[Suggestion] Transformation that improves challenge and/or acts as requirement for JP completion

I was thinking about the hard invisible walls on jumping puzzles in old maps that really affect your mobility, and how there's little reason to go back to old maps because of how little challenge and rewards they provide, and a saw a solution inspired by the Dolyak Race in the Festival of the Four Winds: place an NPC that "transforms" you and throttles your abilities and access to mounts (not by turning you into a Dolyak, but by limiting access to abilities), in exchange for what could be a new type of currency reward for map participation and as a requirement to be able to loot the chests and complete the achievements from the jumping puzzles. Perhaps the possible new type of currency reward could be used within a track system similar to PvP and WvW.

JP rewards could be made worth it again, you could go up against more challenging mobs, invisible walls could be eliminated by locking your access to related chests and achievements unless transformed in this way, and you would have much more of an incentive to go back to old maps in a way that would also be completely optional so it wouldn't be imposed on you.

However, this idea might not be good because it would require significant effort for what's perhaps little reward and appeal. It'd have to address things like "What if a non-transformed mesmer decides to create an effortless portal?" and I'm sure there'd be two sides, the people who still want mesmer facilitated JP completion and the people who want JPs to be rewarding again. And things like "What's preventing me from using my OP normal state and switching to this for the kill?", where the answer might have to involve timers, combat condition, and separate types of transformations. Perhaps I should simply suggest the removal of invisible walls because the rewards have already been adjusted for mesmers already :3

Jumping puzzles already are a challenge to many players. Dropping substantial extra rewards that are exclusive to young people with good reaction time, good computer hardware, and a good internet connection to the game servers doesn't look like a great idea to me. I'd rather see that development effort go into content directly targeting that part of the playerbase (more complex strike missions? new fractals? story mission challenge modes?).

@Rasimir.6239 said:Jumping puzzles already are a challenge to many players. Dropping substantial extra rewards that are exclusive to young people with good reaction time, good computer hardware, and a good internet connection to the game servers doesn't look like a great idea to me. I'd rather see that development effort go into content directly targeting that part of the playerbase (more complex strike missions? new fractals? story mission challenge modes?).

@Schwarzwald.9078 said:... bla bla bla ...Perhaps I should simply suggest the removal of invisible walls because the rewards have already been adjusted for mesmers already :3

Body is 3 characters too short.