Signet of Malice & Rune of Sanctuary

conradpedalo.5381

I have that very answer!! As a test I slapped one of these on my D/D condition thief who is in settlers/apoth/shaman mix. In any case his healing well over 1000.Use assassins reward. Use SOM. Spec daredevil with its heal. You get a barrier of 1000+ thats on forever. Throw in Caltrops and with other damage utilities (along with your impaling lotus) and that 1000+ buffer to health that always there is mixed in with ongoing heals of 1500+ on a DB. You shrug of conditions and are very resilient to damage.[

It takes forever to kill anything though.

@babazhook.6805 said:I have that very answer!! As a test I slapped one of these on my D/D condition thief who is in settlers/apoth/shaman mix. In any case his healing well over 1000.Use assassins reward. Use SOM. Spec daredevil with its heal. You get a barrier of 1000+ thats on forever. Throw in Caltrops and with other damage utilities (along with your impaling lotus) and that 1000+ buffer to health that always there is mixed in with ongoing heals of 1500+ on a DB. You shrug of conditions and are very resilient to damage.[

As I've been build testing lately, I went with something similar. In my experience, I found the barrier only all that good for being at max health, so your first bit of incoming damage doesn't drop you too far. But after that, if you take more than one hit, you're playing catch up to get your health back up the entire time. Because of that, I found it mostly beneficial for fights with a lot of incoming pressure, while for longer, slower ones (most champion solos), healing yourself for more is better since you will likely just be dodging everything anyway making barrier of lesser use as it'll just expire.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I have that very answer!! As a test I slapped one of these on my D/D condition thief who is in settlers/apoth/shaman mix. In any case his healing well over 1000.Use assassins reward. Use SOM. Spec daredevil with its heal. You get a barrier of 1000+ thats on forever. Throw in Caltrops and with other damage utilities (along with your impaling lotus) and that 1000+ buffer to health that always there is mixed in with ongoing heals of 1500+ on a DB. You shrug of conditions and are very resilient to damage.[

As I've been build testing lately, I went with something similar. In my experience, I found the barrier only all that good for being at max health, so your first bit of incoming damage doesn't drop you too far. But after that, if you take more than one hit, you're playing catch up to get your health back up the entire time. Because if that, I found it mostly beneficial for fights with a lot if incoming pressure, while for longer, slower ones (most champion solos), healing yourself for more is better since you will likely just be dodging everything anyway making barrier of lesser use as it'll just expire.

Yes this depends on number of enemies as well as how you mix your skills. As example , if you are fighting 5 or 6 enemies and drop a caltrops and mix in a Daggerstrom , that barrier can push well over 3000. You will rarely see it drop. If you are fighting a single enemy you actually worse off. Now I have used this in wvw a few times against a cluster of people on catas trying to take down our walls and they had a hard time hurting me if they remain clustered. It the same with champions/veterans in open world. if they have minions around them you do better.

This of course because your SOM heals 3 times as much, you are more likley to proc an evade for escapists and your caltrops and or dagger storm have more targets that hit.

That's some build. 1k healing power, 3k armor, 16k health, plus barriers...looks fun. :)