Sand Savant 1 In The Chamber WvW Only Suggestion.

Demon Puppet.6873

It is safe to say the new Sand Savant... is about the opposite of what we asked for. I understand what the team was trying to do and I even agree with the damage happens at your feet or at your shade not both. But making it now hit 10 people will just make the good WvW guilds better and the pugs worse. Now 50 people will die instantly instead of 25.My suggestion to fix this is for Sand Savant to only give you 1 Shade in the chamber. But! reduce the recharge from 30 seconds to 15. So you have 1 Shade on a 15 second timer and it last 15 seconds. So the instant it disappears you can cast it again. This make it where Pirate shipping with it is still going to be very effective but once you use that 1 Shade you have to wait 15 seconds to move it again or be able to cast Shroud skills at your feet. Keeping it as a 3 Shade load out is just going to be too strong. This way it is an actual decision of "Do I want to be able to bomb 10 players every 15 seconds? Or do I want to have 3 shades that hit 5 each?" Both will be strong and viable but it will be determined by play style/preference.

Also keep in mind this would be a WvW only change just like the increase in Cool down on the current Sand Savant. I know this would be a huge nerf in PvE.

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:30sec if u fail u have to deal your team fail, 15 would be cake walk spam.

Not really. You cast Shade it stays for 15 seconds and has a 15 second CD. Most fights are determined within the first 10-15 seconds. So not be able to clutch relocate your Shade for your F2-F3 is pretty crucial.

Wich makes scourge have to manage well it’s big shade, rather than recolocate it after 15 sec...if a second enemy group is nearby.

Game is overloaded with aoe on short CD, playing arround that is like giving automated weapons to idiots that don’t know how to fight nor think besides press buttons.

Note: Imo is a good change, decent groups will better noticed because atm game is very keymahser with numbers and everyone can overperform under certain circumstances and that is for what gw2 is known to be, wich has punished more the game than anything else, it’s a low effort game for results with the game gimmicks, imo this will give more space for more builds and every one has to play better.

Note2: I would had a second effect to the game on big shade something like a sand quagmire effect to slow targets with speed boon that were cought by it.