Dps benchmarks

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Those benchmarks are old news and I sincerely hope you're not referring to the weaver large hitbox benchmark. While it's debatable whether something like this should be possible at all, that benchmark is anything but representative.

no lol I don't even have a lv80 ele I'm talkin about the scourge lol I'm happy to see these numbers

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Those benchmarks are old news and I sincerely hope you're not referring to the weaver large hitbox benchmark. While it's debatable whether something like this should be possible at all, that benchmark is anything but representative.

no lol I don't even have a lv80 ele I'm talkin about the scourge lol I'm happy to see these numbers

And then the realization will set in that historically the following happens to necros:

• They are too good in PvP so they get toned down and get nerfed for PvE
  • Necros aren't allowed to be viable in PvE and will get a bug fix (being able to heal horrors, multiple sand shades being able to hit the same target)

As much as I want to see more necros, I fear the balance patch for them.

@Azoqu.8917 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

And then the realization will set in that historically the following happens to necros:
  • Necros aren't allowed to be viable in PvE and will get a bug fix (being able to heal horrors, multiple sand shades being able to hit the same target)

its hard to make a game balanced and keep it balanced when people don't play things the way the company wanted, gw2 turned into a dps type game that unless you can dish out dps people don't want you in raids, tanks are dead supports are dieing, cc is useless. its all stand here and melt it

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Azoqu.8917 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

its hard to make a game balanced and keep it balanced when people don't play things the way the company wanted, gw2 turned into a dps type game that unless you can dish out dps people don't want you in raids, tanks are dead supports are dieing, cc is useless. its all stand here and melt it

LOL.

60% of any meta party is support and it hasn't changed at ALL in the recent months... since the nerf to Naturalistic Resonance basically. The support is by far the most overpowered part of said meta party. It goes beyond simply providing buffs for the dps classes, and also does tanking and CC for them. Which is far from useless by the way. But yeah... let's cry how OP the dps is.

The dps benchmark don't consider total DPS contribution for a 10 man setting. The king for that is PS condi warrior, with just the two utility banners brining about as much DPS as a whole other player. It just won't pop up as numbers on a training golem.

As for the QT benchmarks, it is really only a hint. An other list is the average dps from raiding logs, which gives a better view towards which classes actually achieve higher dps compared to others. DPS numbers for math will for example be very different from KC (two extremes). Each boss and game mode has a unique bias towards specific form of DPS.

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Azoqu.8917 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

I suggest you watch at least one or two of the dps rotation on the page you quoted in your op.Maybe you will notice that they use boons and buffs that do not exist in their own build, but get them from other players, it's called teamwork and team composition.Some of them are passive but a lot of those require someone to perform a rotation to provide them, like Alacrity or Might or Grace of the Land.In reality, buffs increase the dps x3 times, so dps builds do triple damage when fully buffed by their friends.So no, this isn't a dps type game that is all about dps, in fact it's really far from it. Your total ignorance of how the game works shows with posts like "tanks are dead and cc is useless" and I wonder if you've ever tried to Raid even once.

That 38k Scourge deals less than 15k damage without all the buffs

@zealex.9410 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Scourge's high benchmark is caused by unintended behaviour of shades and it was already confirmed by dev during ama shades gonna get fixed next patch.

which prob leaves scourge in the trashcan feelsgoodman

Ah yes, necro the only class that can have it's elite specs nerfed before release and then nerfed again immediately following.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Scourge's high benchmark is caused by unintended behaviour of shades and it was already confirmed by dev during ama shades gonna get fixed next patch.

10/17/2017 - October 17th Release Notes

-World Polish-

Profession Skills

Necromancer

• Fixed an issue which caused Necromancer to be desirable in PvE content.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

-World Polish-

Profession Skills

Necromancer

Finally, this bug was really annoying

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

-World Polish-

Profession Skills

Necromancer

It's like the time they fixed the "Bug" with jagged horrors being able to be healed. Totally made perfect sense and was totally a bug.

Archived