Signet of Courage & Virtue of Resolve passives

Potato PC William.2583

@Aeolus.3615 said:I c so many player with it.. even when they are full zerker.Are they running full signets? Probably just lazy players that don't want to use their skills so they pick the one with a passive effect.

But they nerfed the healing coefficient last year down to 0.15. Signet of Courage is less than 80% of the healing you get from Virtue of Resolve, which already isn't very strong. The active could actually be good, but even after several buffs, the cast time is still 2.5 sec. That's just too long to be useful in emergencies where you'd want to use it.

So I agree with Otto here. There's just no situation where it's a good choice in the current state of the game.

@phor.7952 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:I c so many player with it.. even when they are full zerker.Are they running full signets? Probably just lazy players that don't want to use their skills so they pick the one with a passive effect.

But they nerfed the healing coefficient last year down to 0.15. Signet of Courage is less than 80% of the healing you get from Virtue of Resolve, which already isn't very strong. The active could actually be good, but even after several buffs, the cast time is still 2.5 sec. That's just too long to be useful in emergencies where you'd want to use it.

So I agree with Otto here. There's just no situation where it's a good choice in the current state of the game.

The weirdest is that ic players that do decent damage with it and that are DH, Fb, on wvw.. that’s my filter to avoid to play with this Allies...

@otto.5684 said:They do. However, there is no context where Signet of Courage is viable. Do not use it.. ever.

Doesn't matter really. Guard elites are the least important parts of their builds, and its only in specific situations they've ever mattered to some kind of rotation. You could make the PvP and Raid argument, but those no longer matter to the majority of players..... and you know exactly why. :P

And since theres never a good reason to use those skills, or ever be in a situation that uses those skills.... may as well take the one that gives a passive bonus.

• 1 year later...