. A micro weapon skin. 4 New guild halls decos (branded devourer statue, charr heliplatform, charr scrap cannon and another one). An instance node. A "vip" pass. And some very fun activities: charr tanks battle, shooting stand, concert and ooze pit. Effigee is fun too once people learnt they have to throw their torch for others. The ruin event is okay. I've just lost some times to discover how to get the last poi. The door could have at least said "To enter, a code, you need to discover" with ash symbol on it.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:i really want to know, how ls5 worth to such big hype?

The Prologue, at least, has far better story telling than LS3 and LS4.It's nice and slow, and does not feel rushed like the Joko and Kralk arcs.It's also really contained and doesn't hop all over the place like LS3 does.There is hope it stays that way.

2 new skin in BLACK LION CHEST. you can spend money onSeeing that the Store is their main source of income from the game at the moment, it's only natural.