Adjust the “winning scores” for the losing side

Westenev.5289

Hello all. This is just a concept, and I’m not 100% sure if it is feasible. But, as far as I understand it, the MMR system deliberately creates games that it believes will be won or lost. I think this is a tad unfair, it’s not fun, and because of this, the “losing side” needs a handicap to stay in the game.

… And how would we do this? By adjusting the “winning score” for the losing party!

At present, the winning score is set at 500. A close game should see both teams reach this number near amounts, but my games often see scores of 100-300 win or lose. These matches are often where one team is dominated, and really, in these games you can’t really blame the people who don’t want to step outside the starting gate.

Now, if there is a correlation between these “dominations” and the MMR deficit, I believe the score should be appropriately lowered for the “losing” side.

I also think in scenarios where players fail to re-join the instance, the “winning score” should also be lowered. We all know 5v4 is favourable to the party with 5 members – but I’m interested to see what the four member party can do despite this. They should have the bar lowered just a little to encourage them to jump out of the gate and actually try.

Archived