WvW Day/Night time problems

Slycor.2398

Everyone knows the problem i guess that you have matchups where you don´t really have big siege fights on prime time, because you can get a tier 3 castle in the night mostly with 5-10 player instead of max squad...

Maybe a daytime and nighttime map would solve the problem ;). Let me explain my idea.

If you run with 8 Maps in total, but only 4 available, depending on your time ( So 4 Daytime Maps eg. from 12am till 10pm and 4 Nighttime Maps from 10pm till 12am).The points just tick from the currently 4 active maps ofc.Maybe letting EBG as it is without a day/night cycle would be an option aswell^^.

Advantages of this idea:No cheesy Night siege capsMore big siege fightsYou can better use day /night sigills (small but nice too =) )Reset day even more intense (cuz two resets, can be a bad point aswell^^)Fresh wind if you play between the timesYou can structure your server that you have clear daytime / nighttime commis

Disadvantages:The map swap proberbly have a downtime simular to resetYou possibly getting pulled out of fighting when server change happenscan be confusing (especially for new player)

If you know more Advantages or Disadvantages fell free to post it down below ;)If you think sth of the system idea is wrong tell me also ;)

Thanks for your attention

<3

I don't understand what this is supposed to do?

Night capping is why some servers that people like to hate on are where they are, which is coverage. Adding a night map would further help them, as the map swap to night is going to happen after prime time when the other servers have gone to sleep, yet that one server with coverage, their night crew is going to get on to a fresh reset map with everything paper, no supply, and no siege for the other servers small night crew (if they have one at all). So that server with night coverage is going to control everything, and they are going to T3 it by the time the day map comes along. Now, once day map is up, and the larger day crew that actually stood a chance of back capping those T3 structures can't, because the night map has already rotated out. Then, when night map comes back for the second night, the server with coverage has their larger night crew rewarded with T3 structures.

This is the opposite of what people are asking for when talking about coverage and server balance.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:I don't understand what this is supposed to do?

Night capping is why some servers that people like to hate on are where they are, which is coverage. Adding a night map would further help them, as the map swap to night is going to happen after prime time when the other servers have gone to sleep, yet that one server with coverage, their night crew is going to get on to a fresh reset map with everything paper, no supply, and no siege for the other servers small night crew (if they have one at all). So that server with night coverage is going to control everything, and they are going to T3 it by the time the day map comes along. Now, once day map is up, and the larger day crew that actually stood a chance of back capping those T3 structures can't, because the night map has already rotated out. Then, when night map comes back for the second night, the server with coverage has their larger night crew rewarded with T3 structures.

This is the opposite of what people are asking for when talking about coverage and server balance.

I almost think the OPs description actually creates an even worse scenario: I don’t think he wants the maps ‘reset’:

Normal reset would take place, but in 12 hours a new group of maps would take their place, which, would be as you noted, a clean slate.,

But then, at the next 12 hour map (I.e 24 hrs after weekly reset), the original maps that were what they were at, for arguments sake: 1000 AM est would pop back in at the state they were at when people left.. so., T-3 all around for the heavily populated server who has off hour coverage. Then that group would just need to respond to keep their tick, instead of worrying about upgrading.

Add to the fact that the off coverage server would also be able to.. hold its own and maybe lose a little ground, their maps won’t really change much. Lots of T-1s all around with the occasional T-3.

Won’t help the scores any, and likely make it worse...

Now it may make prime time fights go up, as more Structures would be T-0 to T-1, but it certainly won’t help the outcome of the match.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I almost think the OPs description actually creates an even worse scenario: I don’t think he wants the maps ‘reset’:

Normal reset would take place, but in 12 hours a new group of maps would take their place, which, would be as you noted, a clean slate.,

But then, at the next 12 hour map (I.e 24 hrs after weekly reset), the original maps that were what they were at, for arguments sake: 1000 AM est would pop back in at the state they were at when people left.. so., T-3 all around for the heavily populated server who has off hour coverage. Then that group would just need to respond to keep their tick, instead of worrying about upgrading.

Add to the fact that the off coverage server would also be able to.. hold its own and maybe lose a little ground, their maps won’t really change much. Lots of T-1s all around with the occasional T-3.

Now it may make prime time fights go up, as more Structures would be T-0 to T-1, but it certainly won’t help the outcome of the match.

Which was more or less my point. The servers with lower coverage, the only chance they have is capping back upgraded structures once in prime time and they have the numbers, as it stands right now that is. However, this day night system would remove the ability of that prime time player uptick (for the servers with lower coverage) to be able to cap those back, as the maps would be out of rotation by then. And when prime time is over, and the smaller night crew servers log in, they are not only going to be out numbered, but have the joy of starting off their night facing T3 structures. It would absolutely kill off whatever remaining night crew those servers had, and would result in more or less free ticks for the server with greater coverage.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Which was more or less my point. The servers with lower coverage, the only chance they have is capping back upgraded structures once in prime time and they have the numbers, as it stands right now that is. However, this day night system would remove the ability of that prime time player uptick (for the servers with lower coverage) to be able to cap those back, as the maps would be out of rotation by then. And when prime time is over, and the smaller night crew servers log in, they are not only going to be out numbered, but have the joy of starting off their night facing T3 structures. It would absolutely kill off whatever remaining night crew those servers had, and would result in more or less free ticks for the server with greater coverage.

Couldn’t agree more..

Highly convoluted idea/solution for what in essence is a very simple demand, "better" handling of WvW systems during low activity times.

Long, long ago I suggested using something similar to "day" and "night" like how outnumbered work, except mapwide. So as long as there a low number of players on the map, its "night". During the this "night", ppt would be lower, ppk would be higher, maybe all keeps no longer have their boons, stuff like that. When population increases, it would become "day".

Simple and effective. Has absolutely nothing to do with real time and is per map.

Simply change 2hrs skirmishes into intervals of 8hrs.

I woke up one day to the enemy ticking 500+ and the other 2 servers were +0 and +2

Longer skirmishes mean nighttime squads that keep dodging every single tad of a teeny tiny fight would get to catch a win, slamming doors, only once, not a whole 50% of the mu.

@Auburner.6945 said:Simply change 2hrs skirmishes into intervals of 8hrs.

I woke up one day to the enemy ticking 500+ and the other 2 servers were +0 and +2

Longer skirmishes mean nighttime squads that keep dodging every single tad of a teeny tiny fight would get to catch a win, slamming doors, only once, not a whole 50% of the mu.A longer skirmish doesnt actually help since it also delays primetime scoring. Depending on what the actual hour rotation is (when it ends/begins), you might even help off hour with this while crippling a servers ability to score in primetime.

A flexible system that doesnt depend on the time of day will always be vastly superior.