EU Server Status do a check please.

Duca di Ebonhawke.1045

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:

@Ysmir.4986 said:Because Piken is notorious for being barren and people there play extremely casually? They don’t zerg, don’t join a raiding guild and Piken has no gvg group?

Just some ideas.

Because , probably you have no direct experience of what you talk ....just some facts.

I actually have a lot of experience on Piken. Even led there a couple of times. And then I transferred to greener pastures and life has never been better in WvW.

Still trash overall, but still better than on Piken.

@"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:Please can you check if your algorithms works fine ?How can be that Piken it is the unique Full server when it is very difficult even to cover a border and when even some players moved out ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

So its not EU server status what bothers you, its piken server status. Why not write that instead of some misleading thread title?

@Garrus.7403 said:

@"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:Please can you check if your algorithms works fine ?How can be that Piken it is the unique Full server when it is very difficult even to cover a border and when even some players moved out ?

So its not EU server status what bothers you, its piken server status. Why not write that instead of some misleading thread title?

Because this is the 4th(?) time he's posted this exact same thread...

@Fish.2769 said:

Because this is the 4th(?) time he's posted this exact same thread...If course it is. Because while everyone say they want balance, they dont want to balance themselves. Everyone else is whats wrong.

@hallonknopp.6532 said:

If course it is. Because while everyone say they want balance, they dont want to balance themselves. Everyone else is whats wrong.

That comment would made sense if PS would have been a T1 server. To me it looks like they struggle to stay in T4.

Doesnt really matter, full is full. Could it be that the system simply hasnt reacted yet? Sure. But it still doesnt matter, then they will open in a week or something. They arent suddenly going to get players to become more competetive regardless.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

If course it is. Because while everyone say they want balance, they dont want to balance themselves. Everyone else is whats wrong.

That comment would made sense if PS would have been a T1 server. To me it looks like they struggle to stay in T4.

Doesnt really matter, full is full. Could it be that the system simply hasnt reacted yet? Sure. But it still doesnt matter, then they will open in a week or something.
They arent suddenly going to get players to become more competetive regardless.

I think that’s the key. For whatever reason, despite the population either they have no interest in leaving T-4 or they can’t get their act together to be effective..

@Garrus.7403 said:

I am not having discussion about EU servers, I am just making note that the way ANET is doing their algorithms has some issues because we have not a population that allow to cover more than a full blob. We see servers clearly with higher population open and that's not clear why .

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:Please can you check if your algorithms works fine ?How can be that Piken it is the unique Full server when it is very difficult even to cover a border and when even some players moved out ?

I am not having discussion about EU servers, I am just making note that the way ANET is doing their algorithms has some issues because we have not a population that allow to cover more than a full blob. We see servers clearly with higher population open and that's not clear why .

Are you on throughout the 24 hour cycle?

That’s BG to a tee. Prime hours they can muster one blob. After that, they have steady coverage that is spread out over the remaining 16 hours. It’s why they maintain T-1.

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:Please can you check if your algorithms works fine ?How can be that Piken it is the unique Full server when it is very difficult even to cover a border and when even some players moved out ?

as the red server this week ( you are blue and second place ) do you think we have any full map ?yes we have - between 19:30 and 21:00 ... ( 2 full maps )

before and after that we have Outnumbered buff on 3 of 4 maps.

See you ingame :)

Let me summarize the weaknesses of Piken:

• They play points with bad time distribution, meaning their night and morningcrew is inefficient and lacks numbers.
  • Widespread attitude on server is that builds don't matter for how much fun you have for WvW because they dislike elitism. But good builds are still necessary for having fun winning and being efficient in both capping and fighting. This attitude goes to extent where every build discussion leads into "Builds don't matter, just play whatever class you have fun with".
  • Their veteran and popular commanders basically abandoned the server and then quit the game because they disliked playing on other servers
  • Their scouts play on different timezones (OCE) as their commanders (EU)
  • They have bad guild manipulating primetime, 4-5 hours a day everyday. Basically the reason this guild is bad is because they lead open on external voice comms and closed squads where only their guild members are allowed. Basically they raid with the style most NA guilds raid with where you exclude players, even those willing to follow you and join voice comms, difference is that other EU guilds don't allow pugs to follow them and go EB when they're running closed squad+discord. Their commander has lost all faith in humanity which makes him unfit to be a leader.
  • They are not strong enough to take, reset or hold their home border/Stonemist castle, which are both essential to winning/not losing matchups.

If the server is full, they simply have lot of players. This doesn't mean the players are good, on same map or accomplish anything.

@"Threather.9354" said:Let me summarize the weaknesses of Piken:

• They play points with bad time distribution, meaning their night and morningcrew is inefficient and lacks numbers.
  • Widespread attitude on server is that builds don't matter for how much fun you have for WvW because they dislike elitism. But good builds are still necessary for having fun winning and being efficient in both capping and fighting. This attitude goes to extent where every build discussion leads into "Builds don't matter, just play whatever class you have fun with".
  • Their veteran and popular commanders basically abandoned the server and then quit the game because they disliked playing on other servers
  • They have bad guild manipulating primetime, 4-5 hours a day everyday. Basically the reason this guild is bad is because they lead open on external voice comms and closed squads where only their guild members are allowed. Basically they raid with the style most NA guilds raid with where you exclude players, even those willing to follow you and join voice comms, difference is that other EU guilds don't allow pugs to follow them and go EB when they're running closed squad+discord. Their commander has lost all faith in humanity which makes him unfit to be a leader.
  • They are not strong enough to take, reset or hold their home border/Stonemist castle, which are both essential to winning/not losing matchups.

If the server is full, they simply have lot of players. This doesn't mean the players are good, on same map or accomplish anything.

As an FOW player who has been linked with Piken before this sounds about right. Quite a casual server, not that much toxicity in the chat. But the few guilds that do raid/zerg are very tight knitted and arrogant to be honest. One guild raid bumped into an enemy guild raid of same numbers., they gloated in chat that they would wipe the other enemy guild. I watched from afar as other guild group rolled over them in about twenty seconds... Also I followed a guild raid with plenty of PUG's tagging along as well. One of the guild players was actually quite friendly towards me in whispers. Invited me into their unfull squad just to kicked by the commander ten seconds later. They do seem to struggle against equal numbers. They couldn't get through a keep being defending by the same numbers. Overall just a casual server that feels disorganised and ineffective at winning against equal numbers. Shame, as the casual attitude is not all that bad, better than toxicity that's for sure.

@Ben.2160 said:

As an FOW player who has been linked with Piken before this sounds about right. Quite a casual server, not that much toxicity in the chat. But the few guilds that do raid/zerg are very tight knitted and arrogant to be honest. One guild raid bumped into an enemy guild raid of same numbers., they gloated in chat that they would wipe the other enemy guild. I watched from afar as other guild group rolled over them in about twenty seconds... Also I followed a guild raid with plenty of PUG's tagging along as well. One of the guild players was actually quite friendly towards me in whispers. Invited me into their unfull squad just to kicked by the commander ten seconds later. They do seem to struggle against equal numbers. They couldn't get through a keep being defending by the same numbers. Overall just a casual server that feels disorganised and ineffective at winning against equal numbers. Shame, as the casual attitude is not all that bad, better than toxicity that's for sure.

Sounds like you are describing any server and every guild that will probably ditch the server as soon as the tides turn.

@Ben.2160 said:

Ah yeah. Piken is a great server despite me listing their weaknesses. Before the most hated guild on EU bandvagoned there, it was my 2nd favorite server. People were nice and supporting towards new/transferring commanders while having mature attitudes towards what is fun; humour and unity, not egoistic downtalking enemy/pugs. All they lack is strong active leadership, a few commanders, that try their best to win fights/points while not being toxic or elitist kicking people and raging.

Unfortunately Piken will be stuck at lower tiers as long as "the guild" remains there and kills servers original community by being antifun towards anyone who doesn't join the guild. Hopefully they don't bandvagon back to my server, because all guilds will leave and we will be stuck T4 again then. That is how bad it is to have them on your server.

Piken has been a horrible server to PLAY on even back when KISS wasn't there. I capitalized "play"because it's a good server to "be" on, people are cool and I still keep in touch with a few friends there. They're just not good players, that's it. There is a lot of those "not good players" and that's why you're always full. All those scouts, siege experts, tower rangers, wall repair bots. They all add up. You also refuse to establish a discord server, for some reason (BeCaUsE wE aLwAyS uSeD TeEmSpEeK), which is an amazing tool when you're trying to build a proper community.