Soulbeast is weak

Archon.6480

I beg to differ. The only reason why i don't get shredded by soulbeasts is either because I'm on bunker fb or I'm smart enough not to stick around for a maul or wordly impact.

I did once run into a soulbeast who chained cc'd and wouldn't let me get away allowing him to land the big hits and own me. Only happened once though.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:yeash Soulbeast is weak af against everything. And once they nerf new pets it's bottom tier elite. It can deal pretty good damage when running zerk build, but that means it would die in 2 secs against condi/thief/warr.

Valkyrie/Rage is a viable option

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:yeash Soulbeast is weak af against everything. And once they nerf new pets it's bottom tier elite. It can deal pretty good damage when running zerk build, but that means it would die in 2 secs against condi/thief/warr.

Valkyrie gives u hp, that scourge eats 0.5 seconds slower than Marauder amul. It's zerk build. No toughness so holosmiths and warrs just bangs you if you cant keep range.

No, it's really weak. Even in full zerker, everything spec'd into damage, it is easily outplayed by pretty much everything. The damage coefficients are not high enough and the utility is not present. It gets creamed against those who know their class. Bunkers can swat it down, and the other damage dealers have more utility/invisibility/damage etc.

Can you get some lucky downs when no one is paying attention? Sure, but that's a one trick pony tactic that doesn't work well. This spec is really not interesting and doesn't compete with Druid. The pet skills and utilities just don't work when you need them and when they do work, they are underwhelming. Is anyone really having a hard time fending off soulbeasts?

@Archon.6480 said:No, it's really weak. Even in full zerker, everything spec'd into damage, it is easily outplayed by pretty much everything. The damage coefficients are not high enough and the utility is not present. It gets creamed against those who know their class. Bunkers can swat it down, and the other damage dealers have more utility/invisibility/damage etc.

Can you get some lucky downs when no one is paying attention? Sure, but that's a one trick pony tactic that doesn't work well. This spec is really not interesting and doesn't compete with Druid. The pet skills and utilities just don't work when you need them and when they do work, they are underwhelming. Is anyone really having a hard time fending off soulbeasts?

Thieves.

Soulbeast is a bug ridden mess with a third of the melded skills being underpowered, with boring and weak traits, a low damage no-utility dagger, glorified single-player shouts as utilities and a clunky timegated mechanic.It's a shameful gimmicky mess of a spec that needs a crap ton of bug fixes and buffs as a whole.

At least Renegade has its place in WvW lol.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

Valkyrie gives u hp, that scourge eats 0.5 seconds slower than Marauder amul. It's zerk build. No toughness so holosmiths and warrs just bangs you if you cant keep range.

Vs Scourge go with longbow, Bear Stance if it catch you. When you have forced his stunbreak swap to gs, leap and than hit with Hilt Bash/Maul. If he want to survive to your LB will have consumed all the endurance.

But GS isn't the answer to everything and if played right you can kite melee class easily (Dolyak stance helps in that regard)

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

Vs Scourge go with longbow, Bear Stance if it catch you. When you have forced his stunbreak swap to gs, leap and than hit with Hilt Bash/Maul. If he want to survive to your LB will have consumed all the endurance.

But GS isn't the answer to everything and if played right you can kite melee class easily (Dolyak stance helps in that regard)

Problem is LB doesnt do enough damage, and while scourge stands on point with shades and marks in his feet, you can't go melee. And if you can't go melee you aint killing necro. Ranger has stability only on elite or dolyak stance. Plus you need condi cleanse. So... good scourge can always get out of LoS, wait u come close enough to condibomb you, or you run and he "wins". Only if pets can cc scourge soulbeast has chance with melee fights.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

Problem is LB doesnt do enough damage, and while scourge stands on point with shades and marks in his feet, you can't go melee. And if you can't go melee you aint killing necro. Ranger has stability only on elite or dolyak stance. Plus you need condi cleanse. So... good scourge can always get out of LoS, wait u come close enough to condibomb you, or you run and he "wins". Only if pets can cc scourge soulbeast has chance with melee fights.

Longbow's damage isn't so bad with crit+modifier and if the cap is contested by the Scourge you can push it away and send in the smokeskale (no gazelle contempled) to follow the CC and burst it down. If the cap is already of the scourge why go to contest it?If you can decap or win then go for it, otherwise rotate (or maybe lure it off point)..

Soulbeast is just an inferior warrior with no sustainNo access to resistance, short duration stability, long cd immune damage, no long duration block , bad sustain, bad cleanse with long cd (Bear stance cd will kill you after it expires in 4 secs), and got melt down by everything.

Oh, feel free to pull out your Longbow and got countered so hard by all the meta class with reflection.

When I play a Spellbreaker, ranger is basically free kill, even worse than Deadeye. (Deadeye got stealth to troll people, and can dish out 10k per hit if timed right)All they can do is run away as soon as I get to the cap point since the pet will only triggers Full Counter easily and kill them. It's a free decap whenever I see a Ranger in PVP right now.

@Aomine.5012 said:Soulbeast is just an inferior warrior with no sustainNo access to resistance, short duration stability, long cd immune damage, no long duration block , and got melt down by everything.

Oh, feel free to pull out your Longbow and got countered so hard by all the meta class with reflection.

When I play a Spellbreaker, ranger is basically free kill, even worse than Deadeye. (Deadeye got stealth to troll people, and can dish out 10k per hit if timed right)

+1. This is so true. As a druid, you can atleast kite and troll, but you cant contest or bunker points anymore. And ofc cant kill anything because no dmg (not counting gazelle).

@Aomine.5012 said:Soulbeast is just an inferior warrior with no sustainNo access to resistance, short duration stability, long cd immune damage, no long duration block , bad sustain, bad cleanse with long cd (Bear stance cd will kill you after it expires in 4 secs), and got melt down by everything.

When I play a Spellbreaker, ranger is basically free kill, even worse than Deadeye. (Deadeye got stealth to troll people, and can dish out 10k per hit if timed right)All they can do is run away as soon as I get to the cap point since the pet will only triggers Full Counter easily and kill them. It's a free decap whenever I see a Ranger in PVP right now.

Peoples who don't run Clarion Bond or Unstoppable union, rofl.Brown Bear gives Resistance along with a good heal and another damage immunity.

When the gazelle will be toned down many will pick it, bowbear isn't a noob levelling build exclusive anymore.

Yeah after some testing and duels, soulbeast is garbage. at this point the only working builds I've seen are biks sniper ranger and condi soulbeast. and even then u better make sure to outskill your opponents cause u get fucked if u don't.

the problem is not damage, it's the evades bieng on relatively high cooldown, compared with high cooldown damage immunity, lack of damage reduction, and passive heals. it's still functions as the pre hot damage builds.

i still play it cause i like it. but yeah it's garbage.

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Soulbeast is just an inferior warrior with no sustainNo access to resistance, short duration stability, long cd immune damage, no long duration block , bad sustain, bad cleanse with long cd (Bear stance cd will kill you after it expires in 4 secs), and got melt down by everything.

Peoples who don't run Clarion Bond or Unstoppable union, rofl.Brown Bear gives Resistance along with a good heal and another damage immunity.

When the gazelle will be toned down many will pick it, bowbear isn't a noob levelling build exclusive anymore.

Have fun killing anyone with bear transformation lolz.Yep you get your resistance, hurray, with long cd and no damage.

You think Spellbreaker works only cuz of sustain? Their Full Counter doing 8k Aoe damage, aoe stun, and transfer 5 conditions bombed by Scourge to the enemy's team , with so many access to resistance and large passive healing while dodging/ blocking is the main reason why they're so strong.

Heck, Soulbeast doesn't even has boon removal too, with bad cleanse, bad resistance access, bad passive healing , yet Anet want Ranger to use these tools to play like a Warrior.

Sincerely hope you're not in my team with your bearbow Soulbeast. Please be on the other side.

I have spent some time playing soulbeast. Tried both power and condi build. Power build is quite fun to play, but it has not much of use in PvP. You can pew pew from range, hoping that your team mates can tank long enough untill you pew pew the enemy a little more and kill them. The dmg while playing zerker amu aint really bad, but ofc suistaine is very low. Once someone get close you can't do much, either try to run away or die. Though, Deadaye can do this job much better I think.

Condi build is garbage. Tried various builds and weapon setups but nothing was really working. The condi preassure is just too low. Dagger has no use in the current Scourge/Spellbreaker meta who destroys you at close range easily. Deadaye eats you freely from range as you lack mobility to chase him. Although I would personally love to use dagger, the design is really sloopy and doesn't fit to current meta. The sword feels still superior to dagger, with the evades and better mobility it offers there is no reason to use dagger over sword in any build be it power or condi. What I would like to see on dagger is for example nr2 skill (Double Arc) working like theif's sword nr2 (Infiltrator's Strike).

In beastmode the beast skills are really great and I wouldn't change a thing. The other skills F1 and F2 feels on the other side very underwhelming when it comes to dmg. Considering I use them in full zerker build the skills are not even worth to spent the time using them.

The new pets are mostly nice. Gazzele is obviously OP and needs some shave or rather it NEEDS a FIX. While in most cases the charge dmg is OK (up to 6k crits on squishy builds) time to time it does some ridiculous dmg like 15k and once I even manage to kill-finish a guy. He didn't even go to downstate but was instantly dead.

All in all I don't see soulbeast replacing druid. Druid is superior and offers way more then soulbeast can.

@Aomine.5012 said:Have fun killing anyone with bear transformation lolz.

That don't prevent the weapon set usage unlike reaper's/death shroud. Its not like you'll go biting to death foes..

Yep you get your resistance, hurray, with long cd and no damage.

And a 3s cd Damage immunity, it could be handy in many situations

You think Spellbreaker works only cuz of sustain? Their Full Counter doing 8k Aoe damage, aoe stun, and transfer 5 conditions bombed by Scourge to the enemy's team , with so many access to resistance and large passive healing while dodging/ blocking is the main reason why they're so strong.

No, and I don't read anywhere where you could have read so. Soulbeast don't play as SB and comparing it to a dedicated PvP class is like to compare a PvP reaper with a PvP scrapper.