How is this ok ?

Ysmir.4986

How is the current state of lag in WvW is ok? How is this acceptable in any shape, way of form? This game is currently on sale, you're promoting it, and yet 1.5 out of 3 game modes are unplayable. PvP population wise is dead and is receiving almost no meaningful content (no, I don't consider new titles or new armor sets "meaningful content") and you have WvW which becomes unplayable when 40 people are in the same spot. When its 90, it's even worse, beyond what is considered even to be broken.

This is absolutely shameful. I know that you said "you're working on it", but it's been almost a month and a half and this is STILL A THING. When on other games server maintenace takes more than 2 days its already considered too long but here anything goes I guess!

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt. I really do. But we don't hear anything, no real communication. We don't know what the issue is, what is your progress on it, so we just assume that you don't care about the people that play that game mode! The one guy in the back of the room indeed.

Absolutely shameful. I have no words.

@"Ysmir.4986" said:How is the current state of lag in WvW is ok? How is this acceptable in any shape, way of form? This game is currently on sale, you're promoting it, and yet 1.5 out of 3 game modes are unplayable. PvP population wise is dead and is receiving almost no meaningful content (no, I don't consider new titles or new armor sets "meaningful content") and you have WvW which becomes unplayable when 40 people are in the same spot. When its 90, it's even worse, beyond what is considered even to be broken.

This is absolutely shameful. I know that you said "you're working on it", but it's been almost a month and a half and this is STILL A THING. When on other games server maintenace takes more than 2 days its already considered too long but here anything goes I guess!

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt. I really do. But we don't hear anything, no real communication. We don't know what the issue is, what is your progress on it, so we just assume that you don't care about the people that play that game mode! The one guy in the back of the room indeed.

Absolutely shameful. I have no words.

check your isp if they limit your connection.

i can run full setting in blobs as long as my isp holds.

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Most likely this user side. Otherwise there would be 1000 dudes making threads and agreeing with the few who complain not the other way around

Or maybe these "1000 dudes" already quit game?Yesterday on reset I had lags aswell, even if I was on the opposite side of map to big fights... My ping was spiking to 400+ in big fights, it was 100+ near enemy blob, and normally my ping sits around 50 and no, it's not my side. Ofcourse, my skills worked after like 10s after "using" them or they didn't even trigger at all.Guys, really, stop this "MoSt LiKeLy ThIs UsEr SiDe" meme... Just because you're that lucky 1% that never gets lags, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't have them.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:I have a "budget Friendly" gaming build and even in a zerg 3 way (one happened on Thursday) I didn't lag. My ingame graphics are set to medium to high. ANy higher and my stream itself gets laggy, however my game will still be playable.

That can't be big fights where enemies actually use their skills.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Most likely this user side. Otherwise there would be 1000 dudes making threads and agreeing with the few who complain not the other way around

Or maybe these "1000 dudes" already quit game?Yesterday on reset I had lags aswell, even if I was on the opposite side of map to big fights... My ping was spiking to 400+ in big fights, it was 100+ near enemy blob, and normally my ping sits around 50 and no, it's not my side. Ofcourse, my skills worked after like 10s after "using" them or they didn't even trigger at all.Guys, really, stop this "MoSt LiKeLy ThIs UsEr SiDe" meme... Just because you're that lucky 1% that never gets lags, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't have them.

With the amount of those that say that they dont have lag vs those that complain about lag, can it really be a "1%" scenario? Seems more like minority is those that complain about the lag. Im cheap af, dropped $600 on parts (GPU/CPU/Mobo/PSU/Ram), budget friendly and have little no no issues if im not streaming (on my streams, if I go max graphics it does stutter, however in game im 95% fine)

@Timelord.8190 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:I have a "budget Friendly" gaming build and even in a zerg 3 way (one happened on Thursday) I didn't lag. My ingame graphics are set to medium to high. ANy higher and my stream itself gets laggy, however my game will still be playable.

Oh there were def skills being used. Seems all groups were def there for the fight

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Check your ISP. If it were Anet servers then everyone would be experiencing it.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:It has been proven there is a major problem as per a dev post on reddit.

Link?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"c space cowboy.2764" said:It has been proven there is a major problem as per a dev post on reddit.

Link?

Theres more in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/cuikws/this_is_the_sort_of_thing_the_wvw_community_has/

d9nMXtM.jpg

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I have a "budget Friendly" gaming build and even in a zerg 3 way (one happened on Thursday) I didn't lag. My ingame graphics are set to medium to high. ANy higher and my stream itself gets laggy, however my game will still be playable.

Oh there were def skills being used. Seems all groups were def there for the fight

Show a single video which shows a big 3-way fight without skill lagg.

@Timelord.8190 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I have a "budget Friendly" gaming build and even in a zerg 3 way (one happened on Thursday) I didn't lag. My ingame graphics are set to medium to high. ANy higher and my stream itself gets laggy, however my game will still be playable.

Show a single video which shows a big 3-way fight without skill lagg.

Can't remember if I was streaming at the time or not. It would have been Thursday and was on and off a few times (darn kids and adult responsibilities lol) and remember I missed streaming at least once. Ill have to check it out.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:

@c space cowboy.2764 said:It has been proven there is a major problem as per a dev post on reddit.

Link?

d9nMXtM.jpg

Notice the last part of their post?

@c space cowboy.2764 said:

Link?

d9nMXtM.jpg

Stop being so clever and amazing, players! You're breaking the servers!

I have an i5@3Ghz, strixGTX970 with graphics low, but not lowest, overclocked ddr3 ram, 3meg down/1.5 meg up, my ping is ~80, near a zerg ping is ~1600, and 2 zergs fighting ping is ~3500, but things didn't used to be this bad, I used to have ~150-250 ping in zerg fights a couple years back.

Im confusedBeing from a country where lag is 200ms+.... Gw2 is the best when compared to its competitors (eso sits in the 600's, swtor sits in the low 300's and eve in the mid 300's)..I get a stable 195-210ms from the great land of Australia, with zero to minimal skill lag. And got DC'd once in 9 months.

Whats your connection? Is your pc connected to a potato or fibre?What's your average download and upload?What pc are you running? A new pc or something 7 years old?Have you done a tract route? Where is your isp sending your data and how many hops does it do?

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Im confusedBeing from a country where lag is 200ms+.... Gw2 is the best when compared to its competitors (eso sits in the 600's, swtor sits in the low 300's and eve in the mid 300's)..I get a stable 195-210ms from the great land of Australia, with zero to minimal skill lag. And got DC'd once in 9 months.

Whats your connection? Is your pc connected to a potato or fibre?What's your average download and upload?What pc are you running? A new pc or something 7 years old?Have you done a tract route? Where is your isp sending your data and how many hops does it do?

Which provider do you use?I'm with Telstra and best i got was 230ms+ on a 50/20 connection.....haven't seen anything below that.I have tested previously with TPG, MyRepublic and Aussie Broadband (all 100/40 connections) and all were really crap with constant lag to the point game being unplayable like 3k-4k at times very often.