Question about stats

chaosdurza.3291

There's no point in trying to mimic mender because pve/wvw have no need of all these stats at the same time. The only reason why mender is meta in pvp is because there's no better option, but that doesnt make mender itself good, especially on ele in pve/wvw. You mostly use it in pvp due to healing power and vitality, power and precision have absolutely no use.

What game mode, role and elite spec are you trying to build? It's way easier to make a build that way than copy something that's bad to begin with.

I'm hoping to use a build similar to the D/F Auramancer build. I like that when I'm using menders in PvP, I'm still able to do some damage, although I'm certainly not spiking anybody down. But I provide decent boon support to my group, above average group heals, and decent sustainability due to the higher than normal health pool. I'm not looking to do enormous spikes of damage, but still enough to contribute. That's why I feel like the power and healing power primaries are nice, and having vitality as a secondary is helpful because ele falls over if someone sneezes near them.

@chaosdurza.3291 said:I'm hoping to use a build similar to the D/F Auramancer build.

Game mode? Group/solo?

I like that when I'm using menders in PvP, I'm still able to do some damage, although I'm certainly not spiking anybody down.

Which is exactly why mender is pointless. On ele you can either spec to have great heals or great damage, but never both. For solo scenarios in either pve or wvw, you'll never need more than 500 healing power so you can mix marauder and crushader for example. For group content you'd either want damage or support because there's no point of ever taking someone that gives both because healing/dps wont be good enough or needed at all (if you had a dedicated healer in group, your heals will just be a waste, but your dps is so low that it's not even worth having you in the group).

But I provide decent boon support to my group, above average group heals, and decent sustainability due to the higher than normal health pool.

For boon support you'd want to use warhorn since focus is useless outside of single target CC and self defense. However, if you're already there to provide boon support, might as well focus fully on supporting because with mender your damage is insignificant and your boons are barely there. Boon duration and healing power would be a lot more useful than power and precision in that case.

I'm not looking to do enormous spikes of damage, but still enough to contribute. That's why I feel like the power and healing power primaries are nice, and having vitality as a secondary is helpful because ele falls over if someone sneezes near them.

There's no point for that. You can do any kind of wvw and pve in full glass cannon gear so healing power isnt always necessary, especially when you play with groups so your contribution in hybrid gear wont matter at all, it's still a worthless 2k crit once every 5 seconds. In case healing is necessary, you have actual healers that can heal 10 people so any kind of hybrid support that tries to do damage and heals will barely make a difference (unless it's some kind of firebrand/renegade who can easily provide some important boons regardless of their dps/heal role). Focusing on a bit of both makes you useless because you're not actually doing any of both to the point when they matter. There's no contribution when you're doing 30% of the work that you'd do on a specialized build, even if it's 5 different things that you provide (and you dont because ele doesnt work like that).

@chaosdurza.3291 said:So you recommend getting enough healing power to reach 500 and putting the rest into damage? Maybe with marauder stats so I've got some level of durability?

As I said 2 times already, it really depends on what you're trying to achieve and where. As far as Im concerned, I never needed healing power for anything unless I was playing a healer in raids, fractals or wvw. Maybe for soloing champs, but as soon as you bring more than 3 people there healing power becomes irrelevant.

Check some builds on metabattle based on content you're trying to do and get motivation from those.

@"chaosdurza.3291" said:I'm hoping to use a build similar to the D/F Auramancer build. I like that when I'm using menders in PvP, I'm still able to do some damage, although I'm certainly not spiking anybody down. But I provide decent boon support to my group, above average group heals, and decent sustainability due to the higher than normal health pool. I'm not looking to do enormous spikes of damage, but still enough to contribute. That's why I feel like the power and healing power primaries are nice, and having vitality as a secondary is helpful because ele falls over if someone sneezes near them.

Just for consideration, this is what I run in OW and enjoy it quite a bit. Has 937 HP, but still decent power/prec/condi:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAsilJwcYUsLGJeuSutVA-zRZYLJEmb0wdUkQgjCaCnOdkoAikA2GA-e

Not as much vitality as you wanted, but you get good active defense from Protection from auras (overloads, dagger4, Flash-freeze) which you also give to 5 allies, and offer decent healing from water overload, scepter3, dagger5, Flash-freeze, water elemental, and traits (could take Elemental bastion as an option, also Wash the Pain Away).