Roll a New Character for Icebrood Saga?

SamKablam.6241

Odd question: For every expansion, I created a new character to play out the story and accompanying living world season. With Icebrood Saga, its not technically a new expansion, but the second living world season to come out with POF. Does it feel like a new chapter worthy a new character, or does it feel like an additional chapter to POF that I should continue with my POF character? Ya feel me?

Officially, it's a PoF map with credit given to PoF masteries. It's also Season 5. Personally, I prefer consistency in my story and do my first run through a story with the same character, but you can do what you enjoy more. Many talked about rolling up a charr or a norn for the story, since they will be getting more focus in the story. The prologue is steeped in charr culture, so follow that if you want, or don't. I always enjoy finding out a character has a different line recorded for their personalized background.

Do you mean you make a new character who, at least in your mind, is starting their journey through Tyria with this storyline and has not done any of the preceeding stuff? Because in that sense I think it would be very odd to make a new character for Season 5 because there's references to previous events right from the begining - your invited to this gathering because you're the Pact Commander who killed Kralkatorrik and Aurene's Champion and throughout the prologue you're expected to explain and defend her behaviour.

If that doesn't matter and you just want a different race/profession/appearence for your character every so often then I'd say this is a good time to make a swap.

I consider that you should make a new one. The way i see the saga it like an expansion.You finish living story 4 and had your endingThe prologue from saga, it a bridge between what happened in story 4 and what will happen in story 5Also if you make a new character I will choose a norn or charr since it will be center on them, it possible that they will make one achievement or some special dialogue like they make for sylvari in HOT.( was nice to play the storyline with one, complete different then normal character, especially when at the end all 3 sylvari entered in dreamworld)

@Rognik.2579 said:Officially, it's a PoF map with credit given to PoF masteries. It's also Season 5. Personally, I prefer consistency in my story and do my first run through a story with the same character, but you can do what you enjoy more. Many talked about rolling up a charr or a norn for the story, since they will be getting more focus in the story. The prologue is steeped in charr culture, so follow that if you want, or don't. I always enjoy finding out a character has a different line recorded for their personalized background.

yeah and its very mount depedent, some vistas is impossible without them.