xp

Events will give you more exp than hearts do. So, do the hearts and other map completion, but also be sure to participate in as many events as you can. Also, killing Neutral mobs (the ones wit Yellow names instead of Red names) usually gets you a nice chunk of experience, especially if the mobs have been standing there for a while.

@Magnuzone.8395 said:No it shouldnt be any change in XP according to the patch notes.

And if you continue to give salty comments to ppl only trying to help you, you shouldnt ask questions in the forums.

Thanks for answering my actual question.

It is not salty to point out that people are not actually answering what someone is talking about. It is actually quite rude to do that and a bit selfish. Those kind of people are just looking for digital brownie points. And it just shows the person was not really wanting to help out. Just to sound important.

It is like going to Geek Squad for an issue about a hard drive failing and they start talking to you about an email Server. How would you feel if that happened to you? I bet you would feel a little upset and remind the people you are dealing with that that is not what you are here for.

Same concept here.

I am not asking about how to level, Like mining or rezzing people. Or Killing yellow named mobs, or doing events over hearts. I know all that. In fact in my first response I said that I know all that.

In stead I was talking about a marked and noticeable difference in xp from about 4 weeks ago to now. And I wanted to make sure I was not missing something in a patch or any thing a dev might have said.

TL:DR How to level =/= a question to see if they nerf'ed XP. It is not salty to point that people were not actually answering the question and not being helpful to another player. In the Player helping players forum.

@dchsknight.3042 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Are you using boosts for XP or XP from kills?

All of my boosters say "From all Game types" except for my guild banner booster. which says kills.

OK. Sorry to bother you again. I would like to know what boosters you are using, im looking for high XP boost for Masteries and i cant get More than 60%xp and 400% from kills

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:I would like to know what boosters you are using, im looking for high XP boost for Masteries and i cant get More than 60%xp and 400% from kills

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience#Experience_modifiersI believe the following are for "all sources":

• Draconis Mons Empowerment (effect)
  • Bloodstone Empowerment (effect)
  • Blessings of the New Year (from 'Lucky Firecrackers', which are only a few of the firecracker items).
  • Celebration Bonus (from Celebration & Birthday Boosters)
  • Black Lion Boost

However, I haven't tested any of these recently, so I'm hoping some other folks can confirm (or refute) the claim.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:I would like to know what boosters you are using, im looking for high XP boost for Masteries and i cant get More than 60%xp and 400% from kills

I believe the following are for "all sources":
  • Draconis Mons Empowerment (effect)
  • Bloodstone Empowerment (effect)
  • Blessings of the New Year (from 'Lucky Firecrackers', which are only a few of the firecracker items).
  • Celebration Bonus (from Celebration & Birthday Boosters)
  • Black Lion Boost

However, I haven't tested any of these recently, so I'm hoping some other folks can confirm (or refute) the claim.Most of them are for xp on kill, it shows up when you open one of them in wiki, not in that list. Like celebration booster, i always tought its XP boost... Nope, XP from kills

I would advise using food, utility, if you have a guild the guild booster, fireworks from the tp along with your experience booster. You can also purchase boosters from the laurel vendor to add on. A majority of theese are on kill boosters except the laurel one and the guild one. But they will all add up and help you out in the end <3

I typically level toons each week from 1-5ish before boosting them to 10 for key runs, and have noticed no difference. Completing the Hearts immediately available in Queensdale gets me to level 5 consistently, varying only by the number of events I catch.

Completing a Heart provides a large XP jump, as does an Event.

Archived