Most Efficient way for Viper's exotic gear.

Othrim.8540

Hello,

I would like a guiding hand to help point in me in the right direction to obtaining Viper exotic gear.Fairly new to the end game.. Even if someone can point me to a resource to use that explains in detail how to get pieces that would help a lot.The wiki maybe useful if you understand what you're looking at, but it can be quite daunting if you don't have prior knowledge to the item names etc..

Thanks in advance.

Viper ascended is easier then viper exo :)

For Viper Exo you need to farm the Tarir meta to collect all the recipes you need and buy the exo Insigne/Inscription at Tarir Merchant and craft them. EDIT: Wasn't aware they are tradable, you can buy the recipes in the TP. Thx, Khisanth.2948

Viper Ascended: craft/take any Ascended armor/weapon with any stats, buy the exo Insigne/Inscription at Tarir Merchant, convert them in the mystic forge to viper. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge#Ascended_equipment_prefix_changeAscended Viper jewelry/backpack you can buy on LS3-4 maps for map currency and choose Viper Stats.

So my recommendation: Buy the asc jewelry for viper (and infuse it with WvW-Expertise infusions), (EDIT on) if you have crafting 400, buy the recipes and craft viper-exo, if not, you can temporarily use some weaker condition Exo armor/weapon prefix like sinister, carrion or rabid from TP (EDIT off) till you learned crafting 400/500 and collect gold/mats to craft them and are finally able to replace them with viper ascended

@Linken.6345 said:Dont spvp and wvwvw reward track give boxes with exotic you can chose stats on?

They do but unless someone really prefers those game modes it is faster to get in PvE.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:You can get it from any stat selectable exotic now.so bladed or laystone armor should work.

Leystone is not selectable. It is always wanderer.

@"Dayra.7405" said:Viper ascended is easier then viper exo :)

For Viper Exo you need to farm the Tarir meta to collect all the recipes you need and buy the exo Insigne/Inscription at Tarir Merchant and craft them.

or you just buy them. They are dirt cheap. The most expensive is 7s48c for instant buy.

Viper Ascended: craft/take any Ascended armor/weapon with any stats, buy the exo Insigne/Inscription at Tarir Merchant, convert them in the mystic forge to viper. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge#Ascended_equipment_prefix_changeAscended Viper jewelry/backpack you can buy on LS3-4 maps for map currency and choose Viper Stats.

So my recommendation: Buy the asc jewelry for viper (and infuse it with WvW-Expertise infusions), take some weaker condition Exo armor/weapon prefix like sinister, carrion or rabid while you learn crafting 500 and collect gold/mats to craft them and are finally able to replace them with viper ascended

There is no reason to be using sinister as a "while you wait to get viper" thing. That is just wasting money/materials.

@Othrim.8540 said:Apologies for the ignorance, I imagine its the bladed gear thats the exotic gear from HoTs, that allows stat selection?

yes

Which WvW track gives the Exotic gear? + Where would I be looking to go for Viper weps? (pre ascended)

triumphant for WvW and glorious for PvP but getting the gold and crafting them would probably be faster than completing the tracks

there is also a hero weapon track for WvW for weapons