Completely separating game modes into different games.

kraai.7265

How would you feel if pvp and wvw was completely stripped from the core game, wvw gets reworked to work more like pvp (build wise) and with a separate dev team to manage balance and in game changes?.We could gain more attention to balance (which is in a very bad spot) by separating balance between game modes completely, with no dependance at all. (no more uncalled nerfs in pvp/wvw because of pve balance issues us pvpers don't even know)

.Better community feedback management (instead of this infestated forum of pveers who won't learn how to pvp and only cry for nerfs)

.We could separate rewards, so never more a pve player has to play wvw to get something, or the other way around. Players would choose what game style they want, and the rewards could be the same or less, most wvw players play for fun and to participate in huge wars and battles (very few other games provide this experience). This means no more bots, or reward track farmers.

.We could also work on crazy ideas like instead of making classic wvw maps, using the pve maps to make campaigns, choosing a few maps every month, or even risk it all and make a copy of the pve world, but pvp oriented, that way mounts would have a real purpose (current maps are too small for warclaws, except red BL) i've always dream about fighting for castles in the middle of the snowy mountains. Cheap way to always give us some "new content" with new landscapes to fight on, and a good excuse to revive core tyria zones, too birds one stone.

.And we could also forget about servers, and make open campaigns were players can join any of the three current servers, with balancing meassures ensuring no over population or time zone abuses. (no more blackgate vs everyone else).

I actually belive wvw and pvp in this game is dying, most of my friends and guild mates left the game with pof release, things like deadeyes, mirages, scourges and holo drove them away of this game, warclaw was the last nail on the coffin, not because of having mounts, but because of that crazy desing, 10k hp, no unmount skill whatsoever. It was fun at first watching how no one wanted to unmount before foes. just standing there and looking at each other, what a show.And the lack of balance regarding pvp and wvw, plus the silent treatment anet gave us only encourage the ones left to reject all hope in this project, and forums speak for themselves most of players are pissed, if you don't belive me go to mesmer forums and search for chrono posts lmao. Or go to wvw forums and check the deadeye perma stealth posts, warclaw posts and the ones about blackgate, there are so many unresponded, plus the ones banned it's not funny anymore.

So thats why i belive either they need to shut down pvp/wvw servers, remove them from game or do something drastic and significant to both game modes (balance and content wise) before it's too late (i already think it's too late but the combat in this game, and the wvw game mode has so much potential it's sad to just give all hopes up and move on)

@"Excursion.9752" said:Every game mode is "dying" and even though something may be dying like old games do, it does not mean you have to go nuclear on it.

First of all, i love that banner, second do you really think every mode is dying? beacuse i would argue pve side is better than ever, tons of skins and cosmetics, tons of whales showing them off in several places, stacked world bosses, and world events, lots of hype online for living world.

Even tho now you mention it, lw fans are starting to complain simplicity in story (what i wonder is how they have fun doing those missions, so repetitive and boring fights, and so much unnecessary narrative)Also i know fractals community is getting bored about it, and raid community had some drama a while back.But overall i see even more pve players than before, with tons of really expensive skins and stuff.

I would love to know what you mean with "every game mode is dying"

@Astralporing.1957 said:I'm quite sure that neither pvp nor WvW have enough players currently to be able to sustain them (meaning: sustaining devs dedicated to them). Asking the modes to be split is asking for removal of pvp modes from the game.

I would posit that maybe that has happened.

With a small amount of hyperbole and sarcasm, granted.

As a PVE mostly player, I actually like having to drop into WvW to get specific things I want, such as GoB or the WvW mount. I love the flexibility to move between different parts of the game... adds variety and flavor to the experience. Since I am mostly casual, I am not up to date on all the WvW or PvP issues. I just play and have a good time. Just my nickel's worth.

@Elothar.4382 said:As a PVE mostly player, I actually like having to drop into WvW to get specific things I want, such as GoB or the WvW mount. I love the flexibility to move between different parts of the game... adds variety and flavor to the experience. Since I am mostly casual, I am not up to date on all the WvW or PvP issues. I just play and have a good time. Just my nickel's worth.

the sad thing is that players that enjoy it that way, are the ones hurting that game mode, IM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!! but of those pve players with high forum ranks, that play wvw once or twice a week, aren't too skilled in combat against players, get farmed and come back here to cry and cry for nerfs.

Also we are ignoring always that most of the uncalled pvp/wvw nerfs are pve oriented nerfs, and meanwhile something gets fixed there wvw and pvp suffer for it.

@kraai.7265 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:Every game mode is "dying" and even though something may be dying like old games do, it does not mean you have to go nuclear on it.

I would love to know what you mean with "every game mode is dying"There are less people playing now than when GW2 was released. We used to have full maps before the implementation of mega servers. Then it started to become a ghost town on some maps so we got grouped together. I basically am saying modes should not be removed because the player base is smaller than it once was. The only reason people keep coming back to Living world is because they update it. I'm sure if an update was released that people were excited about people would come back at least temporarily to see if made the mode better.