For those playing Spellbreaker .....

SkullsandRoses.5803

Alright I have maxed out Firebrand and Soulbeast and now Im looking at my Beserker ....

IS Spellbreaker worth it? Im hearing mixed things in game. Some are saying its an amazing elite and some are saying it sucks and to just stick with Beserker :3

Thoughts, advice, comments welcome ... should I run all maps for the HP it takes to max? I currently run Beserker with GS/Mace/Axe

@Purgatori.3645 said:Alright I have maxed out Firebrand and Soulbeast and now Im looking at my Beserker ....

IS Spellbreaker worth it? Im hearing mixed things in game. Some are saying its an amazing elite and some are saying it sucks and to just stick with Beserker :3

Thoughts, advice, comments welcome ... should I run all maps for the HP it takes to max? I currently run Beserker with GS/Mace/Axe

If you like PvP or WvW, definitely worth it. If you're only into PvE, it's questionable. A lot of the features don't even make sense in a PvE context. Such as removing boons when NPCs don't really have that many, and interrupting, which won't work on an NPC with a break bar. I don't think it is competitive at all DPS-wise so if you're into the hardcore PvE raid stuff, then it's not worth it. If you're just into using your own builds and having fun in open world or instanced content with friends, then I think it could still be fun. I do like the feel of the daggers.

Here’s my POV from someone who wvw and have no clue what any of the other spec has since I’ve only played my SB since the expansion.

Pve, open world only and not raids or fractals or all that fancy stuff, it’s ok I still prefer core warrior.

For wvw, like I said I only know SB so far, haven’t learned anything about the other professions, bring condi cleanse, dodge stuff don’t stand on red circles, it’s fun and really good. Would like to see how much of an improvement I can bring when I finally familiarize myself with the other professions

Actually i found some of the desert bounty champ are using boon a very often.

Todayi just go for the bounty for the spellbreaker dagger, i found him always have retaliation and 2 other boon up, another player kept eating dirt besides me. Then i decided to use dagger burst to remove the boon and i found the other play no longer eat dirt until we beat the champ.

So i wont say spellbreaker is not worth for pve, provided with full counter it is easier to solo stuff than before.

@Jinks.2057 said:Spellbreaker is useful in all aspects of the game.

Well see this is where I get confused.

Im PVE only ... and a lot of posts are always saying ,"in PVE it dosent matter" or like " this specialization is useless in PVE"

This really irritates me because I STILL have to be effective in parties, squads and taking down random bosses/events that take the population of the map to complete (like Teq or TT) and i have to survive aswell because I do all content solo unless for reasons listed above ...

So to me all builds/specializations matter! Cant break bars etc if your build sucks ...

I can't speak for raids and fractals but I find in open world stuff zerker-geared spellblade (henceforth I dub thee the zerkblade) is tons of fun. I use d/d with the phalanx build mentioned in another thread - and hammer for cc and I keep a rifle for a couple of annoying things (and also cos I quite like the rifle's skills, even if the damage is wonky)

Zerkblade is great. Sure dagger could do with a slight numbers boost but it's still very viable

It needs a slight buff for WvW and PvP as the dps loss isn't really worth the boon removal or reflection yet. A necro can easily remove boons just as easily and cause more damage from it, Still too easy to kite a warrior unless their running a GS which limits the build variety - plus GS burst damage is still the best -.

Don't get me wrong its a very very fun class to play, the nerf they did to it before launch just took a little too much steam out of it, it really just needs a little bit of adjusting. In my opinion it would at least preform better than a Berserker build for sustained power burst damage to really justify the lack to condition damage the class has even in WvW to compel people with a reason to switch too it.

As far as Pve for regular content, regular dungeons and T1 or T2 Fractals spellbreaker is okay..... It just doesn't do anything another class couldn't do better with them also squeezing out more dps on top of what ever the spellbreaker would be doing. So don't switch to spellbreaker and expect to be rocking raids with it, its more of an aggressive meta WvW class.

In WvW the traits are very useful though, they just lack some burst dps to really follow them up compared to other-classes outperforming them - necro's for boon removal and guardians for everything else -. Right now if you want to dive into it a spellbreaker it makes an excellent team member for dealing with projectile damage, as a anti support class, and locking down mid to low range gankers for your teammates to pile on.

@Zero.5307 said:It needs a slight buff for WvW and PvP as the dps loss isn't really worth the boon removal or reflection yet. A necro can easily remove boons just as easily and cause more damage from it, Still too easy to kite a warrior unless their running a GS which limits the build variety - plus GS burst damage is still the best -.

Don't get me wrong its a very very fun class to play, the nerf they did to it before launch just took a little too much steam out of it, it really just needs a little bit of adjusting. In my opinion it would at least preform better than a Berserker build for sustained power burst damage to really justify the lack to condition damage the class has even in WvW to compel people with a reason to switch too it.

As far as Pve for regular content, regular dungeons and T1 or T2 Fractals spellbreaker is okay..... It just doesn't do anything another class couldn't do better with them also squeezing out more dps on top of what ever the spellbreaker would be doing. So don't switch to spellbreaker and expect to be rocking raids with it, its more of an aggressive meta WvW class.

In WvW the traits are very useful though, they just lack some burst dps to really follow them up compared to other-classes outperforming them - necro's for boon removal and guardians for everything else -. Right now if you want to dive into it a spellbreaker it makes an excellent team member for dealing with projectile damage, as a anti support class, and locking down mid to low range gankers for your teammates to pile on.

"Needs" a buff in WvW and PvP? I've been a warrior since the closed beta and cannot agree with that point in the slightest. If anything we should go down in power, as well as possibly shifting some of that power into different aspects of the spec. Also comparing it to necro which is mostly scourge right now is also irrelevant because scourges are ridiculous in wvw and pvp. At least your assessment of the spec in PvE is right.

I don't think spellbreaker need any buff in pvp and wvw, neither as nerf.

But i think maybe we can consider change full counter CD like ride the lighting, if full counter didn't get triggered, goes to 15sec CD, if full counter is triggered, keep 8sec CD. This will reward smart players for not triggering a full counter, but punish players that does painfully; it also reward spellbreaker to use FC at right moment but punish the one who just spam FC whenever it is up.

Archived