Rytlock dies! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Rytlock dies!

Nury.3062Nury.3062 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 18, 2019 in Lore

Rytlock dies saving his son(because of Bangar) and somehow Logan is around to go on a rampage and kill Bangar in revenge! What do you think? Too generic?!

<1

Comments

• @SidewayS.3789 said:

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Nury.3062 said:
    Rytlock dies saving his son(because of Bangar) and somehow Logan is around to go on a rampage and kill Bangar in revenge! What do you think? Too generic?!

Your post title is a disgrace to the wonderful, spoiler free community we have here at GW2 by revealing such a major plot point to all the community in your post title. I can't believe it. Thanks for spoiling the story for me and everyone else!!! ANet, where are your moderators to immediately stop something like this! Thanks for ruining my day. I'll NEVER visit the forums again because of this. Been a loyal GW2 player since beta and never have I been so upset at someone for their lake of consideration for other players and their enjoyment for the story.

You forgot to use /sarcasm off. :astonished:

Wait, so this whole rytlock thing isn't true? I didn't even read the post, all I saw was the title and immediately lost my mind.

• @CrimeDog.5614 said:

@SidewayS.3789 said:

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Nury.3062 said:

Your post title is a disgrace to the wonderful, spoiler free community we have here at GW2 by revealing such a major plot point to all the community in your post title. I can't believe it. Thanks for spoiling the story for me and everyone else!!! ANet, where are your moderators to immediately stop something like this! Thanks for ruining my day. I'll NEVER visit the forums again because of this. Been a loyal GW2 player since beta and never have I been so upset at someone for their lake of consideration for other players and their enjoyment for the story.

Wait, so this whole rytlock thing isn't true? I didn't even read the post, all I saw was the title and immediately lost my mind.

No, Rytlock doesn't die or anything of it. In his post, he's speaking of maybe a future for Rytlock.

🔥 Korvinus Baelfire 🔥
    👉 Guardian on [SFR]👈
    💥 [TLS] 💥

• @SidewayS.3789 said:

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@SidewayS.3789 said:

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Nury.3062 said:

No, Rytlock doesn't die or anything of it. In his post, he's speaking of maybe a future for Rytlock.

Oh well then I apologize. Honestly, I do, but that just goes to show how passionate I can be about the story and I just couldn't believe someone would have posted a spoiler like that. Well at least my day isn't ruined now ha.

• Ryukai.6524Ryukai.6524 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019

@Yannir.4132 said:
    Personally I hope it's more:

Rytlock: "What are you doing, my son?"
    Ryland: "Succeeding you, father.", then stabbing Rytlock with Sohothin.

Not that I'd like that story beat, I would just love it if ANet just blatantly went there. Pay a little homage to the grand daddy of MMO's while not using it directly.

Personally I'm thinking more of a

Rytlock yells: Warband, move out! Champions, watch your backs. The Icebrood have been...
    Icebrood Ryland yells: Join me, father. Join me and we will crush this world in the name of the Icebrood -- for the glory of Jormag!
    Rytlock says: My boy died at the Bitter Horn. I am here only to collect his corpse.
    Icebrood Ryland yells: Stubborn and old. What chance do you have? I am stronger, and more powerful than you ever were.
    Rytlock says: We named him Ryland. It means "Heart of the land" in Ancient Charr. I would not let the flame legion take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by my Warbands Legion.
    Rytlock says: I made a promise to Crecia that I would return to the Far Shiverpeaks alone - whether I lived or died, my son would be returned. Untainted...
    Rytlock says: Today, I fulfill that promise.
    Rytlock charges!
    Icebrood Ryland yells: Pathetic old Charr. Come then heroes. Come and face the might of the Icebrood!

xD

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

i feel click baited

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Hynax.9536Hynax.9536 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019

@derd.6413 said:
    i feel click baited

Same...

OP, can you please add some tag to the post? Something like [Suggestion] or [Theory] together with [Spoiler]. The title is really misleading, and there are players that haven't played the episode yet to know that Rytlock had a cub.

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

I really, really, really hope it doesn't go that way. Please, I don't want that stupid Kylo Ren-ish family plot in GW2...

Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

• You really should change the post title. I also thought this was a major spoiler and was immediately let down. After seeing that it is not the case, I feel like the title is very misleading and borderline trolling.

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2019

They dodged the bullet of Rytlock replacing Bangar as Imperator.
    I'm hoping Rytlock's little family finally gets to come back together, at least for a little while.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• I think its a terrible idea. Not interested in any more members of Destiny's Edge getting killed off, particularly in such a terribly cliched way.

Hate Is Fuel.

• Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah. Good job, kid. Might want to watch how you drop your left though.
    Ryland Steelcatcher: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Something tells me that Rytlock might regret that advice.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

They’ll build up Ryland more and then have him become corrupted by the ice dragon with the rest of the Charr. Very GoT-ish. I’m not sure if they’ll kill off Rytlock.

• @Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324 said:
    Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah. Good job, kid. Might want to watch how you drop your left though.
    Ryland Steelcatcher: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Something tells me that Rytlock might regret that advice.

Or, assuming Ryland doesn't end up getting corrupted, ends up being advice that saves his life.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2019

I think his son will be turned half Icebrood, and Rytlock will have to kill him to not let Ryland suffer, but while dealing the blow, Ryland will spread the corruption on Rytlock, and he will play it cool, but in time Rytlock will also turn icebrood, very slowly, but Sohothin will keep him alive.

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arden.7480 said:
    I think his son will be turned half Icebrood, and Rytlock will have to kill him to not let Ryland suffer, but while dealing the blow, Ryland will spread the corruption on Rytlock, and he will play it cool, but in time Rytlock will also turn icebrood, very slowly, but Sohothin will keep him alive.

No, Ryland will start getting corrupted, but then he will sacrifice himself to stop the evil Prince Braham from killing Jormag, breaking the icebrood curse, and teaching Jormag about the power of true love. Then Ryland and Rox will get married and live happily ever after... until they find out they are actually brother and sister. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@perilisk.1874 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

No, Ryland will start getting corrupted, but then he will sacrifice himself to stop the evil Prince Braham from killing Jormag, breaking the icebrood curse, and teaching Jormag about the power of true love. Then Ryland and Rox will get married and live happily ever after... until they find out they are actually brother and sister. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

:#

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

They’re definitely setting up from some Daddy Drama. I feel like the writers put work into illustrating the rift between them and Rytlock’s seeming guilt about it.

A bit surprised to see him so sentimental. Charr culture always seemed pretty dismissive of genetic familial connection. I guess culture and tradition don’t always mesh with reality though.

• @Arden.7480 said:

I suspect given Rytlock's major issues surrounding Sohothin, my theory is that it comes down to Ryland will need to wield Sohothin to keep the corruption in check; forcing Rytlock to decide between the weapon that has defined his adult life, or the son he doesn't know.

• @Tremor.7481 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

I suspect given Rytlock's major issues surrounding Sohothin, my theory is that it comes down to Ryland will need to wield Sohothin to keep the corruption in check; forcing Rytlock to decide between the weapon that has defined his adult life, or the son he doesn't know.

A "passing of the torch" moment? Could work, and if Rytlock ends up becoming Imperator, that leaves us with an empty slot that needs to be filled.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nury.3062 said:

he's a revenant, it would be ironic.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nury.3062 said:

No, not at all. As long as he take Taimi with him....

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@SidewayS.3789 said:

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Nury.3062 said:

no it was failed attempt at Sarcasm that comes off too serious on the internet.

• Way too generic... and dramatic. Angsty-teenager-fanfiction level generic, soap opera dramatic. I'll pass.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nury.3062 said:

GW2 is very generic in its story-telling, so this is likely to happen. Him or Crecia will die, that's my prediction.

Yeah, though this last episode felt pretty well written, they've fallen back on those soapy cliches before. So I wouldn't be surprised, but maybe they've made extensive changes to their writing staff.

• They used their son's story to give the commander a reason to intervene, the commander is not obliged to save anyone who decides to attack a dragon.
    To kill Rytlock would be a mistake in my opinion.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zallesz.1650 said:
    You really should change the post title. I also thought this was a major spoiler and was immediately let down. After seeing that it is not the case, I feel like the title is very misleading and borderline trolling.

What is the problem, sure ppl might think they have gotten spoilered, but they didnt.

Also why would you go into the lore forum before you played the story? That just begs for spoilers and i wont care one single bit who comes here before playing the story.

On topic: i kinda like rytlock, even tho he betrayed the warrior masterclass and went hocuspocus revenant. Hes still one of the more loyal members of our guild (oh and kitten logan, he can die for all i care, jennah wasnt worth it to sacrife one, or at that point even all of his guildmates might have died just to save her sorry kitten)

I doubt we’ll be seeing much of Rox now anyway, unless the Olmakhan become involved in Icebrood Saga. They seem to have pretty much written her out.

That said I’m excited to see more of Jory and Kas again. And intrigued to see how Kasmeer’s personality may have been affected by her loss of faith.

Rytlock is the only remaining Destiny’s Edge character the writers have kept across all expansions and living world chapters, but I could see them giving him some sort of send off in Icebrood, whether it’s death or a political promotion he doesn’t want but feels obligated to take.

• Didnt read through the posts,
    Bangar gets corrupted. We have to kill him. Blood Imperatorship is offered to Rytlock, but he declines. It's then offered to Crecia who takes on the role, with Ryland becoming the new Tribune of Security. Or Crecia takes the Imperatorship, Rytlock resigns his post, and Ryland takes his place as Tribune.

Bring back Ceara

• @Abraxxus.8971 said:
    Didnt read through the posts,
    Bangar gets corrupted. We have to kill him. Blood Imperatorship is offered to Rytlock, but he declines. It's then offered to Crecia who takes on the role, with Ryland becoming the new Tribune of Security. Or Crecia takes the Imperatorship, Rytlock resigns his post, and Ryland takes his place as Tribune.

Ehh. Crecia outranks Rytlock, she is already acting as Imperator in Bangar's absence. As soon as Bangar dies, Crecia gets the position by default--unless someone kills her for it, which Rytlock would not.
    Ryland's still a kid, basically. He got promoted to Centurion because he has friends in high places, but he's super young and inexperienced for the role--he's pretty much just one of Bangar's lapdogs at this point. If Bangar dies and Crecia takes over, Ryland would either stay a Centurion and learn to fill the role, or get demoted for his poor decisions.
    Rytlock may somehow end up being the Khan Ur--his combination of charr ferocity, open-mindedness, and diplomacy with all races... plus his lack of interest in political power... set him up to be the perfect (but unwilling) person for the job. Short of that, I could see him staying a tribune (and being more comfortable with the position under Crecia's command), or leaving the Legions entirely to devote himself to the Pact.

• I prefer Rytlock retires and Ryland replaces him but it just as generic as him dying.

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

Ry-bowl confirmed.

Apathy is death.

• @Ultramex.1506 said:
    I prefer Rytlock retires and Ryland replaces him but it just as generic as him dying.

His last assignment is a crazy conspiracy goose chase, and he says "I'm too old for this skritt."

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• Rytlock will be the new Kahn Uhr

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im pretty sure we will loose rytlock by the end of this, not to death. But by leading his people and him becoming the next Khan-ur, which he then will basically ensure true peace between the charr and humans and enforce it. I think this is like the King arthur story they are going with, where Rytlock will have to overcome his fears and failures as a person to become stronger and since he has the sword of flame he would be the only one capable of leading. (Or some such thing.)

Might be we meet the original Khan-ur's spirit and we find that rytlock is a direct descendant and that this spirit has been with rytlock all this time, guiding him and watching him to make sure he doesn't fail like the original did. The "You were born for this" role... so to speak.

• @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    Im pretty sure we will loose rytlock by the end of this, not to death. But by leading his people and him becoming the next Khan-ur, which he then will basically ensure true peace between the charr and humans and enforce it. I think this is like the King arthur story they are going with, where Rytlock will have to overcome his fears and failures as a person to become stronger and since he has the sword of flame he would be the only one capable of leading. (Or some such thing.)

Might be we meet the original Khan-ur's spirit and we find that rytlock is a direct descendant and that this spirit has been with rytlock all this time, guiding him and watching him to make sure he doesn't fail like the original did. The "You were born for this" role... so to speak.

I think it'd be funny (if not ironic) if he turned out to be the reincarnation of Prince Rurik.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I think it'd be funny (if not ironic) if he turned out to be the reincarnation of Prince Rurik.

Wouldn't that be hilarious...

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Or Bangar and Rytlock fight with eachother. Then Rytlock is hanging down a cliff trying to pull himself up again and Bangar steps before him, bend over and Rytlock asks "Imperator! Help me!" Then Bangar bends over, grabs Rytlock's arms, stares deeply and evil into his eyes and only says "Long live Rytlock Brimstone!" before throwing him off the cliff where he falls into a horde of Dolyaks running from danger.

Okay, I go back into my corner. ^^

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• @Cynder.2509 said:
    Or Bangar and Smodur fight with eachother. Then Smodur is hanging down a cliff trying to pull himself up again and Smodur steps before him, bend over and Smodur asks "Bangar! Help me!" Then Bangar bends over, grabs Smodur's arms, stares deeply and evil into his eyes and only says "Long live the Khan-Ur!" before throwing him off the cliff where he falls into a horde of Dolyaks running from danger.

Okay, I go back into my corner. ^^

FTFY

All these squares make a circle.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

Lol the clickbait
    So much rage xD

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.